Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

Jesus (CF) did the right thing.

If anyone, knows anything about poker & cashing out it would be Him.

All Jesus did was protect the new guy from doing something that he had NO idea what to do in this situation.

No one to fault, so let it go.

/The title to this thread sucks. It should read: Harrah's stiffs dealers in the ass with crappy tipout; and Jesus said Amen.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yet again we are not recieving 1.8%, over 700 dealers are sharing 65% of that 1.8%(I have been told now that the chip runners are getting 5% of our share) And atleast i can admit im no good with numbers :O)

[/ QUOTE ]

Chip runners for the main event? That's hard to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it even harder to believe how dealers think that they are the only ones entitled to tips. The bitterness that floorpeople and chip runners get tips too is simply astounding to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, except that chip runners don't do anything in tournaments. Why not give the bell boys a piece too?

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red">What? Ahh you must have never made it to the money in the ME. they worked very hard also for the entire 45 days and 5% aint squat </font>
Old 07-20-2007, 11:56 AM

I think it's a big cop out to mention the whole travelling with harrah's and only working X hours. A lot of people have part time jobs, they have 2 of them. It's not an excuse to complain about a decent hourly wage.

If you've got all these additional hours, use them to make money. A lot of dealers play poker. I bet you with half a month of free time, you could do web design, or another job that doesn't require you to be in the same city all the time. You know, a job that requires an education and a little bit of hard work. My good friend is a fireman. He makes way less then you per hour, and works a second job. I've never seen him cry over not getting tipped by the people he saved. "Hey I saved your life, toke ?"
Old 07-20-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It should read: Harrah's stiffs dealers in the ass with crappy tipout;

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know at all about that. It sounds like the dealers are making a killing during the tournament, and on top of that there was a pretty large dealer surplus. Add that together and it seems that Harrah's has worked out a really generous tipout % to take from the players.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a big cop out to mention the whole travelling with harrah's and only working X hours. A lot of people have part time jobs, they have 2 of them. It's not an excuse to complain about a decent hourly wage. <font color="red"> Quote me where I am complaining about traveling, my pay being too low and not getting tipped enough </font>

If you've got all these additional hours, use them to make money. A lot of dealers play poker. I bet you with half a month of free time, you could do web design, or another job that doesn't require you to be in the same city all the time. You know, a job that requires an education and a little bit of hard work. My good friend is a fireman. He makes way less then you per hour, and works a second job. I've never seen him cry over not getting tipped by the people he saved. "Hey I saved your life, toke ?"

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red">you just compaired a fireman to a poker dealer? Thats pretty insulting to your good friend and it makes no sense, try again please. Oh and I should become a player? now how would i be able to do that when from what you are stating post after post that I claim I dont make enough money? Brilliant </font>
Old 07-20-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It should read: Harrah's stiffs dealers in the ass with crappy tipout;

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know at all about that. It sounds like the dealers are making a killing during the tournament, and on top of that there was a pretty large dealer surplus. Add that together and it seems that Harrah's has worked out a really generous tipout % to take from the players.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> please enlighten me, with an exact ammount, what you consider a "killing" </font>
Old 07-20-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that my personality and skills earn my pay

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus...I should become a dealer then. If you're making $30+/hr with *your* personality, just think what a less whiny person could make?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

please enlighten me, with an exact ammount, what you consider a "killing"

[/ QUOTE ]

$30,000 - $45,000 for 45 days.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a big cop out to mention the whole travelling with harrah's and only working X hours. A lot of people have part time jobs, they have 2 of them. It's not an excuse to complain about a decent hourly wage. <font color="red"> Quote me where I am complaining about traveling, my pay being too low and not getting tipped enough </font>

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red">you just compaired a fireman to a poker dealer? Thats pretty insulting to your good friend and it makes no sense, try again please. Oh and I should become a player? now how would i be able to do that when from what you are stating post after post that I claim I dont make enough money? Brilliant </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The very existence of the bulk of your posts is proof of your complaints. I've seen nothing in here that suggests you're happy with what you made, in the little time it took you to make it, with the easy job you're performing.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:32 PM

I didn't read most of the post but I hate when people complain about the tips. Why is there a need to tip at all? Think about it. You pay the house to run the game. The house should pay the dealers. If someone wants to tip thats fine but people should not feel obligated to tip.

As far as i'm concerned dealing is not hard, and takes no education, but yet people think making $25-$35 an hour is bad. I went to college and spent a lot on education to make that same amount of money, while these dealers went to a cheap school to learn to count and throw cards around a table.

When you are in your home game, do you tip the guy who dealt the hand when you win? I think not. stop the nonsense.
Closed Thread