Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]

I'm talking to people who are trying to connect Absolute Poker cheating to 9/11 terrorist attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

and are you including me in that group or do you see what i was doing there?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
doubt 'we' win

if absolute confesses to some of this stuff, I'm going to wonder about how much more they were doing that they don't want us to find

[/ QUOTE ]

kgckgckgckgckgckgc
kgckgckgckgckgckgc
Old 10-19-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27) *DELETED*

Post deleted by Chino Brown
Old 10-19-2007, 02:12 AM

I think that everybody who is watching/investigating this thing needs to remain vigilant in the days ahead. As cynical as it may sound it is possible in my opinion that the guilty parties are still running the show at Absolute and if that were the case, the forthcoming "confession" would just be an attempt to minimize the situation and apply damage control in the only way still possible at this point.

To my view, if the following conditions are not met following whatever statement Absolute releases, it will be cause for concern:

1.) RELEASE OF INTERNAL SECURITY DOCUMENTATION. Obviously the statement and summation that is coming will be the result of Absolute's own internal audit. They need to be FORTHCOMING with the methodology of this audit and release as much information as they think is relevant, and THEN RELEASE even more information, for good measure. IMO somebody from AP needs to (perhaps via AIM or over the phone) exhaustively walk somebody like Adanthar or Nat or another highly-regarded person through the steps by which they have finally come to identify the nature and extent of the "compromise" they now acknowledge happened.

2.) THE INDEPENDENT AUDIT STILL NEEDS TO BE CARRIED OUT. This is pretty self-evident. Granted there might be a conceivable wording for the coming statement (short of Absolute announcing its exit from the online poker industry) whereby the necessity for an independent audit would seem in question (actually it is almost hard to think of an announcement, no matter how revelatory, that could make those of us who have closely followed this thing regain our trust in this company instantly and without reservation; such is the damage to Absolute's reputation), but in any case the audit must be carried out and Absolute must be forthcoming with documentation and access to their infrastructure, or continued skepticism will be both warranted and certain. I CANNOT STRESS THIS POINT ENOUGH; If the independent audit is averted by the release of a statement that is vague or incomplete in any way, this is not satisfactory and it will be our responsibility in the event that happens to return to the fold and dredge this thing up again.

All that said, I sincerely hope that this issue IS resolved and that the statement is one we can all read and see to be the work of a company headed by honest and legitimate managers who are earnestly striving to have the truth (finally) come to light. This is really a painful moment for all us poker players. The novelty of the revelations are wearing off and one is left with just the anger at the injustice that has occurred. Hopefully these wrongs can be righted; who knows, AbsolutePoker might even be around to see it.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
9/11 all over again

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is that supposed to mean???

[/ QUOTE ]

the 9/11 crowd ran it twice. 1 for 2.
It was an "inside job".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't follow what you mean??

[/ QUOTE ]

american government was in on the 911 travesty. let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Take it to Politics, or I'll be forced to LOLcat you like Nielsio got LOLcatted. It was funny once. Actually, wait, no it wasn't.

Back to srs biznass: well done to all involved here from a micro-minbet grinder who's glad he took his $750 signup bonus from AP and proceeded to GTFO. Now I just have to clear what's left on UB before bugging out in a similar fashion . . .

(I've also posted about it, but we don't have Digg or anything fancy like that. Now I gotta update it with the good news . . .)
Old 10-19-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm talking to people who are trying to connect Absolute Poker cheating to 9/11 terrorist attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY MY POINT!!

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, no it wasn't. so just stop.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:16 AM

adanthar/gild plz just start banning these idiots with the 9/11 comments
Old 10-19-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27) *DELETED*

Post deleted by Chino Brown
Old 10-19-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
absolute was an inside job . . . it's an analogy . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes for gods sake!! Everyone gets it!! But you have to admit that using a situation in which thousands of people died and many more suffer from serious health problems is hardly analagous to a few people getting cheated out of money in a poker game.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored], it's a retarded analogy. i didn't make it. you said you didn't get it. i explained it. stop.

/my feeding of the trolls.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:21 AM

God damn there are a lot of dumb posts in this thread.

Stop comparing this to 9/11. Stop telling people to STFU for comparing it to 9/11. Stop asking why this was compared to 9/11. Stop explaining why posters compared this to 9/11. Stop telling people to stop dragging out that discussion, and stop explaining to people why you're dragging it out.

In fact, stop posting unless you have something substanative, useful, or at the least, intelligent to say. There's a reason I barely post in these threads, and it's not because I don't care.
Closed Thread