Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Knife VS Bat, who wins?

"like duh, obviously"
Old 07-31-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have run simulations of knife vs bat with skilled users of both. Did 3 runs.

Results -
1st run: Axel
2nd run: Axel
3rd run: Blaze

It looks like the problem for the knife user is that there's no way to avoid the bat swing - if you roll up or down the screen, you lose the initiative. And once you get hit with the bat, you fly back several feet. There's just no way to close the distance. Blaze got lucky the third time and managed to disarm Axel using a grapple.

[/ QUOTE ]

A++++++
Old 07-31-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"like duh, obviously"

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought for a second you were trapping me with some obscure medical acronym I've never heard of. Then using my ignorance of it as proof I'm not really a doctor [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But seriously, there are very few places where a stab wound would put a guy out of commission in a hurry. Any stab to the abdomen is pretty useless in the short term. A 4 inch blade would have a tough time getting deep enough to hit the aorta, and even if it did it would likely just poke a hole in it which gives the bat-weilder some time before he loses a lot of blood. Nothing else in the abdomen is gonna slow him down. Chest is better than abdomen since the heart is there of course and all of the great vessels. I would consider a full 4in heart hit or a hit to the great vessels leading from the heart to be a win for the knife, but thats quite an accurate stab. Just hitting a lung won't slow him too much. People can walk around with collapsed lungs for days. Neck is the money shot for the knife. So many major structures there. Carotids, jugulars, trachea, bracheal plexus which innervates the arms. As long as the bat-wielder protects his neck I think he gets several chances for good swings.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:09 AM

I have seen a number of prison videos where a guy's been shanked multiple times but still is alert and agile
Old 07-31-2007, 05:25 AM

are we talking normal people or people who black out or are crazy because otherwise i think the knife has the pscycological advantage. Im more afraid of getting stabbed with a knife then hit with a bat. Plus its harder to block a knife i think. Obviously id be hurtin if i tried to block a bat but i wouldnt be bleeding immensly. And alot of people are saying a stab wound wouldnt put someone out of commision? Well if i took a stab wound anywhere but like my arm or leg id be pretty intimidated about going back after that person. BTW we talkin a fight to the death? I still pick knife, just because you can close the distance, which probably only involves dodging one swing of the bat unless the bat wielder is majorly on the defensive. Once you do that its over.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I'll get away without a bunch of m'fing bruises, but me with a bat has no chance vs me with a knife

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-31-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The knife people are making very good arguments, but I really don't understand why the knife people seem to think they're just going to charge the bat holder and not get hit hard. guids just said he thinks he could do this 75% of the time.

If I had a bat and someone charged me, sure I might not connect perfectly with the guy's skull, right on the sweet spot, but I would bet that I would deliver a hell of a blow a BIG MAJORITY of the time. Hard enough that knifeboy would be stopped in his tracks and in serious pain, MOST OF THE TIME.

Yet all the knife people act like they'd just run through the contact and fillet me like a halibut. I just don't think so.

And I reiterate my point that unless you slice my carotid or femoral on the first slice, I am going to hit you again VERY HARD SOMEWHERE ON YOUR BODY with the bat. And if I hit you square on the skull or on the knife-wielding wrist, or maybe even just in the ribs, you've got big trouble.

I think it's a very close call, even if the knife has a slight advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had a knife I would take my time. I would keep moving in a circular motion so that the batsman could never get set. And one point which I think everyone is missing: I would fake throwing the knife. The batsman will surely flinch every time the threat of a knife being thrown at him comes up. If he swings and misses once then I pounce. He may backswing and hit me again, but I'm fairly certain I could get inside without him landing a clean blow.

I think we could do a simple test....give one guy a plastic bat and have another guy try to touch him with his hand without getting hit hard.

Also all it takes is one decent stab...then the knife guy can just back off and stall and let the guy bleed to death. Even if the batsman lands several solid blows, the knife guy always has the last resort of throwing the knife into the guy's chest.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:42 PM

I'd take this bat over a knife anyday...

Old 07-31-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen a number of prison videos where a guy's been shanked multiple times but still is alert and agile

[/ QUOTE ]

That's only because he didn't have a bat. If he had a bat, he'd be a dead man.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:48 PM

This is a silly question. The bat would fly out of range of the guy with the knife really quickly, and he could just swoop down and suck blood until the guy faints.