View Poll Results: QB
Brees @PIT 3 50.00%
Brady vs. NYJ 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Colts Pumping Artificial Noise into The Dome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There were plenty of close plays and calls, they went both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really though...more calls went the Colts way, and even Indy writers are saying this. another example would be Faulk had his arm pulled back on that late 3rd down (when Brady flipped out) which was blatant PI and no call was made.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a tough call. It was 3rd and 20 and even if he catches that he's not getting the 20. So really you have a situation like the end of a basketball game. You let some things slide because it's not a spot where you want a refs whistle messing up a play that's largely immaterial.

Cody
Old 11-06-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't forget the play where moss got blatantly speared after catching the 50+ yard pass.

Also, the refs did nothing when the colts were intentionally trying to copy the pats snap count during the kneel-down plays to try and cause a fumble.

that's why brady and welker flipped out on the refs

they were clearly biased and when they decided not to call the colts on faking the pats snap counts is when they gave it away.

Morons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the Refs live in Indy, that's probably why. That or they had money on the game, which do you think?

Cody
Old 11-06-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't forget the play where moss got blatantly speared after catching the 50+ yard pass.

Also, the refs did nothing when the colts were intentionally trying to copy the pats snap count during the kneel-down plays to try and cause a fumble.

that's why brady and welker flipped out on the refs

they were clearly biased and when they decided not to call the colts on faking the pats snap counts is when they gave it away.

Morons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see OP realized how silly and wrong his initial thread was and now decided to go against the refs. There's always something.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not really though...more calls went the Colts way, and even Indy writers are saying this. another example would be Faulk had his arm pulled back on that late 3rd down (when Brady flipped out) which was blatant PI and no call was made.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a tough call. It was 3rd and 20 and even if he catches that he's not getting the 20. So really you have a situation like the end of a basketball game. You let some things slide because it's not a spot where you want a refs whistle messing up a play that's largely immaterial.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon, man, that’s a call that is made all the time. The only “true” PI call that is routinely not called is defensive PI on hail-mary type jump balls in the end zone. Everything else is called all the time, when the refs don’t [censored] up that is.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

see my above post on why this is a lousy argument. even if he doesn't get the 1st he might get back into FG range. it's not guaranteed they tackle him - hell addai just broke a similar play for 73 against a similar prevent defense. and, finally, if the colts are dumb enough to PI on 3rd and 20 on a checkdown, whose fault is that?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon, man, that’s a call that is made all the time. The only “true” PI call that is routinely not called is defensive PI on hail-mary type jump balls in the end zone. Everything else is called all the time, when the refs don’t [censored] up that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it doesn't get called, but I disagree that it's made "all the time" and the point I was making still stands.

I think what's lost here is the impact of the penelties that were/weren't called. That deep PI against the Pats early was a bad call, but IND only got a FG, and given their ball movement inbetween the 20s, it seems reasonable that the Colts might still have got a FG there (unless the play was on 3rd down, but I dont' recall that being the situation).

As for Moss's offensive PIs, I have little sympathy for Moss in this spot. His shoves and box-outs are cute and all, but he gets away with plenty, variance caught up to him.

Regarding that 3rd and 20, this is a spirit vs. letter thing. That play was either an incompletion, a catch for 4 yards (lets throw in a 1% for a TD run or the like), or a penelty for 5 yards and an auto first down. A no-call there is far from the worst thing ever (hell even in this game).

Cody
Old 11-06-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a retarded argument.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a retarded argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to see you're still here.

Cody
Old 11-06-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for Moss's offensive PIs, I have little sympathy for Moss in this spot. His shoves and box-outs are cute and all, but he gets away with plenty, variance caught up to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

So because bad calls (or no-calls) were made before, it's fine/good/desireable that we make bad calls now, in an entirely different game? In any event, since the discussion seems to focus on who got more breaks from the refs in that game, stuff outside of the game is irrelevant to the topic at hand. Anyway I doubt anyone wants anyone else to feel sorry for Moss.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So because bad calls (or no-calls) were made before, it's fine/good/desireable that we make bad calls now, in an entirely different game? In any event, since the discussion seems to focus on who got more breaks from the refs in that game, stuff outside of the game is irrelevant to the topic at hand. Anyway I doubt anyone wants anyone else to feel sorry for Moss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? He shoved once and boxed out and used his arms on the other. Were they so obvious that it's always getting called? I don't think so. But the idea that the refs were in IND's pocket this game is silly. Especially if you watched the pre-game show and heard about this referee crew.

Edit: Actually can I change my answer. I'm gonna go with "I'd prefer every game is rigged" argument since that's where this is going.

Cody