Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 06:58 AM

Default Re: July Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
bump. post more bad beat stories from the commerce. plskthx

[/ QUOTE ]

I open A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and get called by both blinds -- which is weird because the SB had been folding relatively frequently for a Commerce player. Flop comes Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB checks, BB bets, I raise, SB cold-calls, BB calls. Turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Both check, and I get this gross feeling I'm beat, but I have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and TPTK, so I grit my teeth and bet. SB calls. River is a red 7 and we both check. He shows 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and MHING.

I was so frustrated, both by how badly he played his hand and the fact that he won, that I slightly lost my cool and spoke (I need to remember to never talk at the tables), and when I realized he defended his blind with 62o, I cried, "what hands has he been folding?"

SB heard me and said "I was big blind." Then I realized there were two BBs posted in the hand, because the guy who was supposed to be the SB was sitting out, so it was just one of those hands where there's two BBs. OK, so the question stands. He goes, "If I was small blind, I obviously fold that."

Obviously. In the BB, it's an easy defend.

Here's a non-bad-beat story. I get back from a break and buy the button, posting 6 chips. There are 4 limpers and the guy to my right, who has the button, cuts out exactly 8 chips from his stack. I know this guy well, and he loves raising when he has the button, so his range is wide. I decide I'm going to defend fairly light here, and so I check my cards. I look at T8o when I hear his chips falling into the pot. I toss in my "call" of 4 more chips, when I hear the dealer say, "that's a raise."

Then I look in the pot to see that button had merely limped, apparently deciding not to raise after taking 8 chips out of his stack. All the limpers call my raise and suddenly I'm in a 6-way pot OOP for 12SBs holding T8o.

The flop comes JJ2 which is pretty awesome, actually, and I continuation bet. Everyone folds.

Ship it?
Old 07-24-2007, 07:08 AM

K here's a hand I played in the 1/2 and is one of the few pots I actually won last time in the game.

Fold to the [censored] douche that is on the button and says raise throwing out 8 chips, I say call in the bb with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Then all of a sudden the dealer points out to button that UTG has raised which means he has just committed him to a 3bet by verbalizing what he is going to do and I've just committed myself to a call. Fantastic. Even better the UTG guy now caps.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Well at least I hit the flop, but I'm still not safe. I c/r, utg 3bets and button calls 2 more, I call.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I c/r again and both call

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet and they both call. UTG mucks and button shows A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

wow I play great

Here's a hand from the 60 where I am actually allowed to win money:

I raise in MP with 88 get like only 2 coldcallers somehow, blinds call.

Flop 655r, bb bets, I raise, button coldcalls and I think to myself it would probably be a good idea if I spiked an 8 on the turn because that would make my hand a lot easier to play from there. BB also calls.

Turn of course is an 8, bb bets again at which point I am almost positive he has 67 or 78 and has executed the genius play of "lol picked up outs I bet", I raise, button 3bets, bb agonizes forever before calling, I am very happy that the 8 came on the turn then cap, both call.

River is a 4 or a 9, bb lets out a smile to let me know that he just got lucky to be drawing dead and get there and checks, I bet both call and then I spend 5 minutes stacking the money because full house > straight.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:08 AM

Who is this guy named Roman at Commerce?!

Oh and Barry G. was still at the 4/8 mix when i left at 600~am
Old 07-24-2007, 11:17 AM

2 limpers, I limp with 44, SB raises, BB calls, limpers call.

Flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB bets, BB folds, UTG raises, I 3-bet, SB and UTG call.

Turn is Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked, to me, both call.

River is 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Perfect. Checked to me, I bet, UTG calls. Ship it!

UTG shows 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Oops... guess he figured we were going to chop, so no reason to raise the nuts.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:33 AM

Roman is the bald tall white guy. Mike L told me he's really good but I wouldn't know because he typically shows up in the game by getting the seat that the big fish just left and then I get up too.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Roman is the bald tall white guy. Mike L told me he's really good but I wouldn't know because he typically shows up in the game by getting the seat that the big fish just left and then I get up too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really need to learn everyone's names already.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Is he the Gus Hansen?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bump. post more bad beat stories from the commerce. plskthx)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in EP. One limper and I raise. Folds around to CO, who calls.

Flop 972r
I bet, CO calls, early limper folds
Turn 4
bet, call
River 5
His 63o is good.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:15 PM

that one hurts a little. Makes me feel calm.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that one hurts a little. Makes me feel calm.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, I tried to console myself with the knowledge that I'd get that back with interest if he stayed in the game. After another 4-5 hours I don't think I ever won more than one or two tiny pots off him.

We had a nice game of pass the buck going. I probably gave him two racks, which he lost to another calling station, who in turn lost it right back to me.
Closed Thread