Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

In the Layout Manager for the HUD make one seat the main seat and then have a "copy to all seats" function.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:38 AM

the database better ATLEAST be in 3rd normal form
Old 08-20-2007, 01:39 AM

also in hud toggling between overall stats and seat specific stats, like switching between btn stats and average stats with one mouse click would be insanely hawt.

I'd pay top dollar for that.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you will be able to view your old data in PT3

-AP10

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the key point that I didn't understand from your previous posts.

That resolves my concern.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

What about if PT3 could import all your existing hands overnight while you sleep?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it would do this by extracting them from the existing PT2 hhdb's this would be super!

Doing it from histories exported from PT2 would be acceptable, although I'm not sure how fast PT2 can do the exports, as I've never exported a large number of hands. Doing it from archived copies of the original HH files creates possible problems in reconciling any missing/error hands in the originals that were not resolved and saved with the originals.

One potential problem with importing previous HH's is dealing with the numerous changes the sites have made to the format over time.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the Layout Manager for the HUD make one seat the main seat and then have a "copy to all seats" function.

[/ QUOTE ]

This already exists in PokerAce Hud. It's the "Duplicate Player Seat" feature.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you will be able to view your old data in PT3

-AP10

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the key point that I didn't understand from your previous posts.

That resolves my concern.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

What about if PT3 could import all your existing hands overnight while you sleep?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it would do this by extracting them from the existing PT2 hhdb's this would be super!

Doing it from histories exported from PT2 would be acceptable, although I'm not sure how fast PT2 can do the exports, as I've never exported a large number of hands. Doing it from archived copies of the original HH files creates possible problems in reconciling any missing/error hands in the originals that were not resolved and saved with the originals.

[/ QUOTE ]

The plan is to have the conversion between PT2 and PT3 be as painless and simple as possible. Basically, you launch PT3 for the first time, it searches for PT2 databases, asks you if you want to convert them, then goes to town. You let it run for a few hours (if you have large databases), then come back to a complete PT3 database.

The only downfall is if you have observed hands without the hand histories, these won't be accessible to PT3. PT2 simply does not store enough information to reproduce the data PT3 will need.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:18 PM

Another status update. PT3 now has the ability to filter just as much as the newer competition. If you want to see hands where you flopped bottom set, you can. If you want to see hands where you flopped a flush draw but missed it, you can. The filter system is extremely powerful and eventually will have the ability to allow you to create custom filters.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only downfall is if you have observed hands without the hand histories, these won't be accessible to PT3.

[/ QUOTE ]
When you say "pt3" does this mean "new pt + new pa" or just "new pt"? Because if it's the latter all I care about w/pt2-era observeds dbs (w/no hh) is that new pa can still aggregate stats from them for online play. Or at least that I can run a pt2-era pa alongside new pa while online.

Obviously once I switch to pt3 I'll be starting new observeds dbs and let the old ones go stale but in the time it takes to gather new pt3-style data I don't want existing multi-million-hand observeds dbs (that have no hh) obsoleted the instant I start using pt3.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:34 PM

It's not clear yet what's going to happen with PA Hud regarding reading from both PT2 and PT3 databases at once.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:45 PM

Not sure if this is the best palce for the question, but I am just getting ready to purchase a copy of poker tracking software and have been reviewing the various threads on the matter for a while.

My main question is if I buy the latest version of PokerTracker this week, will I get an automatic upgrade?

As you can imagine, I don't have a strong desire to pay today and then again in a couple of months.

If there is a better place to post this question, please point me in that direction.

Thanks