Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Several Hotshots Supposedly Broke Or In Debt

[ QUOTE ]
Strasser is this Duke undergrad who thinks he knows everything. He used to always flame my posts on the MTT forum, so at least I am in good company.

With Strasser and Sklansky you have two Gods in conflict, so eit gets kind of nasty with thunderbolts being hurled right and left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure he is now an overgrad.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When Jason Strasser becomes a man, he will put away childish things, especially this rude, misinformed way of writing. There are a large number of young poker players who are winning tournaments and surreal sums of money. It is natural to be conceited and intellectually isolated, like Strasser. Calling Sklansky an underacheiver marks him.

[/ QUOTE ]
But when it comes to a post on Gary Carson's insults:

[ QUOTE ]

We need some controversial writers to keep the discussion flowing.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for posting reminding us of this hypocrisy. I was too lazy to cut and paste.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tech,

I just have a lot of respect for guys like you who have what it takes to perform and close at the highest levels. I don't know you, but Jason is a friend and really good guy. I know you guys know each other from school and I just hope that you are still grounded enough to help him out with some tips and stuff to help get his tourney game to near the same level as yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

well it's hard for me to help him when he's pussying out of the ME this year

[/ QUOTE ]
Strasser is the guy who was brutalized with his AA getting beat in a huge pot by AK in last year's main event right? And he had a ton of chips at the time?

If so then I wonder how much this stroke of misfortune has to do with him not wanting to try again this year. I think that would be a very hard thing to shake off in such a potentially life changing poker event, even for a calloused poker player. I can also understand wanting to pursue a career in the markets, which seem much more fair and predictable by comparison.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The smartest thing to be in our culture is a lazy genius. Mr. Sklansky does not qualify because he works to hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good post, and I agree. What is so bad about being a lazy genius as long as you're working hard enough to get by? So few geniuses ever make a memorable mark on society, I think it's preferable to do what you enjoy, live your life and be true to thineself.

Realistically in 100 years nobody is going to remember Strassa. Not trying to be harsh man, the same is true of almost all of us. Assuming poker is still played then some people will remember Sklansky from his books at least.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:39 PM

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if Strass admires the guy who put his entire net worth on one spin of the roulette wheel on one color. Also, would this guy be more admirable had he put it on a third? Would he then be even more admirable had he put it on a single number?

Edit: oops, looks like he clarified his position in the other thread.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jason, your rebuttle makes you come off much better and lifts some of the cloud that, imo, you held over yourself. your original post made you come off as judgemental, as if david's laziness is unacceptable. and yes, it does make you come off as holier than thou. my insult of "spoiled brat" probably shouldnt be taken at face value. maybe judgmental brat is the more accurate label, but spoiled brat sounds better. for the record, youre a good guy and your post was probably only over the top because adding shock value is often alot of fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bit too pretentious? Do you have a tough time getting around with that pedestal? With all the tension in the air it is such a relief that the cloud has been somewhat lifted by Jason's rebuttle (sic). Maybe you can help out in Lebanon next.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Strasser is this Duke undergrad who thinks he knows everything. He used to always flame my posts on the MTT forum, so at least I am in good company.

With Strasser and Sklansky you have two Gods in conflict, so eit gets kind of nasty with thunderbolts being hurled right and left.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you'd have to go to grad school to be an overgrad, no?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You got me, I never really went to college. Is he a Limbograd then?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:08 PM

tstone is emo
Old 05-31-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You got me, I never really went to college. Is he a Limbograd then?

[/ QUOTE ]

.... grad?