Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

[ QUOTE ]
Eurobet (Ongame) update:

1) No Click2Pay
2) Moneybookers is questionable. Their CS, has told me that it's not an option for Canadians. Likely they don't know what they are talking about (similar to the UB-Moneybookers thread). Unfortunately their accounts department is on Easter break so no one there knows for sure.

I've pulled my funds out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the update...I'll adjust the list. This is probably why they're pushing Ecocard in an email I got from them.

I pulled my money out of some of the Cryptos for the same reason...don't play at them regularly right now, no eWallet available for me, I'm pulling out. Decided to suck it up at Paradise and keep my money there even though there's no eWallet, since I'm playing there regularly...I'll either wait until they move to Boss and see if that brings some options, or cash out by cheque.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:37 PM

Hollywood shuts out NT like party did

"
Important Advisory for Canadian Players

Unfortunately, Canadian customers are no longer able to use Neteller or InstaCash as a deposit or payment option. InstaCash has been suspended on all Canadian accounts as of March 26th, 2007. Neteller users will be blocked from dealings with Gaming sites on April 8th, 2007 at 11:59:59pm EST. You will have until this date to withdraw your account balances."
Old 04-06-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hollywood shuts out NT like party did

"
Important Advisory for Canadian Players

Unfortunately, Canadian customers are no longer able to use Neteller or InstaCash as a deposit or payment option. InstaCash has been suspended on all Canadian accounts as of March 26th, 2007. Neteller users will be blocked from dealings with Gaming sites on April 8th, 2007 at 11:59:59pm EST. You will have until this date to withdraw your account balances."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused...from what you've quoted, they haven't shut us out early. They're quoting the exact same days that NT announced...am I missing something?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:31 PM

Correction to OnGame, added some more small rooms and another eWallet:

Moneybookers - AP, b2b, Boss (some), Cake, Crypto (Betsafe), Dobrosoft (Wingows), Everest, iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame (NOT Hollywood), Party, Poker4Ever, UB, WSEX
Click2Pay - AP, Boss (some), Betfair, Crypto (Sun & IP only), Everest, FT, iPoker, Microgaming (some), OnGame (NOT Europoker), Poker.com, TruePoker, UB
ePassporte - AP, Bugsy's Club, Cake, Dobrosoft (Wingows), GamesGrid, FT, Poker4Ever, Stars, UB
EcoCard - Dobrosoft (FCP, Wingows), iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming (some), OnGame (Eurobet), Poker4Ever
ATMOnline - Dobrosoft (Poker World), UB
ewalletxpress - Bugsy's Club, Dobrosoft (FCP)
No eWallet - Crypto (Will Hill, Totalbet, UK Betting, Poker Plex), Ladbrokes, Pacific, Paradise, Poker Champs

Networks checked so far: AP, b2b, Betfair, Boss, Bugsy's Club, Cake, Crypto, Dobrosoft, Everest, FT, GamesGrid, iPoker, Ladbrokes, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame, Pacific, Paradise, Party, Poker.com, Poker Champs, Poker4Ever, Stars, TruePoker, UB, WSEX.

<u>Moneybookers</u>

Currency Available: US $, Can $, others
Funding Options: Bank Transfer (Free), CC (1.9% fee)
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($4.67 fee), International Bank Transfer ($2.40 fee) - your bank must have its OWN SWIFT code. If your Bank/Credit Union uses a "correspondent bank", this will NOT work.
Depositing on Sites: No fees
Cashouts from Sites: No fees
Transaction Limits: 1,000 Euro for Outgoing Transactions, no limit for Incoming. Can be increased to as high as 14,000 Euro with verification steps.

<u>Click2Pay</u>

Currency Available: Can $ only
Funding Options: Bank Wire (NOT transfer), CC (3% fee) - you don't actually fund the account with your CC prior to making a deposit at a poker site. If you have no funds in your account when you make a deposit at a poker site, they then take it from your CC.
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($2 fee), C2P Card ($10 fee to get card, $5 monthly dormant fee after 6 months, no other C2P fees)
Depositing on Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Cashouts from Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Transaction Limits: NO limits on C2P-site-C2P transfers. $500/wk limit on loading from CC, will be increased after you spend a certain amount of money over a certain period of time...not specified how much or how long. Next level is $1,000 per week. There are a total of 4 levels after your initial one.

<u>ePassporte</u>

Currency Available: US $ only
Funding Options: CC only ($5 fee per $100 loaded)
Withdrawal Options: Wire Transfer ($50 fee), ATM ($2 fee, requires a $35 purchase of a Visa Card, $35 annual fee)
Depositing on Sites:
Cashouts from Sites:
Transaction Limits: $500 max daily total loads ($1000 for select); 5 max daily loads; 10 max daily transactions; $300 max daily total withdrawals ($600 for select); 5 max daily ATM transactions; 10 max Visa transactions. Select status requirements on web site, $5 fee
Old 04-06-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in your summary for MB you mentioned this:
[ QUOTE ]
your bank must have its OWN SWIFT code. If your Bank/Credit Union uses a "correspondent bank", this will NOT work.

[/ QUOTE ]
can you elaborate a bit? my main bank is PC Financial, and they are a sub-bank of CIBC. i emailed PC and they told me the SWIFT code, which was the same as CIBC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh...I'm not too sure. I guess the question to ask is this - if another bank is given nothing but the SWIFT code and your bank account &amp; transit numbers, will the money find its way to you? If the answer is yes, you're likely good. My Credit Union uses one of the major banks, so they had a whole bunch of convoluted steps that needed to be taken...that obviously was not going to work. If I had given MB just the SWIFT code and my account number, the money would be stuck in a bank in Toronto, and they'd have no idea what to do with it.

My first answer to your question would be no, since PC is using CIBC's SWIFT code. However, being a "sub-bank" of CIBC, as you said, may change things. Does PC have its own institution code (this is the 3-digit code that usually goes hand-in-hand with the transit #), or do they use CIBC's? I'm guessing using the same code would be good, a different code will likely cause a problem. I'd try finding out more from MB and PC, explaining everything in detail so there is no misunderstanding. I'm no expert on these matters, I'm just going off of MB's website, and whatever other knowledge I've gleaned here and there. Best to double-check these things, even though that's likely to be a PITA.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:26 PM

Moneybookers has been a real headache for me so far. I haven't had one question answered using their messaging centre since 5 days ago. This wiring s**t for deposit and withdrawals is killing me in fees and aggravation getting all the swift codes, transit numbers, blah, blah. Even after getting the information, I'm not sure that the wires are going to work or not.

Just did $10 test deposit using them to a site. Instant. Did second deposit of hundreds and it doesn't show up on my merchant's account. F***ing pissed off at Moneybookers right now. Now I have to use their messaging centre which they never seem answer ever, to find out what's wrong.

I've already used up some of my 90 day transaction limit (~10K U.S.) with that deposit that didn't go through. Moneybookers customer service is the absolute worst. If they don't answer anything through their only communication channel (Messaging Centre), I am writing them off as impossible to use.

Moneybookers customer service is absolute hell. Where the f*** did my deposit money go? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moneybookers has been a real headache for me so far. I haven't had one question answered using their messaging centre since 5 days ago. This wiring s**t for deposit and withdrawals is killing me in fees and aggravation getting all the swift codes, transit numbers, blah, blah. Even after getting the information, I'm not sure that the wires are going to work or not.

Just did $10 test deposit using them to a site. Instant. Did second deposit of hundreds and it doesn't show up on my merchant's account. F***ing pissed off at Moneybookers right now. Now I have to use their messaging centre which they never seem answer ever, to find out what's wrong.

I've already used up some of my 90 day transaction limit (~10K U.S.) with that deposit that didn't go through. Moneybookers customer service is the absolute worst. If they don't answer anything through their only communication channel (Messaging Centre), I am writing them off as impossible to use.

Moneybookers customer service is absolute hell. Where the f*** did my deposit money go? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two suggestions for you. If the money has already "left" your account, my expereince with Party and UB was that it had to be resolved on THEIR end. I would suggest you contact the poker site in question...hopefully it's one of the few that actually has decent CS.

Secondly, you might have to suck it up and actually phone MB, painful though that may be. Of course, that won't do you any good now, since they're only open Euro business hours, and I'm not sure about weeekends. I'd definitely go to the poker site first. What site is it?

I won't disagree with you about MB's CS. C2P was looking good in that regards, until their toll-free number stopped working. Quite disappointing CS at the eWallets...sadly, something that is more and more common in this industry.

Edit to add: Is there not a better way for you to make your initial deposit? IE if you're trying to get a significant amount of money into your bankroll, would you be better off depositing onto one of the big sites via EFT or Debit Card, then start moving money on and off sites with your eWallet? For whatever reason, C2P and MB's biggest weakness seems to be funding the eWallet from our bank accounts. It strikes me that the poker sites want to make it as easy as possible to get money on to their sites, so they have more options available. The only downside of course, is at most sites, this will require some "cover play". Just a thought.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:42 PM

Correction to Betsafe and Ladbrokes, as per a European player who actually plays at both sites. Apparently Betsafe does NOT take MB, and Ladbrokes DOES, both in contradiction to their websites. Either their sites are out of date (quite likely), or the rules are different for Canadians. If any Canadians who play at these sites know otherwise, please let me know.

Moneybookers - AP, b2b, Boss (some), Cake, Dobrosoft (Wingows), Everest, iPoker, Ladbrokes, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame (NOT Hollywood), Party, Poker4Ever, UB, WSEX
Click2Pay - AP, Boss (some), Betfair, Crypto (Sun &amp; IP only), Everest, FT, iPoker, Microgaming (some), OnGame (NOT Europoker), Poker.com, TruePoker, UB
ePassporte - AP, Bugsy's Club, Cake, Dobrosoft (Wingows), GamesGrid, FT, Poker4Ever, Stars, UB
EcoCard - Dobrosoft (FCP, Wingows), iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming (some), OnGame (Eurobet), Poker4Ever
ATMOnline - Dobrosoft (Poker World), UB
ewalletxpress - Bugsy's Club, Dobrosoft (FCP)
No eWallet - Crypto (Betsafe, Poker Plex, Totalbet, UK Betting, Will Hill), Pacific, Paradise, Poker Champs

Networks checked so far: AP, b2b, Betfair, Boss, Bugsy's Club, Cake, Crypto, Dobrosoft, Everest, FT, GamesGrid, iPoker, Ladbrokes, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame, Pacific, Paradise, Party, Poker.com, Poker Champs, Poker4Ever, Stars, TruePoker, UB, WSEX.

<u>Moneybookers</u>

Currency Available: US $, Can $, others
Funding Options: Bank Transfer (Free), CC (1.9% fee)
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($4.67 fee), International Bank Transfer ($2.40 fee) - your bank must have its OWN SWIFT code. If your Bank/Credit Union uses a "correspondent bank", this will NOT work.
Depositing on Sites: No fees
Cashouts from Sites: No fees
Transaction Limits: 1,000 Euro for Outgoing Transactions, no limit for Incoming. Can be increased to as high as 14,000 Euro with verification steps.

<u>Click2Pay</u>

Currency Available: Can $ only
Funding Options: Bank Wire (NOT transfer), CC (3% fee) - you don't actually fund the account with your CC prior to making a deposit at a poker site. If you have no funds in your account when you make a deposit at a poker site, they then take it from your CC.
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($2 fee), C2P Card ($10 fee to get card, $5 monthly dormant fee after 6 months, no other C2P fees)
Depositing on Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Cashouts from Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Transaction Limits: NO limits on C2P-site-C2P transfers. $500/wk limit on loading from CC, will be increased after you spend a certain amount of money over a certain period of time...not specified how much or how long. Next level is $1,000 per week. There are a total of 4 levels after your initial one.

<u>ePassporte</u>

Currency Available: US $ only
Funding Options: CC only ($5 fee per $100 loaded)
Withdrawal Options: Wire Transfer ($50 fee), ATM ($2 fee, requires a $35 purchase of a Visa Card, $35 annual fee)
Depositing on Sites:
Cashouts from Sites:
Transaction Limits: $500 max daily total loads ($1000 for select); 5 max daily loads; 10 max daily transactions; $300 max daily total withdrawals ($600 for select); 5 max daily ATM transactions; 10 max Visa transactions. Select status requirements on web site, $5 fee
Old 04-06-2007, 04:48 PM

The money's already out of my Moneybookers account. Did this happen to you Bobo? How long did it take to resolve and how did you do it? Did it take days or something?
Old 04-06-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The money's already out of my Moneybookers account. Did this happen to you Bobo? How long did it take to resolve and how did you do it? Did it take days or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what happened to me...they were two $10 "test deposits" to establish a second funding method.

How long did it take to resolve? You don't want to know. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

It took a few days with UB, and it took about 10 days with Party. Of course these two sites have notoriously bad CS, and since it was only $10 "test" deposits, I wasn't really worried about it, and never bothered phoning either of them. Which site is it?

Also, I just added a little suggestion to my last post in case you didn't see it...not sure if that would work for you.
Closed Thread