Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: DONT YOU WISH YOU LIVED IN MD?
Bastard. 27 100.00%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Official September Thread: General Discussion, whining .. etc

[ QUOTE ]
Do you realize how many families are making nowhere close to that?

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, can we drop this line of thinking completely, its retarded
Old 09-27-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think people on this board are vastly overestimating how much money 2mm is.

Do you plan on having a wife and kids at any point? You sure as hell are not supporting a family on 100k/yr even if you don't have any higher aspirations (that are seemingly absurd to some of you).

I wonder what types of backgrounds people on here come from? I don't mean it any negative or condescending way, I just think that if people were more aware of how quickly 2mm is spent that they might be more hesitant in their proclamations of retiring by 30 and sitting on their 2mm 'nest egg.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Snipes I <3 you man but I think you're wrong here. $100k a year is more than enough for anybody who wants to live comfortably. I've grown up sort of poor most of my life so this is more me speaking from experience than anything else. My mom and stepdad probably made $30k a year when I was growing up combined before taxes and had two kids. Like I said we were somewhat poor, but we were never that poor, we just couldn't afford nice stuff, couldn't afford to buy a house. But I had a fine childhood and we were living a fairly normal life. I realize that the value of money has changed from when we were kids but even now I don't see how $100k isn't enough to support a full family. Maybe where you come from $100k is nothing, but that's not true for the majority of people. The past few years my family was probably bringing in $40k a year tops, and we had a nice home (although small), plenty of luxuries, etc. This is all on top of the fact that my family has really bad money management.

$100k isn't enough if you're living a lifestyle that demands a $250k income, but there is no way that $100k isn't plenty to live on. Do you realize how many families are making nowhere close to that?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT can relate, my mom's single with 4 kids on a 45k paycheck

fair enough good look to you sir

congrats on trying so hard to stick out, and I'm glad your ego sure isn't suffering.

and I never said I want to get by on <100k, I'm just saying its not hard to do while being very happy. It would be sad if your so obsessed with money that you couldn't be happy w/ that income. kinda seems like that though.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:05 PM

and just to make it clear, im not trying to degrade anyone for living off 45k etc. i just feel i have both the ambition and intelligence and desire, for whatever reason, to want to make lots of $
Old 09-27-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in response to Snipes's claim that $100k isn't enough to support a family even if we aren't trying to live some lavish lifestyle. It's plenty.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:08 PM

im sure if i found something i really enjoyed doing i would be completely happy and content living w/under 100k. but i have a million things i think i would enjoy doing that just happen to need $. i want to record music, i want to produce music, i want to own a restaurant, i want to own a bar, etc. etc. etc......... the list goes on
Old 09-27-2007, 08:11 PM

I hope to never meet Jeff in person because I might kick his ass just for being a douche. This is saying a lot coming from someone like me who goes out of his way to piss people off.

A house in France, NYC, Miami, and SF? Are you [censored] me. There is just no point to that. I don't think I'll ever own a house anywhere and I'm fine with that. Let's me travel far more. I think you might be a bit too materialistic Jeff.

Personally, I'm looking to retire somewhere around net worth $3-4 million. Retirement is increasingly likely to include giving up my USA citizenship for Spanish citizenship. That process alone is going to take 5 years at the least [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2007, 08:12 PM

Just watched the CTS vid; opinions?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, these are the kinds of people who dont get cable TV because its $1 (or even more!!) a day. I'm fine with not being a total balla, but not worrying about stupid [censored] (like most people have to) should be a requirement as well.
Closed Thread