Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]
Huh? Who says the WWE knew at that point?

[/ QUOTE ]

all throughout the tribute show wrestlers were talking about "getting the call last night"

and the wwe was the first to break the story
Old 06-26-2007, 01:41 AM

The police went to the house today (well, Monday).
Old 06-26-2007, 01:45 AM

WWE.com is reporting that the Fayette County Sheriff's department in Georgia has informed WWE that Chris, Nancy, and Daniel Benoit died as a result of a double murder-suicide. As reported by the AP and local Atlanta TV affiliates, an autopsy performed on Tuesday will reveal more about the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Official toxicology results will not be available until early July.

WWE provides a timeline on the events in the deaths:

- Benoit was not at the Smackdown/ECW house show in Beaumont on Saturday, or in Houston for the Vengeance PPV due to what Benoit informed WWE as a family emergency.

- Benoit sent "curios text messages" to friends on Sunday morning, and concerns over the messages were relayed to WWE representative Richard Hering.

- Richard Hering spoke to local authorities on Monday morning, requesting a "wellness check" at the Benoit residence.

- Local authorities found the bodies of Chris, Nancy, and Daniel at 2:30 p.m. on Monday afternoon after. Initial evidence has led authorities to believe Nancy and Daniel were killed sometime during the weekend, then Benoit killed himself on Monday.

-- WWE officials in Corpus Christi were informed of the deaths at 4:00 p.m. WWE then held a meeting with wrestlers and talent, informing them of the deaths.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WWE.com is reporting that the Fayette County Sheriff's department in Georgia has informed WWE that Chris, Nancy, and Daniel Benoit died as a result of a double murder-suicide. As reported by the AP and local Atlanta TV affiliates, an autopsy performed on Tuesday will reveal more about the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Official toxicology results will not be available until early July.

WWE provides a timeline on the events in the deaths:

- Benoit was not at the Smackdown/ECW house show in Beaumont on Saturday, or in Houston for the Vengeance PPV due to what Benoit informed WWE as a family emergency.

- Benoit sent "curios text messages" to friends on Sunday morning, and concerns over the messages were relayed to WWE representative Richard Hering.

- Richard Hering spoke to local authorities on Monday morning, requesting a "wellness check" at the Benoit residence.

- Local authorities found the bodies of Chris, Nancy, and Daniel at 2:30 p.m. on Monday afternoon after. Initial evidence has led authorities to believe Nancy and Daniel were killed sometime during the weekend, then Benoit killed himself on Monday.

-- WWE officials in Corpus Christi were informed of the deaths at 4:00 p.m. WWE then held a meeting with wrestlers and talent, informing them of the deaths.

[/ QUOTE ]

shrug, guess i was wrong
Old 06-26-2007, 01:55 AM

I am really glad I watched the TV show before reading this thread.

To all the trolls in this thread who are saying stuff like "LOLZ Wrestiling is fake" etc.

Growing up me and my brothers would always watch wrestiling together. I didn't play with GI JOE or LEGO or Superman action figures, I had one of those toy rings and the action figures of the wrestlers and I would spend hours with me and my brother "fighting" each other. Once we got older I watched WWE regularly on TV, Had "fights" with my brothers as wrestlers and played WWF video games. As a Canadian I always loved the Canadian wrestlers, the Harts, Benoit, etc. As I grew older I realized tons of wrestlers were broke, liars, juicers, criminals, wife beaters, etc. but there were few guys who through interviews or charity events or books or whatever, came off as classy people and I continued to think they were. When Benoit died I was shocked, but when I found out the double homicide I was crushed(probably an overstatement, but can't come up with a better word). These guys were my superheroes, eventually you figure out that Superman was a fictional character, but for guys like Benoit who pretty much play themselves, there is a thin line between fiction and reality. Now imagine that you found out Superman killed Lois Lane and his son and than killed himself you would be pretty crushed and while the realist in me realizes that Benoit isn't a hero, the kid in my still wants to believe.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:56 AM

this is all way too surreal right now to be honest. I know that meltzer wouldn't put anything up on his site that. It's insanely shocking to think that he would do this to his family
Old 06-26-2007, 01:59 AM

Well said, Pudge.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:00 AM

Listening to the chorus of "Don't Let Me Down" is kind of surreal ATM.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well said, Pudge.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Sums up what I'm feeling.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:03 AM

Unreal