Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Official June Thread: General Discussion/etc

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder whether you've ever worked as a poker pro.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, I have been making my money playing poker for the last 5 months. The amount of energy and time it takes is negligible compared to an 8-hour a day office job.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:58 AM

i arrive in vegas tomorrow. staying with vanessa and them, holla if u enjoy straight degeneracy!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder whether anyone finding the life of a pro poker player tough to deal with has ever worked a mind-numbing office job for 40 hours a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? Definition of a poker pro: Someone who derives the majority of his income from poker.

This is not hard and requires like 1-2 hours work/day to make more money than most people with regular jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not such a definition. Anyway obv I was refering to fulltime poker pros, i.e., the ones that play some hours a day and have poker has their only source of income.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder whether anyone finding the life of a pro poker player tough to deal with has ever worked a mind-numbing office job for 40 hours a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? Definition of a poker pro: Someone who derives the majority of his income from poker.

This is not hard and requires like 1-2 hours work/day to make more money than most people with regular jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not such a definition. Anyway obv I was refering to fulltime poker pros, i.e., the ones that play some hours a day and have poker has their only source of income.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the definition of a pro in all fields you moron. And for all intents and purposes, I meant those who have poker as their only source of income as well. If you're talking about grinding NL50 8 hours/day then you're probably right, that sucks. But the way most MSNL+ pros live is way preferable to an office job as far as work load goes. Period
Old 06-04-2007, 12:39 PM

I'm Emmoyouesee [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2007, 12:57 PM

this is why when I talk to people and they ask " are you going to go pro" I find it difficult to explain to them. Yes, I plan on playing poker for income for the forseeable future, but I still have a semester of school left and no definite plans after that. For me there is no set decision to go pro.

A non-poker friend understood it better- she knew I was making very good money at poker, and that my plans were to keep on playing poker- hence I was a pro.

as to an office job being more stressful than poker- I seriously doubt you've played over 2/4. Even for people used to them the swings at higher limits can be very stressful.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:44 PM

i've dropped 35k in a day before. i still can't really handle 10k swings, though. that shiz hurts.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the definition of a pro in all fields you moron. And for all intents and purposes, I meant those who have poker as their only source of income as well. If you're talking about grinding NL50 8 hours/day then you're probably right, that sucks. But the way most MSNL+ pros live is way preferable to an office job as far as work load goes. Period

[/ QUOTE ]

Imo being a poker pro, i.e., playing only poker with no future plans till poker dies can get very stressful especially when you are not getting the results you thought you would. Working 8 hours a day in a normal job is very tiring no doubt about that, but you don't have to worry about swings and stuff and you'll win the same money every day whether you are working at 50% or 100%. Basically you know what you can expect and you can plan your life a bit better.

According to your definition iam a poker pro and i don't consider myself one, beause if i go busto my life doesn't change a lot (apart from not being able to buy some stuff). Whereas a pro would have a least to find a new job.

Anyway i don't think that there are many people that can do it sucessfully and the big majority are mistaken about how hard it can become if you have a really huge downsing.

oh and next time control yourself a bit, calling other people morons just because they don't agree with you it's a bit, hmmm, childish?...
Old 06-04-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Imo being a poker pro, i.e., playing only poker with no future plans till poker dies can get very stressful ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody get out your tin foil hats!
Old 06-04-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: MSNL [censored] JUNE THREAD

I heard a rumor that if you dont have rake back on full tilt, you can ask them to close your current account and then just make a new one.

Is this true?