Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

they said it wasn't a shooting or stabbing, so whats left? like everyone is saying it would take a sick human to sit there and look your 7 year old kid in the eyes as you're strangling him

[ QUOTE ]
Where are you getting these updates?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrestling message board a1wrestling.com.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess nothing really is *fact* just yet, but the reports are claiming that each died on different days. Nancy first, then Daniel, then Chris from Saturday through Monday. Based on my viewings of "CSI" I could assume that they could get a TOD based on liver temperature of the bodies at the scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out this quote from the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

"The details, when they come out," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard, "are going to prove a little bizarre."

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...625benoit.html

And the Steven Nash analogy, btw, is dead-on. OTB, although having an excellent avatar, ought to go someplace where he is more knowledgable.

Les

[ QUOTE ]
I guess nothing really is *fact* just yet, but the reports are claiming that each died on different days. Nancy first, then Daniel, then Chris from Saturday through Monday. Based on my viewings of "CSI" I could assume that they could get a TOD based on liver temperature of the bodies at the scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any mention of GSR yet?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:29 AM

i find it amazing/sickeningly amusing in hindsight that the WWE spent 3 hours paying heartfelt tribute through tears to a murderer
Old 06-26-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get how people are so affected by a celebrity's death. It's completely baffling to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
While I mostly agree with this sentiment, there's something about wrestling that makes it different. The performers bond with the audience to a degree that is beyond any other form of entertainment. While they're playing characters, you really get to know that person to a degree every week. And this guy in particular was one of the hardest working, most technically proficient performers that I've seen. It's pretty tragic. In a way I don't really even want to know what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Celeb deaths that made me really sad.

Phil Hartman.

This.

That's about it. I'm usually as callous as anybody, but this one hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it turns out he off'd his wife/kid, does it still hurt?

[/ QUOTE ]

it does, in many different ways. For me, it's hard hearing this when all I had ever heard about him in the past was how he always made his family a priority in his life. Hearing that this is the possible outcome, it also makes me not want to know the pain he may have been going through to do such an act
Old 06-26-2007, 01:35 AM

Here is something very weird, from the discussion of his wiki page:

"If you look through the history of Beniot's page, you can see an edit over 18 hours before his death was announced saying he missed Sunday night's event because of the rumored death of his wife. I have not read any legit sources that suggest anyone knew about his wife's death prior to his, but that edit looks somewhat cryptic now. How could an editor have known that his wife was dead 18 hours before the story broke that his family was dead? Wesleymullins 04:37, 26 June 2007 (UTC)

Yeah that is kind of really odd... Shows as the 10:01 edit for me, but ehh, still was before the 2:30 discovery of the bodies. Very weird. Also to view it click here -- Shatterzer0 04:52, 26 June 2007 (UTC)

That's 4:01 GMT. I think that would be 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time. Or 14 and a half hours before the bodies were reported discovered. Rklawton 05:09, 26 June 2007 (UTC)

Just to add to this craziness, I looked up the IP and it comes from Stamford, Connecticut; which happens to be where WWE headquarters is located. I thought this was too weird not to mention. Trvr3307 05:33, 26 June 2007 (UTC)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Chris_Benoit
Old 06-26-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is something very weird, from the discussion of his wiki page:

"If you look through the history of Beniot's page, you can see an edit over 18 hours before his death was announced saying he missed Sunday night's event because of the rumored death of his wife. I have not read any legit sources that suggest anyone knew about his wife's death prior to his, but that edit looks somewhat cryptic now. How could an editor have known that his wife was dead 18 hours before the story broke that his family was dead? Wesleymullins 04:37, 26 June 2007 (UTC)

Yeah that is kind of really odd... Shows as the 10:01 edit for me, but ehh, still was before the 2:30 discovery of the bodies. Very weird. Also to view it click here -- Shatterzer0 04:52, 26 June 2007 (UTC)

That's 4:01 GMT. I think that would be 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time. Or 14 and a half hours before the bodies were reported discovered. Rklawton 05:09, 26 June 2007 (UTC)

Just to add to this craziness, I looked up the IP and it comes from Stamford, Connecticut; which happens to be where WWE headquarters is located. I thought this was too weird not to mention. Trvr3307 05:33, 26 June 2007 (UTC)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Chris_Benoit

[/ QUOTE ]

the wwe knew about the deaths last night, there is nothing weird about any of this
Old 06-26-2007, 01:37 AM

by Dave Meltzer

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the lving room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, accordig t an unnamed source in the department.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

--latest update from Meltzer. don't think it's been posted.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:37 AM

Huh? Who says the WWE knew at that point?