Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Ask the Lounge About Men

[ QUOTE ]
Katy,

Stuey is a funny, crazy guy, and I like him, but Blarg is the one with the words of wisdom here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I like Stuey, but he is the exception rather than the rule here.

Katy, they are right. Take if from Fish who would never lie. Even Anacardo has the right idea here.

My wife doesn't go through a lot of purses but still goes through more than I can understand. To me it is just a thing to hold stuff and my only real concern about a purse is that it is big enough to carry the checkbook and occasionally something that I would need carried and do not have room in my pockets for. You know something like a spark plug that I need to find a replacement for or something like that.

Really a backpack like I carry to hunt with would be the same for me, probably better and certainly more functional.

I must admit, though, I secretly laugh inside when she currently has a purse so big that she has to empty the whole thing out just to find the one thing she needs right at that moment. Usually this is her keys. You know they are in there because she can shake that bag and you can hear them! It is always interesting what may appear out of a purse at any given moment.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:21 AM

Wow Stuey, you were freaking busy last night! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] lol, you are good at this! (I happen to know how long it takes to search all those handbags on the internet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] It's fun isn't it?)

I really like the first one you posted (the pretty blue bag) and Mrs. Utah's bag. They're like art! Also kind of like gories, too. You have a cool sense of humor.

Handbags are fashion statements. It's like walking around town wearing a work of art. I always like it when someone compliments my purse. Especially if I had that pretty blue bag. That bag is begging for a compliment.

OMG, fluff's and entertainme's - what the hell? LOL.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
secretly laugh inside when she currently has a purse so big that she has to empty the whole thing out just to find the one thing she needs right at that moment. Usually this is her keys. You know they are in there because she can shake that bag and you can hear them! It is always interesting what may appear out of a purse at any given moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell your wife the secret to managing a big purse is compartmentalizing. I like different colored makeup bags for this.

My categories are:

stationery: pens, pencils, envelopes, stamps

medical: tissues, aspirin, vitamins, cold medicine, etc

"personal" I guess: makeup, perfume, feminine items

Franklin Planner (holds EVERYTHING: phone numbers, addresses, day runner, ccs and cc receipts, discount cards, health insurance info, checkbook, personal bills and business paperwork, etc)

"portable": This is the bag that I pull out and put into another purse if I want to carry a different purse that day. It has lipstick, comb, debit card, keys, cel phone, cash. It's actually a tiny purse with a detachable shoulder strap, so I can also just grab it and use it as a purse too if I don't want to be weighted down.

Lest I sound too ruthlessly organized, I should point out I still manage to lose my keys on a regular basis. I can always find them in my purse, but not so much whatever random place I dropped them. Also, this system only works when I bother to put my phone back in the correct bag. I don't always do that after I get done talking. Basically my life consists of trying to strategically manage my flaky tendencies.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2007, 08:45 AM

Yes, I really like Mrs. Utah's, the blue, FFK's. Also octopi's, but I wouldn't carry it myself. But on the right girl it would be stunning. I like 'mine' too...but I'd lose the white curliecue thing. It's too much.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:46 AM

VR

Your post about bag organisation is the thread equivalent of watching a really good wildlife show. Fascinating details.

Women seem to need to carry around a lot more than men.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Tell your wife the secret to managing a big purse is compartmentalizing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right! I like my head exactly where it is. Firmly seated on my neck.

[ QUOTE ]
I like different colored makeup bags for this.

My categories are:

stationery: pens, pencils, envelopes, stamps

medical: tissues, aspirin, vitamins, cold medicine, etc

"personal" I guess: makeup, perfume, feminine items

Franklin Planner (holds EVERYTHING: phone numbers, addresses, day runner, ccs and cc receipts, discount cards, health insurance info, checkbook, personal bills and business paperwork, etc)

"portable": This is the bag that I pull out and put into another purse if I want to carry a different purse that day. It has lipstick, comb, debit card, keys, cel phone, cash. It's actually a tiny purse with a detachable shoulder strap, so I can also just grab it and use it as a purse too if I don't want to be weighted down.

Lest I sound too ruthlessly organized, I should point out I still manage to lose my keys on a regular basis. I can always find them in my purse, but not so much whatever random place I dropped them. Also, this system only works when I bother to put my phone back in the correct bag. I don't always do that after I get done talking. Basically my life consists of trying to strategically manage my flaky tendencies.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is far too complicated. My head is spinning! This is more stuff than I carry in my hunting pack and I carry water and enough stuff to get me through a night if I am stranded for some reason and have to spend the night outside! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...it is big enough to carry the checkbook and occasionally something that I would need carried and do not have room in my pockets for. You know something like a spark plug that I need to find a replacement for or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG, fluff's and entertainme's - what the hell? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

He got the suitcase dimensions right, but you'd never catch me with that green. Classic black for every accessory for the simple life.

So, does Stuey think I can pull that off with fashion or that I'm the one with the matronly klunky ugly thing? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

J/K Stuey. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

FWIW I am definitely a function over fashion gal.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...it is big enough to carry the checkbook and occasionally something that I would need carried and do not have room in my pockets for. You know something like a spark plug that I need to find a replacement for or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've called men on this one before. Complain about the size of my bag then ask me to carry your crap around. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2007, 11:26 AM

Um, I don't carry a purse. Never have, never will. I think I'm a lot more masculine than you guys seem to believe.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]