Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt Shortcuts - new ahk script

[ QUOTE ]
nanochip,

I would expect you have the FTS operating an invisible control at some point. Maybe add more "ControlGet, Visible" stuff inside loops that have already checked for visibility...

I am having similar problems, can't nail them when testing on a single table, but people report FTP crash with BetPot every hour or so when playing many tables [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The new FTP is a real resource hog... this version IIRC was never out as beta - either that or what was a beta has massive scaling problems when all players are using it.

This I believe causes severe lag (see the other thread on here, and the big thread in IG). Lag will cause the occurrence of an FTCButton disappearing whilst scripts (that have checked for it's presence beforehand) expect it to be there... and we know how much the FTP client likes it when we do that lol.

It may help to raise either the CPU priority of FTP, or your script. It may also be worth lowering the priority of FTS, but using "SetBatchLines, -1" so that FTS executes as fast as possible without interrupting other apps.

BTW, is this still an AHK (my previous suggestions assume so)? how are you dealing with the reg. keys and such? you still including source code?

Good luck,

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

The crashes I can understand, but the slowness of FTS is solely the result of FTS. The old version works super fast still. Can you please increase the speed of the operations? Maybe it's the result of all the extra features and operations FTS has to perform, it's annoying to have to "push fts along" so it finishes performing certain operations.

Anyway, as soon as I installed FTS I unselected all the Displays (kind of distracting imo), but I did turn on highlighting. I'll try some testing without it tomorrow and see if I can pinpoint the crash problem. It could very well be the highlighting.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:15 AM

Surprisingly enough, versions 0.46 and 0.38 cause my comp to use significantly more resources that with 0.51, but 0.51 is the only one with crashing problems.

Dunno if that helps at all.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:35 AM

Nano,

FWIW, I get the same "lagging" problems regardless of whether I'm running FTS or not IF the tables are resized. When I keep them at default size it is smooth as butter...
Old 03-31-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Surprisingly enough, versions 0.46 and 0.38 cause my comp to use significantly more resources that with 0.51, but 0.51 is the only one with crashing problems.

Dunno if that helps at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

What % of cpu time do you see Shortcuts using? I never see it above 3% (usually at 0) and virtually no memory usage.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:15 PM

Nano, I am going to send you the $20 via FTP now but the download is gone which is fine, but in my older version your email is not in Help-> about... what is your email?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The crashing is horrible, just happend 5-6 times in a 2 hours session.

I really think the problem might have to do with the resizing of the tables. I only say this because whenever I resize 4 or more tables I get the same horrible lag with the software, but I can 12 table at default size with no lag whatsoever.

Nano is there anyway you can make an option of "default" size on the table tab?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just signed up yesterday and had about 5-6 crashes too in 2 hours, but I didn't resize any of the tables

also, I can get the script working for potting preflop, and betting 70% of the pot on the flop (which is what I want it to do), but in order to do so I have to make "river if not first to act" 100, and "preflop when not first to act" 70 for some reason, it's almost as if the numbers are controlling the wrong streets for some reason, and I have no idea which numbers are controlling my turn/river bets.... any ideas for this?

I want it to be pot preflop, 70% flop, 70% turn, 70% river as the default
Old 03-31-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What % of cpu time do you see Shortcuts using? I never see it above 3% (usually at 0) and virtually no memory usage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't check which individual processes were using up what % of resources, I just noticed that FTP + HUD + FTS (0.51) hovers around 50% of my CPU usage, while FTP + HUD + FTS (0.46/0.38) uses around 80%. FTP doesn't really lag for me with either combo running but certain features of FTS do with versions 0.51/0.46. The old version of 0.38 is uber quick by comparison.

My uneducated guess is that you customized 0.51 to work with this version of FTP so in conjunction they "waste" less resources. The older versions aren't as efficient on certain levels but don't crash because they're free from whatever it is in the new code that's causing the problem.

I am running a dual core CPU if that helps to explain anything.

FYI: I disable all displays regardless of version, except for the tooltip.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:15 PM

Ahhh, life used to be so simple [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Here is what I have for a bug List for version 0.51 - if you notice other things please let me know.

I'm working on fixes and will post revision as soon as I have something.

1. When playing with multiple tables open (probably 4 or more), the Full Tilt application will occasionally crash, and you will have to restart Full Tilt. I have finally been able to duplicate this problem on my computer, but it's difficult to troubleshoot as it may take 30-60 minutes for the problem to occur. The problem occurs when FTS writes a bet amount to the bet window and right before this happens, the Full Tilt application erases the bet window. I had this problem fixed in previous versions of FTS, but something about the new version of FT has caused it to reappear. As dave mentioned, people are saying that the new FT software is very laggy when playing multiple tables (I assume that they mean it is slow to respond to their mouseclicks). I'm investigating if this could cause the problem.

These settings may reduce/eliminate the problem (but I haven't tested it yet)
a. Disable
----> "Betting Info Tooltip"
----> "OSD $ - Bet Size"
----> "OSD % of Pot - Bet Size"
on the Display tab
b. Uncheck "Preset bet Window to 1 Click Amount Above" on both of the "Street Bet - xxx" tabs.

2. On some computers FTS is not able to read the stack size correctly. This shows up if you use the "Display Stack Info" and if you have FTS set up to automatically reload your stack. FTS uses image recognition to read the amount in the player's box. I am able to duplicate this problem on an old Toshiba laptop, and will work on a fix.

Since this feature uses image recognition, you will not be able to change the font that is used to display the stack numbers.

3. When auto-reloading chips, FTS can gets stalled in closing the dialog boxes. I did see this happen once. When I saw it, FTS was trying to reload two tables at once, which it isn't supposed to do (there is code in there to have it only reload one table at a time.

a. Are you seeing this problem when just one reload dialog pops up?
b. If you see this problem, does the "display stack info" work correctly for you?

4. Some people are having problems with dialog boxes closing. There are some suggestions for fixing this on my documentation web page, in the "Important Notes and Troubleshooting" section.

a. If this is issue is intermittant for you, please provide me some additional info: When does it occur? Is it more of a problem if there are 2 or more dialog boxes open? Are you experiencing other slowdown issues?

5. One user reported that the bet window was changing values slowly when you first move your mouse to a table. The softare reads the pot bet amount by clicking on the pot button and it returns it to the previous value (this is used to calculate the "preset bet amount". The bet window would change to the pot amount and then to the min amount and then to the correct street bet amount, perhaps taking a second or two to stabilize. I'm trying to duplicate this.

Are many of you seeing this? Does it correlate with any other issues that you see (like other slowness in using FTS)?

6. Windows Vista problems. FTS does a number of things with image recognition. Since Vista has a different "look", FTS is not able to recognize this new look. Since the borders on Vista are different than XP, the position of items on the Full Tilt table is slightly different, and FTS is looking in the wrong spot. The issues that have been reported to me are (let me know of other things related to Vista) :

a. Dialog boxes not closing
b. Stack not being read right (also affects chip reloading)
c. Scroll wheel not working right (for adjusting bet size)

7. Some users have reported that FTS seems slower with the new version. I am not able to duplicate this. My task manager ocassionally shows that FTS uses 1-5% of cpu time on my computer (but it is usually at 0%).

The only slow down I've seen is when running Vista in Aero mode, which seems to really slow down everything.

As dave has mentioned, there are some long threads on 2+2 on how laggy and slow the new version of the FT application is (without FTS). Again I don't experience this... does anyone else?

Some users have said the slowness seems related to having the tables resized to non-default sizes. I will try to run some tests for this soon.

nanochip
Old 03-31-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The crashing is horrible, just happend 5-6 times in a 2 hours session.

I really think the problem might have to do with the resizing of the tables. I only say this because whenever I resize 4 or more tables I get the same horrible lag with the software, but I can 12 table at default size with no lag whatsoever.

Nano is there anyway you can make an option of "default" size on the table tab?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just signed up yesterday and had about 5-6 crashes too in 2 hours, but I didn't resize any of the tables

also, I can get the script working for potting preflop, and betting 70% of the pot on the flop (which is what I want it to do), but in order to do so I have to make "river if not first to act" 100, and "preflop when not first to act" 70 for some reason, it's almost as if the numbers are controlling the wrong streets for some reason, and I have no idea which numbers are controlling my turn/river bets.... any ideas for this?

I want it to be pot preflop, 70% flop, 70% turn, 70% river as the default

[/ QUOTE ]

Toine,

If you were playing using FTS then the tables were resized, it does it automaticaly...
Old 03-31-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Toine,

If you were playing using FTS then the tables were resized, it does it automaticaly...

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case they were resized, I was using FTS