Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Post if your wife is pregnant

Updated cast, in order of expected appearance
(bold=new/updated):

<font color="purple">03/03/07 - Daniel Magix (#2, girl)
03/05/07 - vetman81 (#1, boy)
03/07/07 - WilliamLowe (#1, unknown) </font>
03/15/07 - Jbrochu (#1, unknown)
03/29/07 - Stu Pidasso(#7, boy)
03/30/07 - CrazyEyez (#2, unknown)
04/05/07 - DesertCat (#2, girl)
04/06/07 - stan1541 (#1, boy)
04/15/07 - samjjones (#1, boy)
04/16/07 - SpeciesFlora (#1, boy)
04/18/07 - Nottom (#2, boy)
04/19/07 - DING-DONG YO (#1, unknown)
04/27/07 - kevstreet (#1, unknown)
05/13/07 - krazyace5 (#?, unknown)
05/15/07 - KennyBanya (#1 &amp; 2, unknown twins)
05/25/07 - Uncle_Billy (#1, boy)
06/03/07 - Jeff P (#1, girl)
06/17/07 - Mermade (#2, boy)
07/07/07 - carpmentor (#2, unknown)
08/02/07 - kurto (#?, unknown)
08/25/07 - phiphika1453 (#2, unknown)

<font color="green"> <u> Welcome to 2+2!</u>
02/02/07 - moldman (#2, boy) 7 lbs 13 oz Edit: typo
01/28/07 - dcasper70 (#1, girl) 7 lbs 15.5 oz
01/23/07 - MuckerFish (#1, girl) 5 lbs 14 oz
01/22/07 - johnwit (#1, girl) 8 lbs 13 oz
01/11/07 - pauliewalnuts (#1, boy) 2 lbs, 9 oz
01/09/07 - Runner Runner (#3 &amp; 4, boys) 6 lbs. 6 oz./4 lbs. 7 oz.
12/22/06 - gharp (#2, boy) 8 lbs. 4 oz.
12/19/06 - JDVegas5 - (#6, boy) size unknown
11/29/06 - Knight Vision (#3, girl) 8 lbs. 8 oz.
11/04/06 - DrewDevil (#1, boy) 7 lbs. 10 oz.
10/27/06 - dlk9s (#1, girl) 6 lbs. 15 oz.
10/10/06 - ChipWrecked (#2, boy) 7 lbs. 12 oz.
09/30/06 - Rduke55 (#1, boy) 8 lbs. 0 oz.
09/23/06 - JoeU (#2, girl) 5 lbs 2 oz</font>

<font color="blue"><u> In Loving Memory</u>
09/02/06 - poincaraux - Allan Frederick Lerner, 7 lbs. 0.9 oz. </font>
Old 02-19-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To those with newborns/fetuses...

...mine is 3.5 months now (see above) and is just getting over her first cold. Mommy gave it to both the baby and me. Enjoy that when it happens!

P.S: Go buy Tylenol Cold Infant Drops now so you don't have to in the middle of the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry hate to the pediatric nurse wet blanket but you really should not give cold meds(even the infant stuff) to babies under 6 months without them being seen by the doctor. This is especially true of babies under 3 months. 12 weeks and under should be seen by the pediatrician, they just do not have the immune system to handle a lot.

It can mask symptoms of a bigger problem.

Most of the cold meds are not terribly effective and can cause irritability in a lot of babies.

Fevers are ok for kids(101 to 104F)-it helps them to burn off an infection if you will. If they are not uncomfortable, feeding ok, peeing , consolable, then you are doing ok.
Don't get too hung up on the numbers on a thermometer. I have seen kids running 104F fevers and smiling and running about and other kids with 101F fever who barely lift their heads. That is the kids I would be worried about.

Also sleep them sitting up buckled into their car seats. Helps with congestion. Use the bulb syringe and saline drops to clear their noses. I know they hate it but it helps.

Just my 2 cents- was a pediatric nurse for 9 years before moving to Labor and Delivery. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2007, 05:22 PM

&lt;/warm fuzzy feeling&gt;
Old 02-19-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

...mine is 3.5 months now (see above) and is just getting over her first cold. Mommy gave it to both the baby and me. Enjoy that when it happens!

P.S: Go buy Tylenol Cold Infant Drops now so you don't have to in the middle of the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry hate to the pediatric nurse wet blanket but you really should not give cold meds(even the infant stuff) to babies under 6 months without them being seen by the doctor. This is especially true of babies under 3 months. 12 weeks and under should be seen by the pediatrician, they just do not have the immune system to handle a lot.

Most of the cold meds are not terribly effective and can cause irritability in a lot of babies.

Fevers are ok for kids(101 to 104F)-it helps them to burn off an infection if you will. If they are not uncomfortable, feeding ok, peeing , consolable, then you are doing ok.
Don't get too hung up on the numbers on a thermometer. I have seen kids running 104F fevers and smiling and running about and other kids with 101F fever who barely lift their heads. That is the kids I would be worried about.

Also sleep them sitting up buckled into their car seats. Helps with congestion. Use the bulb syringe and saline drops to clear their noses. I know they hate it but it helps.

Just my 2 cents- was a pediatric nurse for 9 years before moving to Labor and Delivery. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the lecture.

We saw the doctor, did the propping of the crib/car seat/swing/humidifier routine, all of that.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the lecture.

We saw the doctor, did the propping of the crib/car seat/swing/humidifier routine, all of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I did not mean to insinuate that you had not taken your baby to the doctor.
I was responding to your post script about having the medications on hand which are very tempting to give in the middle of the night before knowing what might be going on with your baby.

Hope you all are feeling better.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:49 PM

My update:

My wife has gestational diabetes, and has had to take insulin shots for the past couple of months. One complication with that is that the baby gets too big. With that in mind, the doctor is going to induce her a week early, next Tuesday!! We are both excited. Jill is very very ready for this to be over with so that she can move, bend over, and tie her own shoes. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hopefully everything will go well and I will have a good update with pics early next week. GL/congrats to everyone else.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the doctor is going to induce her a week early, next Tuesday!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:26 PM

Expectant or new fathers, earn some points! A friend just got his wife, a new mother, an Easy Button.

She apparently bangs the hell out of it when she wants him to get or do something for her. Anyway, I thought it was kind of funny and she really likes it.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:23 PM

My little girl has arrived - and she is beautiful!!

Name: Gianna Renee
Birthdate: 2/22/07
Time: 4:43am
Weight: 8lb1oz
Length: 20"

Cliff Notes:
Wife's water broke at about 3:20am or so. Bad contractions started. Arrived at the hospital at about 4am. Wife was so far along, that an epidural AND any sort of pain medication through an IV, were NOT AN OPTION! She had no choice but to go all natural. It was a short but painful delivery - only 19 actual minutes of pushing, and I saw the baby's head as the doctor was running in putting on his gloves.

Now everyone is happy and healthy, and we just got home today. I've only been home a couple hours, and I can already see that life with a toddler AND an infant will be pretty hectic for a while. But it's a hecticness that I am happy to go through. Good luck to the parents-to-be and the new parents.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Trip report

Congrats Daniel!!

We arrived at the hospital around 7:15 yesterday morning. They nurses put an IV catheter in Jill and started her on a drip of oxytocin. She then started having small contractions which eventually got bigger. Around 11:30 they broke her water, and after that the contractions were really starting to hurt her. At noon she took some IV pain meds which helped some, but at 1:00 she got her epidural and things were smooth sailing after that.

Once the epidural was in it was just a waiting game until she was dilated enough to start pushing. At 6pm she was at 6cm, and then at 7pm she was at 8. She finally got the go to start pushing shortly after 8pm. She had to push for a while, and the baby was starting to have alittle bit of trouble, so at 9pm the doctor told us we had half an hour or she was going to have to get a Csection. He was delivered at 9:15pm, weighing in at 6 pounds, 6 ounces, and 19inches long.

We didnt sleep much last night, and probably wont get a whole lot of sleep tonight, but he's a great little guy. He hasn't fussed or cried much; he's mostly just slept. This is the greatest thing that's ever happened to my wife and me. I love him so much already and he's less than a day old [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Congrats to all new parents and GL to the ones coming up.

PS. Pics to follow.

Edit: Oh yeah, we named him Dylan Thomas.