Old 08-14-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
manchild,

lol

cake,

wtf!?

futuredoc,

Seems to me he's pwning you over the head with position. How often do you think he's capable of pushing the river without wanting a call? What is your image like? Seems he can raise you from the btn with a wide range if he's fairly aggro. If you can't fight back now, when can you?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

k say i c/c the turn, what rivers am i c/c, c/f? can i get value by raising turn? is it time to turn my hand into a bluff at any point?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is LanderD, pretty aggro pre and post. thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $427.10
BB: $705.20
UTG: $573.40
Hero (MP): $560.25
CO: $189.95
BTN: $402.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $52.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $36.00

Flop: ($110) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($110) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $78.00</font>, Hero:?

[/ QUOTE ]

With you having checked the turn he'll probably bet most of the time with his entire range.

What's he check the flop with? Underpair, maybe the nuts? Does he check KQ on the flop?

I think he's got you bent over the barrel a bit. He's probably pretty sure you don't have a King and he can either keep repping a King or he could easily have either flush draw and bet river whether it hits or not.

You are probably ahead, but he should be able to profitably bet and leave you in a spot where folding is unprofitable. So, against aggro opponent you probably should call twice unless you have some read based on his river bet size.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
manchild,

lol

cake,

wtf!?

futuredoc,

Seems to me he's pwning you over the head with position. How often do you think he's capable of pushing the river without wanting a call? What is your image like? Seems he can raise you from the btn with a wide range if he's fairly aggro. If you can't fight back now, when can you?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

k say i c/c the turn, what rivers am i c/c, c/f? can i get value by raising turn? is it time to turn my hand into a bluff at any point?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as bluffing goes, a set is really unlikely so the only hand to bluff off is a K and the only way to try that is CRAI the river when a flush hits or the board pairs and he won't fold.

I don't think you get much value out of leading any river. It could work as a block if the flush card hits and he has a K, but it will pretty much kill all his bluffs. It could get value if he has a worse two pair, but when you check river he might bet the worse two pair anyway. I don't know the villian at all, so just speaking in general.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
manchild,

lol

cake,

wtf!?

futuredoc,

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The board is already pretty bonkers so I think if you c/c turn you c/c river. Or c/r if you hit an A or Q. I don't see how you have room to bluff...basically you c/c all non heart rivers and c/rai on a heart river? Hrrmmm...will he really be betting anything on the river that isn't essentially a bluff or a straight? And will a straight really fold??

I don't see how you get value by raising the turn...all his bluff hands fold which is the extra value you need to continue in this hand (b/c you will lose a decent chunk 'o money w hen he has a straight or set). You're just left with putting in ~the same amt of money as c/c, c/c, but now there is another street where you will get raped, lol.

Yugoslav
Old 08-14-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is LanderD, pretty aggro pre and post. thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $52.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $36.00

Flop: ($110) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is check/something better in this spot than bet/fold? (real question)
Old 08-14-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hero checks, BTN checks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because he is likely betting the flop w/ literally 99% of the hands i can get value from by betting here.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hero checks, BTN checks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because he is likely betting the flop w/ literally 99% of the hands i can get value from by betting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's talking about the turn?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:33 PM

Sorry, the turn. It was all too easy with STTs when you didnt even have to mention the street - it was always PF.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:46 PM

As played, call turn, call any river that you don't boat up on.
I would lead turn though for pot control. I think he can only raise you with a K.
Block bet river. Lot of two pair hands that can call you. Maybe Axs.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:59 PM

madsci,

So you lead turn AND lead river? Hmmm..don't you lose value from the hands he's going to bluff at you with? Seems like a lot of value on a crazy board like this vs. an aggro opponent who has position is letting him lead the action.

Yugoslav