Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: DONT YOU WISH YOU LIVED IN MD?
Bastard. 27 100.00%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Official September Thread: General Discussion, whining .. etc

[ QUOTE ]
I hope to never meet Jeff in person because I might kick his ass just for being a douche. This is saying a lot coming from someone like me who goes out of his way to piss people off.

A house in France, NYC, Miami, and SF? Are you [censored] me. There is just no point to that. I don't think I'll ever own a house anywhere and I'm fine with that. Let's me travel far more. I think you might be a bit too materialistic Jeff.

Personally, I'm looking to retire somewhere around net worth $3-4 million. Retirement is increasingly likely to include giving up my USA citizenship for Spanish citizenship. That process alone is going to take 5 years at the least [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

how was i being a douche lmao.

and whats wrong w/owning a bunch of property? its an investment in itself, especially in popular cities. and obviously thats a huge exaggeration, realistically ill probably have two houses max.

but if having aspirations to be rich means im a douchebag, guess im a douchebag.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just watched the CTS vid; opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing, probably my favorite vid on CR currently, but then again I'm just a CTS fanboy by heart. Who isn't?

i want to own 89 houses in 136 different countries. forget that, i want to own 136 countries. make that 236. i want to spend at least $5,000/night in restaurants, i want to own 33 planes, and i want to run 54 different sports franchises. $2 million can lick my balls.

edit: cts video was very good. he thinks, acts, and talks very fast. guy is a beast.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you realize how many families are making nowhere close to that?

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, can we drop this line of thinking completely, its retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in response to Snipes's claim that $100k isn't enough to support a family even if we aren't trying to live some lavish lifestyle. It's plenty.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i dunno, just because some people do it does not mean that it 'can be done.'

i feel like im coming off like a douche, but a better way to think about it A5 might be while your parents were able to do that for you, is that what you want for your kids? you always felt that it was plenty?

i am from south florida and i guess i have lived a pretty sheltered/privileged life thus far, but I do not feel like I am completely ignorant in these respects. a $600,000 home where I live is just not big at all, its like 2500 sqft maybe, maybe depending on location etc.

i dont even know what I am trying to say and am doing my best not to be an arrogant ass but I echo a lot of what JoD is saying. I go to a good school, am driven, will get a good job, work hard and would be extremely disappointed in myself (barring any ridiculous unforeseen changes) if I am not able to at least provide what my parents provided for me.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and just to make it clear, im not trying to degrade anyone for living off 45k etc. i just feel i have both the ambition and intelligence and desire, for whatever reason, to want to make lots of $

[/ QUOTE ]

you are being degrading when you mention ambition and intelligence

i have tons of both, but money doesn't improve my life happiness after a certain point and, thus, I don't seek it

for many it does, so I understand why they go for it
Old 09-27-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just watched the CTS vid; opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing, probably my favorite vid on CR currently, but then again I'm just a CTS fanboy by heart. Who isn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I thought it was v good. Its close between his and Jman's for best CR vid.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:20 PM

now buying multiple CARS, then you could say theres no point to that and call me a douchebag

houses are completely different
Old 09-27-2007, 08:22 PM

everyone comes from different walks of life... to some people 100k/year is wealthy, to others that is poor. the fact is anyone making that would subsist quite fine, although clearly some people are looking for more. Don't know why those who want to make more are getting flamed, if people are willing to work for their money, good for them. (Although, to those who are poo-pooing that much money, it could be you're getting flamed for the WAY you're saying what you're saying, not WHAT you're saying...)
Old 09-27-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and just to make it clear, im not trying to degrade anyone for living off 45k etc. i just feel i have both the ambition and intelligence and desire, for whatever reason, to want to make lots of $

[/ QUOTE ]

you are being degrading when you mention ambition and intelligence

i have tons of both, but money doesn't improve my life happiness after a certain point and, thus, I don't seek it

for many it does, so I understand why they go for it

[/ QUOTE ]

well obviously that came out wrong. i specifically meant the ambition to make $.

im sure theres many people, say, teaching high school that have the ambition to improve their social community around them. they have the intelligence, obviously. and i feel that they are just as successful as i wish to be, just in a different way.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
snowbank, do you have a lump sum goal in mind for retirement?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i enjoy making money, so i don't think i will "retire" when i can retire just for the sake of retiring. i enjoy challenges and making money on my own, through new ways that i haven't done before. i'm in the same boat as the guys who want a lot more than $2 million. I want to live a lifestyle where money is never really an issue. I want to be able to have whatever I want. When I make my first couple million, maybe I will semi-retire and not work as hard, but I always enjoy things that I'm doing. So in that sense I already kind of live like I'm retired, aka working when I want, taking time off whenever, traveling, etc... So as far as retiring, I can't see my self making a few million and then spending 70 years doing nothing. I'll keep doing things that I enjoy, and often they involve challenges where you can make a lot of money if successful.(poker, trading, real estate, businesses, etc...)
Closed Thread