Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: judgment!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rachel Constant Gardener/Maxim

<font color="white">yes, i cheat </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

yowza. missed this one the first few times around, but where have you been all of my life

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like being a super rule nit, but it looks like the second pic is from Maxim, not from the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

solid point. i'm an idiot for not noticing this, since he stated it explicitly. not sure what to do though as i think she and her character are hot anyway, but the second pic is hotter.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I should add that proportion is important, and if she's bigger down below, it helps to be bigger up top. Still, I generally go for voluptuous over skinny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, proportion is the thing. Men like that hourglass shape because it's fun everywhere you look, but also because it's balanced. If a woman is built like a pear, big hips and tiny top, even if her hips are fantastic, she looks kind of odd, and one part points out the other part. If she's built like a turnip, all boobs or shoulders and narrow hips, like an upside-down Weeble, that's not great either.

The waist goes a long way to help define curves too. A woman with slim hips but a narrow waist can actually look pretty voluptuous.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The waist goes a long way to help define curves too. A woman with slim hips but a narrow waist can actually look pretty voluptuous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is what I was asking about. I didn't mean - Do men like a huge fat ass?

What I meant was - do men like the waist:hip ratio being sort of big (assuming she's balanced on top of course...which usually means proportionally wide shoulders, right?) and usually means a very tiny waist...or do men like a small waist:hip ratio? My observation is that most of the popular TV and Film actresses have slightly narrow hips.

I wasn't asking "Do guys like ugly women who are shaped like pears?" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do guys like ugly women who are shaped like pears?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, some guys do.

The reason why so many girls are not curvy on film/ tv is that most actors stand like 5'5". Depending on the camera angle and lighting and restrictive costuming, a woman can appear to have large proportions, and this is more easily manipulated with a 27-25-27 than a 34-24-34. Also, most casting directors are women, so I doubt it has much to do with what males find attractive, only what a woman thinks is beautiful.

But yes, in real life, men want curves, softness...... [/drool]
Old 10-27-2007, 03:57 PM

Natalie Portman as Sam, in Garden State. She is my perfect girl, character-wise and beauty-wise. She will lose because she isn't "sexy" in this film, but she is to me. If it's not too late..

Old 10-27-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LeeLoo from 5th element

pro's-perfect human, knows kung fu, cant speak english very well

Cons- None she's the perfect human

[/ QUOTE ]

positive: savior of humanity, looks good kicking ass

negatives: unstable, may beat me up if she got mad, don't like the hair

Old 10-27-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Natalie Portman as Sam, in Garden State. She is my perfect girl, character-wise and beauty-wise. She will lose because she isn't "sexy" in this film, but she is to me. If it's not too late..

[/ QUOTE ]

nice girl but WE'RE DONE WITH ROUND ONE!!! Please, no more nominees!

I've got to judge Leeloo now, too? Tar, you're the ruler for this, yay or nay?
Old 10-27-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LeeLoo from 5th element

[/ QUOTE ]

score: 7.5 - very pretty but kind of a god and that's intimidating.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
still at work. stressed out. haven't read the whole thread. Please tell me that no one has posted this girl yet,

Celine, Before Sunrise

[/ QUOTE ]

pluses: literate, funny, smart and cool. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous...with plump, full lips that make me wanna bite 'em. She's French.

minuses: She's French.

overall: The Perfect Woman. Period.

score: 10

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Dom knows women.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is what I was asking about. I didn't mean - Do men like a huge fat ass?

What I meant was - do men like the waist:hip ratio being sort of big (assuming she's balanced on top of course...which usually means proportionally wide shoulders, right?) and usually means a very tiny waist...or do men like a small waist:hip ratio? My observation is that most of the popular TV and Film actresses have slightly narrow hips.

I wasn't asking "Do guys like ugly women who are shaped like pears?" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Katey you must have fallen out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Big hips doesn't mean fat ass. They're a real separate thing. Some very skinny girls are still pear-shaped just because of their bone structure. Bones =/= fat!

And some women who have very curvy hips don't get that effect at all because they have a thick waist -- not necessarily fat at all, just thick.

There are so many ways the genetics play out that even if you are in great shape, or have some nice curves, or both, it can still not really stand out that well. I remember some of the sexiest-looking girls by far I have known have been ones with tiny little waists that made whatever curves they had look absolutely extraordinary. They were just mesmerizing to look at. I even remember some specific ones to this day, probably most just because of that.