Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Trip report/ask me about time in maximum (and minimum) security pr

History Channel is doing a show on Joliet right now, The Big House.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You will be paid to go back to Joliet for 1 month, starting tomorrow.

How much is the minimum you would take?

great TR

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-15-2006, 07:32 PM

Seems this thread has done a lot of good in a lot of ways.
If we wanted to pay you back, is there some way we could contact the parole board putting in a good word?

I know one young kid, a relative of a close family friend, who might learn a lot from reading about your experience...
Old 12-15-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Trip report/ask me about time in maximum (and minimum) security prison

Seems this thread has done a lot of good in a lot of ways.

If we wanted to pay you back, is there some way we could contact the parole board on your behalf, putting in a good word? Would it help much?

I know one young kid, a relative of a close family friend, who might learn a lot from reading about your experience, and I plan on making that happen...
Old 12-18-2006, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't think I saw this asked, so were there any prisoners who received special treatment while in jail? I am again thinking of movies/tv like Goodfellas and 'The Wire' where bigshot criminals are able to enjoy a good quality of life while in the can and get special treatment from guards. If such a dynamic exists in real life, how does it play out?

[/ QUOTE ]
there used to be alot of prisoners treated special, but that got cleaned up in Illinois in the mid/late 90s. In May of 1996, there was a huge news story that exposed the state of Illinois prisons after Bill Curtis, of A&E fame, brought to light videos of the prison system and specifically Richard Speck. The prison system was run by the inmates and the guards just let whatever happen as long as they were safe. After this video and a flurry of filed lawsuits, the IDOC cleaned up its act. They put in many more fences and gates, established better controls to monitor the prison pop, it kept too many prisoners from congregating, and it ended special treatment. The minimum security prison, Vienna, was infamous for having gang leader Larry Hoover, chief of the gangster disciples, run the prison. By the time of my incarceration, this type of thing had been slowed down a ton as the guards took the prison system over. The interstate trading of gang chiefs helped end the system of a few guys dominating the system.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you feel your lawyer worked his hardest for you/got you the best deal possible?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. He did everything possible. I did consult other lawyers when things got bad and they all came to the same agreement. My lawyer has always felt bad about my case and thinks it is one the biggest 'raw' deals he has seen. Oh well..

[/ QUOTE ]

If you went to prison for simple possession of GHB, dont get caught playing poker for a living, you might get the death penalty

[/ QUOTE ]

Escobar,

You are a troll and a loser. Bye.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:50 AM

Where is MT2R?
Did California find out about the thread?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is MT2R?
Did California find out about the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry...I actually played poker for the last week. Sometimes, I feel like making money as well. I'm surprised and humbled that this thread still has momentum.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just wanted to say this is a really interesting thread and I have a lot of respect for how you handled all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you. I'm pretty sure most reasonable people would have handled it the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so. I don't think I would have done as well as you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, i'm pretty sure i'd be someone's bitch.

i've read all the posts so far, but i can't recall seeing anything about this. if you handn't gotten in the fight with cali, would you have stayed at the same prison your whole sentence?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I most likely would've stayed at Joliet the whole time. I had sent in numerous requests to move and the consulors were not up for signing off. They thought I was better off in Joliet. Like most public officials, they were underpaid and overworked so mistakes happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

man, who'd of thought catching a beating would be one of the luckiest things that happened to you in this year or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...that beating was great for me and I understand what a break it was. Ironically, I've been beat much harder before. I only had a little swelling and a split lip. If I had known it would've worked out like that, I would've tried for it months earlier.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity, where did your lawyer put your chances of going to trial and getting found not guilty. It seems like the cops [censored] up pretty good at the scene. Were you the one that rented the hotel room? How many people were in the room partying? Did you admit the GHB was yours when you were questioned by them? Did they fingerprint the bottle? When the cops go into a hotel room filled with a bunch of guys partying, and end up just taking names and leaving, it seems like it would be really hard to come back 3 months later and prove beyond a reasonable doubt that one particular person out of the group had possesion of a bottle that was under the bed or in a dresser drawer or whatever.

It also looks like there might have been some 4th Amendment issues with the search since (I assume) the GHB wasn't in plain sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

about 20% chance at getting off. Juries don't like drug dealing date-rapists and that is the story the prosecution would've sole.

4 of us were in the room. Cops came in legally. They had specific instructions on where to search from the thief. It was in my luggage, which had my tag on it. It was open and shut case on the possession.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hopefully they will be finished with the construction on impe before im done here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't count on it, especially after the water pipes snafu.