Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Official Poker Site/Network Tracking thread

Raw data sourced from PokerSiteScout , with permission.

Daily data represents the 24 hour peak Active Real Money Ring Game seats, at each site/network.
Sept Peak represents the max peak at each site across the entire month of September.
1wk Change: Day of Week difference from last week (ie Sat vs Sat last week) for last listed day
8wk Change: Day of week difference compared to the week before the legislation was signed (10/13)
Color Coding: <font color="green">Green</font>(+) and <font color="red">Red</font>(-) represents increase or decrease from previous day
<font color="grey">Grey</font> = Data not available, last weeks data used
7 day avg: Avg of last 7 day's peaks. Sites sorted by 7 day avg. <font color="blue">Blue</font> = 7 Day Avg &gt; Sept Peak.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:48 AM

Daily data represents the 24 hour peak Active Real Money Ring Game seats, at each site/network.
Sept Peak represents the max peak at each site across the entire month of September.
1wk Change: Day of Week difference from last week (ie Sat vs Sat last week) for last listed day
8wk Change: Day of week difference compared to the week before the legislation was signed (10/13)
Color Coding: <font color="green">Green</font>(+) and <font color="red">Red</font>(-) represents increase or decrease from previous day
7 day avg: Avg of last 7 day's peaks. Sites sorted by 7 day avg. <font color="blue">Blue</font> = 7 Day Avg &gt; Sept Peak.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:42 PM

Hmmmm...on 27 Nov., over 7100 at FTP. On 28 Nov., the infamous "FTP stole my money" thread is started. Every day since the 27th, the number of players at FTP has declined so that by this past Saturday it is less than 5700. Coincidence?

Even if it is a coincidence, I bet the management at FTP has noticed the trend and may be wondering about it.

FWIW, although I tend to think that FTP was probably correct in adjudging fraud in that case, I also thing FTP has handled the public relations aspect of that case abysmally...and now it may be adversely affecting its player population.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm...on 27 Nov., over 7100 at FTP. On 28 Nov., the infamous "FTP stole my money" thread is started. Every day since the 27th, the number of players at FTP has declined so that by this past Saturday it is less than 5700. Coincidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard weekly cycle...
Old 12-04-2006, 11:23 PM

Sniper,

How far back do they have data from? I am curious what kind of growthrate the industry at large saw the past few years.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper,

How far back do they have data from? I am curious what kind of growthrate the industry at large saw the past few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scout started pulling data this year, so as far as Real money ring game seats each day thats the best we have.

There were some graphs (at another site) of total players based on site reported numbers (in their lobby) that go back farther, but since those were all logins, and heavily weighted with free chip and freeroll players, they really are of lesser value.

The best historical data is from the quarterly financial releases from the publically traded companies, and other industry reports compiled from that info, but that mainly focuses on revenue growth.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:32 PM

Thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 04:04 PM

Old 12-06-2006, 04:56 AM

Ok, I haven't followed this in detail...but I was under the impression that 70-80% of Ongame's traffic came from the US. Why aren't they basically gone like Paradise? Anyone?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:45 AM

Thanks again Sniper, great worksheets you put together.

Also thanks to Pokersitescout, you do a great job with the site.