Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: FLORIDA ALLOWING POKER GAME STAKES TO BE RAISED IN JULY!

The bill on the Governor's desk, SB752, does not mention a time charge.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've not played a time-charge table, but I would imagine it would be death for a reasonably tight player, wouldn't it, especially one this steep?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely a minus for the tight player.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Gov. will act on this bill. Either sign or veto. He has always acted on bills

[/ QUOTE ]

??? He hasn't been Gov. that long so it's hard to say what he will always do.

As of 06/12/02 at 16:03

APPROVED BY GOVERNOR -------------------- 100
VETOED BY GOVERNOR ------------------------ 4
BECAME LAW WITHOUT GOVERNOR’S SIGNATURE --- 0
PENDING IN GOVERNOR’S OFFICE ------------ 167
GOVERNOR HAS NOT RECEIVED ---------------- 66
Old 06-12-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bill on the Governor's desk, SB752, does not mention a time charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bill does not limit the amount of the "rake" or how it is taken. Just that it must be posted.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:33 PM

1. The time charge does suck, especially since you can only buy in for $100 max. So let's say that you play for an hour, chase a couple of draws and maybe drag one small pot. You'll be down close to $25 including the $12 in rakes they'll charge you. Try to combat that with aggressive play as soon as you sit down and build up to $150ish and grind from there. And don't bother playing if there are multiple stacks > $500 at the table -- that's a death sentence.

2. The card rooms down here probably won't play hardball with each other regarding the rakes. If they were, then we'd have seen $32+$8 tournaments by now. They all run $45 tourneys ($32+$13) without fail. They'll all have the same rakes without fail. Do Vegas rakes vary? They may spread different games, though, and that may help set them apart. But don't expect them to cut corners with the rake. $120 an hour is too enticing for all of them to rock the boat.

3. We have gone round and round on Crist vetoing this, and I think the mere fact that it's waiting for his signature is a sign that it's going to pass. Previous governments wouldn't have tried this hard with Jeb in office, and us residents need a tax break any way we can get them.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:41 PM

Similarly, SB 752 does not mention a maximum buy in in the no limit games. In fact, the word "maximum" was deleted from the house bill (which said "maximum required buy in"); the nill now merely says "the REQUIRED buy in may not excedd $100.) With that said, I will not be surprised if we see the buy in capped at $100,
Old 06-12-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Similarly, SB 752 does not mention a maximum buy in in the no limit games. In fact, the word "maximum" was deleted from the house bill (which said "maximum required buy in"); the nill now merely says "the REQUIRED buy in may not excedd $100.) With that said, I will not be surprised if we see the buy in capped at $100,

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG - we've been through this a hundred times already!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. The card rooms down here probably won't play hardball with each other regarding the rakes. If they were, then we'd have seen $32+$8 tournaments by now. They all run $45 tourneys ($32+$13) without fail. They'll all have the same rakes without fail. Do Vegas rakes vary? They may spread different games, though, and that may help set them apart. But don't expect them to cut corners with the rake. $120 an hour is too enticing for all of them to rock the boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I am seeing 32+8 MTTs now at SKC. Still 32+13 for the SNGs though. And TB Downs was promoting 32+3 in the afternoon MTT before they closed for the summer.

Competition has kicked in.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 PM

I wonder if one of us can't sue over the time-charge rake, or at least complain to the regulatory agencies about it.

I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that the rake is to be not greater than 10%/$5 max. If we can show that the $120 an hour that the propose to take is always (or at least substantially) more than 10% or $5 per hand, then maybe we can affect change on this.

That said, I wouldn't mind paying a lower hourly charge -- it's good for the speed of the game. But the more we kick it around, the more this $6 per half hour charge seems like just another way to gouge us worse than they already are.

I know that I sound like an ingrate -- after all, we ARE getting NL, and we ARE getting games resembling real poker -- but I'm gonna be bent if they continue to chop so much out of the game (as much as they can get away with, really) that it's next to impossible to beat it.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:43 PM

at jckc where i played in monticello the mtt's are $33+17! hows that for juice?!