FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Decision time;

12 team 6x6
OBA, SLG, R, RBI, HR, SB
ERA, WHIP, W, K, HD, SV

Hanley Ramirez- The shoulder popped back into place before the inning ended, and Ramirez might be back in the lineup as early as Tuesday at Arizona, manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "It's nothing alarming right now," Gonzalez said. "He did it last year a little bit."

Carl Crawford-

Lance Berkman-Astros 1B Lance Berkman (swollen left hand) didn't start any of the three games against the Pirates after sitting out Sunday, but could play Monday night against the Dodgers.

Decision #1-I'd have to replace Ramirez with Weeks. The Brewers play seven games next week with two against left handed starters. I don't think Weeks will start more than four games next week, so if I can get some kind of confirmation that Ramirez will definitely play, I'd roll with him. Lineups don't lock until 6:35, so I should be able to get some more info.

Decision #2/#3-I've got Chris Young, Adrian Beltre, and Dave Roberts along with Berkman and Crawford to fill two spots. I'm leaning towards Beltre/Young. Everybody from that group plays seven games except Crawford, so with the injury risk, I think it's best I leave him on the bench. Houston is at home for LA and SD, so benching Berkman wouln't be a terrible, especially if he doesn't play every day. The Mariners are at Texas and home for Oakland. I usually like to get my bats in there against Texas pitching. The D'Backs are at home for Florida (4) and Atlanta.

Decision #4-My last pitcher spot. Escobar has a home game against Oakland. Marcum has two starts, one at home vs Johan Santan and one at Javier Vazquez. Betancourt plays seven games at home vs Boston and Minnesota. Villanueva is at Cincy and at St. Louis for seven games. He'd be my choice, due to his hold/win/K potential, but he's been getting shellacked lately. I need everything in pitching except WHIP.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went ahead and started Ramirez, since I think the EV of Weeks playing 3-4 games is worth risking.

I went with Beltre and Young over Berkman and Crawford. Six games plus an ankle injury hurts Crawford's value enough that Chris Young playing seven home games is safer, if not better. Pretty much the same with Beltre. Hopefully he can feast on that Texas pitching.

At pitcher, I hadn't noticed Soriano getting shellacked almost as bad as Villanueva. If I had noticed that, I would have had two decisions. In the end, I went with Escobar and Soriano.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:50 PM

I generally make it my policy not to start pitchers in Colorado. Chris Young pitches there tomorrow. Nothing else considered, in a h2h league would you start him or bench him?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:58 PM

Phillip Hughes, Jason Giambi and Scott Olsen

For

John Smoltz, Jermaine Dye and Carlos Delgado

In a keeper league. I am in 2nd right now and i am obviously more concerned about winning this year then keepers. Thoughts? Its Keep 8, So Hughes is a possible keeper for me.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For

In a keeper league. I am in 2nd right now and i am obviously more concerned about winning this year then keepers. Thoughts? Its Keep 8, So Hughes is a possible keeper for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoltz is a big upgrade over Hughes for the short term, even with the injury risk. Everything else is kinda meh. It's not like you won't keep Smoltz next year.

Is there any way you can get a healthier pitcher than Smoltz? You also may want to shop Hughes. Since his value is likely at its highest right now, he might command an even bigger bounty than Smoltz.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoltz is a big upgrade over Hughes for the short term, even with the injury risk. Everything else is kinda meh. It's not like you won't keep Smoltz next year.

Is there any way you can get a healthier pitcher than Smoltz? You also may want to shop Hughes. Since his value is likely at its highest right now, he might command an even bigger bounty than Smoltz.

[/ QUOTE ]

The deal as stated isn't bad for you, but as rwperu34 points out, you may be able to get a lot more for Hughes, considering he's the best pitching prospect the Yankees have and should be great for years to come, hopefully.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 PM

Crawford, Andrew Miller, L. Gonzalez for Brandon Phillips, Willy Taveras, Jose Valverde.

Keepers league, looking to push for the title...addresses needs at SV. Am I giving up too much in Crawford?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:49 PM

Are most of you keeping Chris Ray or dropping him in non-keeper H2H and roto leagues? I already have Fuentes and Schilling on the DL, and mediocre closers like Al Reyes, Hennessey, and potential ones like Broxton, Rauch, and Otsuka are sitting on the waiver wire.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:52 PM

I like Broxton right now. Good pitcher and for the time being is the closer.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:36 PM

OBP, SLG, HR, R, SB x K, WHIP, ERA, W, SV

offered Derrek Lee for Todd Jones

Current closers:

Wagner
Cordero (the good one)
Accardo
Jones

Current 1B options:
Pena
Berkman (mainly played in an OF position though)
Old 07-26-2007, 05:57 PM

assuming it works for team need, would anyone trade Lincecum for Braun? both could be kept next year at the same price.