Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: SHEEP Playoffs - Week 4 of 5 (Friday Reveal)

Terp, if you lost my answers every week for a year I would still have nothing but [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for you.

Edit: but I probably was to blame anyway.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the chinese symbol is the exact same for both names, I definitely see Alex's point. But I also respect the fact that Terp really tries his best to decide on this and that he does a whole lot of work to make this little league run. He isn't out to screw anyone (his wife wouldn't appreciate it!), and he deserves credit for making some tough decisions this year. I liked his analogy of a strike zone... the decision won't always be right, but in the long run it evens out. I lost points in the potato dispute, I probably gained some points on the Lohan crisis... and I gained some distance between a competitor due to this incident. Who knows what next week will bring.

It sounds like if you need clarification you should PM. Safest way to go, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it sounds like you should PM every possible thing you could think of even if you don't actually need a clarification. I didn't need a clarification because I knew they were the same name. If I know a fact, why would I need a clarification? The trick is to guess when Terp might make a rulingn that disagrees with reality and ask him, and I can probably think of a couple of those for every question. :-\
Old 09-14-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, what's the amount of time you guys spend on submitting sheep answers? I bet the cumulative amount you've spent on the entire season is less than what terp does for one week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Respecting that and thus not PMing stupid questions is what caused this problem in the first place.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:35 PM

pming stupid questions >>>> complaining after the game

As a mod I appreciate questions. It shows that people care and are involved. I do not appreciate senseless whining, which shows a lack of respect imo.

edit-- I'm not trying to pick on you specifically or anything. I just think it's really lame that this discussion is still going on
Old 09-14-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Jacob was one that PMed me during the week and asked if I would be combining those two. I told him no, because I was thinking in English terms... If I had told him "yes", I'm pretty sure he goes with Lee/Li instead of Chan, and he beats you for third anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

for what it's worth, this is completely correct.

i had a feeling this might be a hot-button issue, i think is the only clarification i have asked about all season via pm. i almost went with lee anyway but grossly passed..
Old 09-14-2007, 06:14 PM

Anyone thinking that UMTerp isn't doing a great job at running this game as fairly as he can, <insert insult here>.

FWIW, I answered Nguyen specifically because I couldn't choose between Li and Lee, and I was pretty sure that they would be scored seperately. Surely Leigh wouldn't be lumped in with those as well.

As an aside, it looks like I will have to kidnap Patton and JCool next week. Anyone want to go in with me on that?
Old 09-14-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As an aside, it looks like I will have to kidnap Patton and JCool next week. Anyone want to go in with me on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get firsties.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone thinking that UMTerp isn't doing a great job at running this game as fairly as he can, <insert insult here>.

FWIW, I answered Nguyen specifically because I couldn't choose between Li and Lee, and I was pretty sure that they would be scored seperately. Surely Leigh wouldn't be lumped in with those as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your only concern should be staying ahead of Alex Jacob [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2007, 06:40 PM

freerollllllllll
Old 09-14-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
freerollllllllll

[/ QUOTE ]
Truth [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Should have known that theSmell stinks for obvious reasons [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]