Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 04:56 AM

Default Re: I Screwed Up

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, the double click party bug was widely used. I used it to datamine the party 30 game for a little bit. I had alot of party accounts from my bonus whoring days, but I don't think I had rakeback on 2 accounts. So, I don't think I played on 8 party tables. In ring games, I am sure it was just like using multiple skins. Playing Coral/Multi poker to 6/8 table for instance.

I think alot of people that are sooo mad at ZJ and his morals are being very short sighted. They should be staring directly at party and stars. It was their fault. You can't let the integrity of the game rest on the morals of kids. It starts with the big name sites, and they are not really worried about anything but money. So long as this doesnt hurt their bottom line, the wont fix it. Thus, it is the fault of the discontent majority that party let this continue so long.

I was 15? years old when I first played real money poker online. That shouldn't be possible. Not only do the major sites not actively seek to prevent this, many would argue that they actively push to gain the action of kids. My 13 year old little brother put money online. I wasn't happy when I found out. If the major sites keep letting minor offences by, then larger ones will follow. The nature of the beast. Then again I just lost 7k so maybe I am just mad. Who knows. Good day all.

As far as ZJ,

In the words of tupac, "I ain't mad atcha."

However, I think the multiplicity/ZJ jokes are pretty funny in general, and I don't think they should stop. As long as they stay tasteful and aren't too over used.

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i cant believe someone finally said this. partys incompetence was largely the reason why this happened.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, the double click party bug was widely used. I used it to datamine the party 30 game for a little bit. I had alot of party accounts from my bonus whoring days, but I don't think I had rakeback on 2 accounts. So, I don't think I played on 8 party tables. In ring games, I am sure it was just like using multiple skins. Playing Coral/Multi poker to 6/8 table for instance.

I think alot of people that are sooo mad at ZJ and his morals are being very short sighted. They should be staring directly at party and stars. It was their fault. You can't let the integrity of the game rest on the morals of kids. It starts with the big name sites, and they are not really worried about anything but money. So long as this doesnt hurt their bottom line, the wont fix it. Thus, it is the fault of the discontent majority that party let this continue so long.

I was 15? years old when I first played real money poker online. That shouldn't be possible. Not only do the major sites not actively seek to prevent this, many would argue that they actively push to gain the action of kids. My 13 year old little brother put money online. I wasn't happy when I found out. If the major sites keep letting minor offences by, then larger ones will follow. The nature of the beast. Then again I just lost 7k so maybe I am just mad. Who knows. Good day all.

As far as ZJ,

In the words of tupac, "I ain't mad atcha."

However, I think the multiplicity/ZJ jokes are pretty funny in general, and I don't think they should stop. As long as they stay tasteful and aren't too over used.

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i cant believe someone finally said this. partys incompetence was largely the reason why this happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, screw it, let's ALL start playing 6 entries in a single tournament. After all, it IS largely Party's fault.

Screw expecting honesty out of a poker player. Hell, screw even expecting them to follow the T&C that has been clearly laid out to anybody willing to read it.

For reference, I'm not saying Party has no dog in this fight, and I know Party has had their problems, but this is absolutely NOT a discussion in which Party's role should be an issue. Party didn't say "Hey ZJ, there's this nice little loophole for you to cheat with". ZJ found it and took the dishonorable, dishonest way out. Party's issues will have their day, as they have so often before.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:44 AM

You guys are really seriously overreacting again.

Yes, he broke the rules. But that does not make him an evil, bad person.

Your reasoning seems to be something like 'he broke the rules, and he knew he did, so he is a [censored] [censored] and should [censored] die.' Something like that.

ZeeJustin knew that what he was doing was against the rules, but many of his friends did the same and there was never anything said about it, so he thought he could get away with it. It's that simple. If you think this is still horrible, will all the people with rakeback at partypoker please hang themselves now? You can say what you want, but it's against the rules. Period. So you can conclude that all people with party rakeback are, in fact, evil. Right?
Old 03-30-2006, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are really seriously overreacting again.

Yes, he broke the rules. But that does not make him an evil, bad person.

Your reasoning seems to be something like 'he broke the rules, and he knew he did, so he is a [censored] [censored] and should [censored] die.' Something like that.

ZeeJustin knew that what he was doing was against the rules, but many of his friends did the same and there was never anything said about it, so he thought he could get away with it. It's that simple. If you think this is still horrible, will all the people with rakeback at partypoker please hang themselves now? You can say what you want, but it's against the rules. Period. So you can conclude that all people with party rakeback are, in fact, evil. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, my most recent post was regarding the subject of Party's responsibility in this debacle. Responding to your point, as has been said many times before, there's a major difference in rakeback (which I admit I don't have) and HAVING SIX ACCOUNTS IN THE SAME TOURNAMENT. There's a major disconnect in the severity of infractions.

Honestly I was never a big ZJ fanboy, barely knew anything about him beyond that he was a very talented young player. That said, I think what hits me the most is that a "known and respected 2+2er" would commit such an obvious offense against the spirit of the game, not just the rules laid out by Party Poker and Poker Stars, etc.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:43 AM

It's amazing how right and wrong become so much clearer once someone has to suffer consequences.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:37 AM

ZJ…

Forgiveness is more properly a private matter between you and your Higher Power and your penance between you and your priest (and I’m pretty sure it’s not finished).

But you will never be welcome at my table.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:26 AM

z,

i for one believe everything youve said since this all went down. i can only imagine how painful it must be to know that this is going to stick with you for the rest of your life. i commend you for sticking to your passion, and wish the the best of luck. im not so sure the worst is over.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:59 AM

Default name of ZJ\'s second PokerStars account?

does anyone else find it strange that ZJs second PokerStars account STILL hasnt been named? I mean, I played against several of the Party accounts listed to him (and figured at least a couple to be him at the respective times), but surely everyone has the right to decide themselves what direct impact this has had on them if any.

All we currently have to go on with Stars is Lee Jones' assurance that the big win was legit (which i guess we have no reason to doubt) and ZJs assurance that it was hardly ever used anyway (errrr...). I personally dont think this is enough - perhaps Justin could enlighten us on this and whether the OMID777 account (or whatever it is) that i was almost certain was linked to him really was in any way.

J
Old 03-30-2006, 09:12 AM

This thread is really enlightening. I cannot believe how gullible people are-- this is not even a very sophisticated dupe and there are only about ten out of three hundred or so responses that have pointed it out. A month or so ago the entire board was lambasting Justin for what he did; now, because he wrote this empty apology which, even in the apology itself continues to argue that Party should not have taken the money he cheated from people in the tournaments and continues to lie and claim that he did not know that what he was doing was wrong when that is obviously not true, everybody is wishing him good luck and congratulating him. The apology is sincere, yes, but Justin is just sorry he got caught, not sorry that he did anything wrong. He has known this whole time he was doing something wrong and didn't care.

Someone posted in this thread that 2+2 would be a great place for a scammer because it is full of rich idiots; he wasn't really far from the truth. If you are really thinking that Justin is doing a great, mature thing with this post, then you really, really have been fooled. He wasn't even smart enough to leave out the fact he was still upset at Party poker in his apology! He still thinks that having the money taken from him was wrong; even though he has won somewhere probably close to $200k from these tournaments, he is complaining that Party seized $100k from him. And still, there are about 300 posts here praising him for his apology. And some posts attacking people for calling him out for this false apology too. Ridiculous.

I don't think ZeeJustin is a bad guy; but this isn't an apology either. I don't think this makes him a good guy. He is still the same guy. He is still a selfish guy. He hasn't changed or learned anything at all. Nothing at all. He isn't humbled-- what balls does it take for him to still be arguing about having the money confiscated after all of this? He isn't a changed guy. He is still the same selfish, cheating guy that he was when he was cheating people out of their money. He hasn't learned anything. The way to help Justin learn something is to say sorry, Justin, you have not learned anything. We will not pat you on the back and say, "Good boy. Good job." and reward you. We see through it. We still have turned our backs on you and won't until you actually change. Otherwise, Justin will learn a really bad lesson; that he can indulge in selfishness, and he can lie and claim ignorance that what he was doing was wrong, come back and apologize and everything will be okay. You guys will be doing him a great disservice as a person if you forgive him because you will be robbing him of a chance to grow as a person. He made a huge, huge mistake but right now he is trying to get out of it the same way he got into it in the first place and 90% of you are helping him and not even realizing it. You are helping him by teaching him the lesson that he can continue to lie to help himself rather than tell the truth and that he can continue to act in a selfish way by protecting his own interests over doing what is right and that in the end, he will be rewarded by getting what he wants.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think alot of people that are sooo mad at ZJ and his morals are being very short sighted. They should be staring directly at party and stars. It was their fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be mad at the theif who steals the purse from a 87 year-old lady who isn't strong enough to defend herself. Blame:

a. The Government: obviously THIER fault for not providing her with 24/7 personal protection

b. The Old Lady: she should've been taking steroids and carrying a firearm

oy vey