Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: mandatory mental health evaluation for gun-rights supporters

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On top of it, my bet is that there are a lot less lunatics in Switzerland, per head of population, than in te USA!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I concur.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure yukoncpa realized what the solution to talking to midge is right here in this post. He edited it down a bit, but I think the idea is still there.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll attempt to sum up the thread,like I did with the Bonds thread.

Others:rabble rabble rabble
Pvn: Gun rights, rabble, pwn you, and you, and you. Rabble Australia after stricter gun laws? Here are charts rabble rabble... pwn thread
Tame Deuces: Rabble rabble, semantic BS, hijacking thread, rabble rabble
Dbl BarrellJ: I'm a cop, train people to use guns, pwn,pwn, rabble

Midge: [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you wouldn't pass the sanity test! (Then like usualy) Derrrr derrrr deerrrrr

[/ QUOTE ]

That shyte is hilarious. I can hear the South Park-esque "rabble, rabble" as I read it.

Oh...but your previous summary wasn't the Bonds thread, it was the Ron Paul thread....can't believe you could get those two confused......remember, one is a racist prick, the other one has 762 homeruns. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Pvn: Gun rights, rabble, pwn you, and you, and you. Rabble Australia after stricter gun laws? Here are charts rabble rabble... pwn thread

Midge: [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you wouldn't pass the sanity test! (Then like usualy) Derrrr derrrr deerrrrr

[/ QUOTE ]

That shyte is hilarious. I can hear the South Park-esque "rabble, rabble" as I read it.

Oh...but your previous summary wasn't the Bonds thread, it was the Ron Paul thread....can't believe you could get those two confused......remember, one is a racist prick, the other one has 762 homeruns. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I can't believe I got that mixed up, I always avoid posting in Bonds threads like the plague. I knew they were both RedBean threads though.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Paul's got 762 home runs?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Paul's got 762 home runs?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL my first thought. He had to have expected this response, right?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:36 AM

Well MidGe, I was going to respond to your responses, but after reading them, I couldn't find a single one that wasn't completely and utterly destroyed by other posters, so I'll just go with these two questions:

1. Based on other posts, just as a general question, where do you think the freedoms you have come from, and who grants you those freedoms?

2. If someone broke down your door and held a loaded gun to a loved ones head, you would prefer to be with, or without a gun at that moment?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Based on other posts, just as a general question, where do you think the freedoms you have come from, and who grants you those freedoms?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the experience of many generations that have tried to solve the problems and found that government was the best they could find as an answer to the dilemmas. I mean if it wasn't so, it would not have endured the way it has!

[ QUOTE ]
2. If someone broke down your door and held a loaded gun to a loved ones head, you would prefer to be with, or without a gun at that moment?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may prefer to be with a gun, in that position, however, having a gun doesn't make me the fastest gun in the west, which seems to be the romantic notion you subscribe to, but it is a moot point, a true straw man argument. I would absolutely prefer to live in a society would had very strong gun regulation as it is less likely to happen in that society.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the experience of many generations that have tried to solve the problems and found that government was the best they could find as an answer to the dilemmas. I mean if it wasn't so, it would not have endured the way it has!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may prefer to be with a gun, in thatMay having agun doesn't make me the fastest gun in the west, which seems to be the romantic notion you subscribe to, but it is a moot point, a true straw man argument. I would absolutely prefer to live in a society would had very strong gun regulation as it is less likely to happen in that society.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, your logic is, criminals, who obey no other law, will, out of respect for you, obey the gun laws?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, your logic is, criminals, who obey no other law, will, out of respect for you, obey the gun laws?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not according to my logic... Your "faulty" logic however assumes that if guns are less readily available they would be as many criminal equipped with them. That is simply moronic NRA propaganda.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not according to my logic... Your "faulty" logic however assumes that if guns are less readily available they would be as many criminal equipped with them. That is simply moronic NRA propaganda.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best way I can answer that is to point you in the direction of a good economics book. I'm not sure if you have a clue how the black market works, but the guns don't go away, they may rise in price, but they still exist. The only difference is the criminals will become much more brazen since they have no fear of, oh, I don't know, DYING in the process of a strong arm robbery anymore.

Personally I'm not too concerned, as my Law Enforcement status allows me to carry regardless of the liberal agenda's continued assault on American's personal safety. I feel for the rest of you though.