Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]

UK is not going to take 2 of 3 from UT/USC/UGA.

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm... yeah. They just might do that.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully you guys know me as an LSU alum, but NOT a homer.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, LSU is probably the best D we see all year, although they've shown a bit of susceptibility to the pass.

[/ QUOTE ]
They have? I have not seen it. And I've been watching carefully. Jonathan Zenon and Chevis Jackson are legit lock down corners, and probably the best duo in the country. Craig Steltz is clearly in the category of "bad ass white boy." Taylor is the closest thing the defense had to a weak link, which likely makes him the strongest weak link in college football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I dont think LSU's secondary is suspect or bad or anything like that, but they are a bit untested IMO. Look at the teams theyve played: MSU and VT have absolutely terrible QBs and USC have Mitchell who is slighty better than absolutely terrible (none of these teams have great playmaker receivers either). Lets face it, you cant run the ball on LSU, its just not gonna happen, theyre too nasty up front. A team like Florida might be able to come in and light up the LSU secondary with playmakers like Harvin and Caldwell with Tebow throwing it. And lets face it the LSU/UF game is gonna be the 3:30pm CBS game (maybe will start @ 5pm with this new time). So no crazy night atmosphere in tiger stadium.

Basically living in Houston and dealing with so many homer insane LSU fans has made me want your team to lose so I could be biased. But a lot of people I know think LSU has some manifest destiny where they cannot lose and I disagree. This stuff doesnt really apply to you but I dont deal with you irl.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about go look at Blake Mitchell's stats versus those of John Parker Ragarm. Bama will put up less passing yardage against LSU than SC did.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean "might" in the "there is a 20% chance that they do so" sense of the word, then sure,whatever.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean "might" in the "there is a 20% chance that they do so" sense of the word, then sure,whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's higher than 20%. Lower than 60%. My point was you are underestimating their chances IMO.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, LSU is probably the best D we see all year, although they've shown a bit of susceptibility to the pass.

[/ QUOTE ]
They have? I have not seen it. And I've been watching carefully. Jonathan Zenon and Chevis Jackson are legit lock down corners, and probably the best duo in the country. Craig Steltz is clearly in the category of "bad ass white boy." Taylor is the closest thing the defense had to a weak link, which likely makes him the strongest weak link in college football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I dont think LSU's secondary is suspect or bad or anything like that, but they are a bit untested IMO. Look at the teams theyve played: MSU and VT have absolutely terrible QBs and USC have Mitchell who is slighty better than absolutely terrible (none of these teams have great playmaker receivers either). Lets face it, you cant run the ball on LSU, its just not gonna happen, theyre too nasty up front. A team like Florida might be able to come in and light up the LSU secondary with playmakers like Harvin and Caldwell with Tebow throwing it. And lets face it the LSU/UF game is gonna be the 3:30pm CBS game (maybe will start @ 5pm with this new time). So no crazy night atmosphere in tiger stadium.

Basically living in Houston and dealing with so many homer insane LSU fans has made me want your team to lose so I could be biased. But a lot of people I know think LSU has some manifest destiny where they cannot lose and I disagree. This stuff doesnt really apply to you but I dont deal with you irl.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about go look at Blake Mitchell's stats versus those of John Parker Ragarm. Bama will put up less passing yardage against LSU than SC did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, BM threw for 70 yds against LSU. I'm guaranteeing that JPW throws for more. JPW had one of, if not the, worst games of his career against UGA. Even if he played like that for every game he'd still be better than BM.

Now, that being said, he has underachieved about this year, I thought he'd of played better than he has. I'm hoping he'll silence the haters (some being Bama fans) this weekend with a big game we'll see. But dont try and tell me that BM>JPW.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, BM threw for 70 yds against LSU. I'm guaranteeing that JPW throws for more. JPW had one of, if not the, worst games of his career against UGA. Even if he played like that for every game he'd still be better than BM.

Now, that being said, he has underachieved about this year, I thought he'd of played better than he has. I'm hoping he'll silence the haters (some being Bama fans) this weekend with a big game we'll see. But dont try and tell me that BM>JPW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blake Mitchell

135/202 1789 Yds 66.8% 8.86 YPA 10 TDs 6 INTs 151.62 RAT

41/68 391 Yds 60.3% 5.75 YPA 3 TDs 4 INTs 111.39 RAT

John Parker Bubba Joey Joe Joe Wilson

216/379 2707 Yds 57.0% 7.14 YPA 17 TDS 10 INTS 126.51 RAT

72/133 851 Yds 54.1% 6.40 YPA 4 TDs 3 INTs 113.29 RAT

Yeah dude, sooooooo obvious that JPW >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> > BM. You're not looking at this through rose colored glasses at all.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Um, BM threw for 70 yds against LSU. I'm guaranteeing that JPW throws for more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really this dumb? Spurrier yanked Mitchell and put in Smelley. Way to go out on a huge limb by predicting that JPW will throw for more than 70 yards. If only there were a common opponent between SC and Bama this year....

Mitchell vs. UGA

20/31 174 5.6 0 0

Wilson vs. UGA

17/35 185 5.3 0 0

OMG once again Wilson >>>>>>>>>>>&gt ; Mitchell obv.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 PM

lol are you autistic or something man? Throw all the stats out that you want, do you actually watch games or just check the box score afterwards? Watch the 2 guys play and tell me that Mitchell is better. How many comebacks has BM orchestrated this year? Steve Spurrier would bust a nut if he could swap JP for BM right now.

I will admit that I misread your first post though, i thought it was comparing JPW and BM. I still think that Bama passes for more than SC against LSU and JP will have more than 70 yds in the first half alone. And you seem to forget that BM got yanked because he was sucking balls.

I definitely take Brandon Cox over Mitchell. In fact the only person I might not take over Mitchell is whoever MSU has. He's one of the worst QBs in the SEC dude. And while JP isnt a superstar, hes still hands down a better QB than BM. The UGA game was one of his worst ever, he had a terrible game missing receivers and he still had the stats of your boy + 1 rushing TD.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:01 PM

Excuse me, he actually rushed for 2 TDs against UGA.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol are you autistic or something man? Throw all the stats out that you want, do you actually watch games or just check the box score afterwards? Watch the 2 guys play and tell me that Mitchell is better. How many comebacks has BM orchestrated this year? Steve Spurrier would bust a nut if he could swap JP for BM right now.

I will admit that I misread your first post though, i thought it was comparing JPW and BM. I still think that Bama passes for more than SC against LSU and JP will have more than 70 yds in the first half alone. And you seem to forget that BM got yanked because he was sucking balls.

I definitely take Brandon Cox over Mitchell. In fact the only person I might not take over Mitchell is whoever MSU has. He's one of the worst QBs in the SEC dude. And while JP isnt a superstar, hes still hands down a better QB than BM. The UGA game was one of his worst ever, he had a terrible game missing receivers and he still had the stats of your boy + 1 rushing TD.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, why compare actual on the field production when we can compare CLUTCH.