FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

I play the freerolls and over a year would make more by keeping them so yes my choice is against my financial self-interest. I don't believe in profiting by taking advantage of other's geographical location or family commitments.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:49 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this thread.

I'm in the same boat as Henry. I play the freerolls as often as possible. I have already made more this year from the freerolls than I would have if the proposed bonus was in place instead. But I still would rather have the bonus.

I'm not going to pretend that I want to look out for the interest for all the other Supernovas as a whole. I don't. I would rather have the bonus than the freerolls because the difference in value is worth having that time slot available to spend with my family.

But I do think that Stars wants to look out for all Supernovas as well as the VIP Program as a whole. I think they realize that most players aren't crazy about the freerolls but would rather have them than nothing.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:54 PM

The only problem with the bonus is that it doesn't have much of a wow factor. For the 2200 SNs who currently exist it would be seen as a major improvement for 70% of SNs. For new players (who are not that bright usually) the freerolls are probably a better marketing tool.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only problem with the bonus is that it doesn't have much of a wow factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly why I suggested this:

The Solution as I see it

Psease see my compromise suggestion in the thread, not the original suggestion (post).
Old 10-09-2007, 04:12 PM

I would be cool if they decided it was in their best interest to keep the freerolls. As it's been mentioned, the freerolls are really a small part of the VIP program overall.

I really would love the chance to play more tables next year. I seriously surf the net in between hands as it is. I've been playing SNGs with my maximum cash game tables lately instead of playing at Full Tilt. But the SNGs aren't as fun/entertaining to me as the cash games. Not to mention they don't accumulate points as fast, and I love me some VPP!!! So this is the change I would like to see most.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:34 PM

I agree PokerBoy, this thread has solid entertainment value. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe in profiting by taking advantage of other's geographical location or family commitments.

[/ QUOTE ]

So to sum up what I should have learned so far,
1) I have a lack of courage and a character flaw if I prefer to play in satellites to win a fixed seat rather than one that can be refunded for cash value
2) By stating that I would prefer to continue to receive $3,000 in EV for SuperNova rewards in 2008, apparently I believe in profiting from other's family commitments
3) New players are not that bright usually

Let me make this very simple:
1) I would like to receive a SuperNova bonus or reward in 2008 comparable to the $3,000 in EV I received in 2007

2) While I like MTTs, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE what form this comes in. I WOULD BE HAPPY GETTING THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE, I would just like to receive a similar amount of financial incentive to achieve SuperNova next year that I received this year

3) I don't have anything against everyone receiving a fair/equitable/comparable amount. I don't particularly care what YOU get, as long as I don't see a big dropoff in my value. I would not vote for a freeroll out of spite or because your arguments against them annoy my sensibilities, but because I perceive it to be in my own self-interest.

4) Despite your dead-horse bashing arguments to the contrary, Stars can achieve keeping both camps of SuperNovas happy (those playing freerolls to capture max EV and those who prefer cash bonuses) by simply spending more money. There is no holy script forbidding Stars from giving $50/week in cash bonus value or a $216 tournament ticket every month. They may choose not to, but they could, and this would make me perfectly happy and I imagine would at least stop you from complaining about the lack of equal treatment.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:32 PM

Actually no they can't. They cannot keep giving you $3000 while also giving everyone the same amount.

You play poker but don't understand basic math?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually no they can't. They cannot keep giving you $3000 while also giving everyone the same amount.

You play poker but don't understand basic math?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they can. D U C Y?

Well, obviously, you don't, so here it is...

Ready? They could INCREASE the $s budgeted for the SuperNovas! ZOMG!

I know that was complicated, so here's the math...
1) Let's say they are spending an average of $1,000 per SuperNova now
2) If they spend 3x as much overall, and then give everyone the same amount, then that's, let's see... 3 x $1,000 = $3,000!

Here's an even more complicated calculation:
If they give each SuperNova one $216 tourney ticket per month, this would be 12 months/year x $216/month = well, I dunno cuz I can't do teh maths, but maybe that
almost $3,000/year too?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:07 PM

So you expect Stars to increase the budget by $4.5M?

That is realistic. A 300% increase is kind of low. I think we should go for something higher. A free Ferrari for all SNs sounds good.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you expect Stars to increase the budget by $4.5M?

That is realistic. A 300% increase is kind of low. I think we should go for something higher. A free Ferrari for all SNs sounds good.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be quite honest, we will be lucky they keep the same amount and not lower the value of the program. This time last year, they were trying to grab the market share from Party Poker and their exiting the market. Now the market has consolidated, lets hope they want to keep their whales happy.