4 0 0%
5 0 0%
Results please 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Re: College Football Week 4

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so what is going on to oregon seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]
The Ducks were up 21-3 with the ball, 3rd and one at Stanford's 40. They fumbled, Stanford recovered, and that one play was like flicking a switch. Stanford busted a 60 yard run for a TD on the first play, Oregon lost TWO MORE fumbles as the quarter progressed, and Stanford put up 28 unanswered. A 60 yard kickoff return from Stewart set up a field goal at the end of the half though, to stop the bleeding, so I'm hoping things will be back to normal in the second half, and Oregon will still win by 10+.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stanford goes three-and-out to start the half, and Oregon scores pretty quick, we're tied again. It *looks* (I should say sounds, I'm listening on the radio, since there's no live TV) like the second quarter was just a painful fluke, but things are back to what they should be now, in which case Oregon will probably end up winning this comfortably.

Or... maybe they're just waiting to suck more as they give up a 47 yard kickoff return while I type this. GAH!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 12:36 AM

I don't know who the announcers are in this Minn-Purdue game are, but they seriously just contended that Purdue has a really difficult upcoming three weeks. Their next three games you ask? ND, OSU, and Michigan.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so what is going on to oregon seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]
The Ducks were up 21-3 with the ball, 3rd and one at Stanford's 40. They fumbled, Stanford recovered, and that one play was like flicking a switch. Stanford busted a 60 yard run for a TD on the first play, Oregon lost TWO MORE fumbles as the quarter progressed, and Stanford put up 28 unanswered. A 60 yard kickoff return from Stewart set up a field goal at the end of the half though, to stop the bleeding, so I'm hoping things will be back to normal in the second half, and Oregon will still win by 10+.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stanford goes three-and-out to start the half, and Oregon scores pretty quick, we're tied again. It *looks* (I should say sounds, I'm listening on the radio, since there's no live TV) like the second quarter was just a painful fluke, but things are back to what they should be now, in which case Oregon will probably end up winning this comfortably.

Or... maybe they're just waiting to suck more as they give up a 47 yard kickoff return while I type this. GAH!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Update: Stanford wasted the kick return with another three and out, and punted. Oregon took it 90 yards for a TD. Stanford went for a fourth and one, didn't get it, and Oregon just scored again, 21-0 so far in the third quarter. Ducks lead by 14. All looks to be right with the world again.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know who the announcers are in this Minn-Purdue game are, but they seriously just contended that Purdue has a really difficult upcoming three weeks. Their next three games you ask? ND, OSU, and Michigan.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do, in the sense that they have a very high probability of losing 2 of those 3. Obviously ND isn't much of a challenge.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They do, in the sense that they have a very high probability of losing 2 of those 3. Obviously ND isn't much of a challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]
In that sense, for them it is a tough 3 weeks. I can't really convey the sentiment very well here, but they were certainly implying it is a difficult 3 weeks in an absolute sense. Like, that would be a tough 3 weeks for LSU.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:19 AM

this Yahoo Wetzel article is great

read it
Old 09-23-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
************Official TULANE has more wins than Notre Dame post********

hyachacha with even more ***** power green waveeeeeee

[/ QUOTE ]

Vanderbilt has more wins than ND and Tulane combined [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this Yahoo Wetzel article is great

read it

[/ QUOTE ]
Excellent read, especially about the trend away from the Midwest and the South. He has a good point there IMO.

About the more surface issue of Miles leaving LSU for UMich, I think we have differing opinions on Miles. I think he is a good coach, and won't be thrilled to see him go. He shows an open mindedness to have a modern offense and take risks that uber-conservative Lloyd Carr does not, and that alone will help Michigan get better. Plus, Miles is a good recruiter. Maybe even a little unethical (but in the state of Huey Long, this is not only acceptable, but to some degree expected). Miles will say and do things that will make tOSU fans hate him, and that will endear to UMich fans all the more.

But, Miles leaving will leave us with an opportunity as well. I think it was you, MT2R, that said LSU was likely the best head coaching gig in football. Period. And I think you are correct. So if Miles leaves, we are in a position to hire someone better. Like I said, I like Miles, but I will gladly trade him for Steve Sarkisian or Norm Chow. It's like trading a nice, reliable, 2006 Honda Accord for a brand new 2007 BMW 7 series. So while I like Miles, part of me is wanting something better.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:15 PM

I'm beginning to warm to Miles

he had a great defense at Okie St, but Mike Cassity was given the credit. Watching what Cassity did at Illinois (01-03) and at Louisville (04-present) afterwards makes me think it was alot more Miles than one thought.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im actually shocked that uk beat ua.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your all's passing game is as bad as your running game is good. Which is saying quite a bit.

Also nice to see that Kentucky is good enough to play awful and still beat a good team on the road.

The much-maligned Kentucky defense gave up 1 TD. Offense/special teams gave up the rest (and I do mean "gave," as in "gift").

In the second halves of the last two games, against Louisville and Arkansas, the Kentucky defense, which is supposed to be this huge liability, has given up a combined.................

..............6 points.

Edit: After the game, McFadden called us the most physical defense he'd seen in 2 years or something like that.