Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Average Speed XVII Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if fmx is the wolf now he can pile on me so it doesn't really matter any more since there is no unvote. I did want to see what everyone said before committing.

[/ QUOTE ]
fmx should be voting fnord for this post alone.

so far, all fnords posts are screaming wolf. im not sure if thats because i already know it though.
fmx, ive got work to do, but ill keep an eye on the thread in case you have any doubts.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

So scott, why did you posture so much yesterday when your dominant strategy as either a wolf or a villager was to vote supine? (you can try to say it was not obvious, but really, how can it be much more obvious?) How did you overlook the whole dustin / shorty war in your reread when that was a key element in the whole game? Why did you assume I was offering a counter argument and not asking a question (which I was) when I asked you about it? (My question was if Dustin could do that as a wolf knowing full well shorty was village). All of those things were playing to the crowd.

Also, I know if you were village here you would have taken some time to discuss and consider the possibilities today. You don't put blinders on.

w/e.

if in fact fmx is the wolf, I am going to feel uber stupid.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:28 PM

i cant stop

[ QUOTE ]
Which brings me to something that kind of bothered me. When he was pushing dustin, I asked a question about whether dustin would fight villager shorty if he was a wolf. Honest question about a huge event in the game. Scott basically read that as a counter argument, said he hadn't considered it, and dropped everything right there. Could have been a big brain fart to forget about the most important interaction in the game (dustin is a big shorty wagoneer, so the seer has to come out leaving the village with three total peeks and zero confirmed villagers after day 4), but scott typically does not miss big stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
apparently fnord had a brain fart too, because when i mentioned dustin as a possibility, it wasnt until later that he asked me that question. before that he was arguing with/suspecting dustin and accusing nutjob.
and after i answered him and we were done with that, fnord again said i was a villager. i guess it bothered him really really bad. so much so that he had no choice but to keep calling me village.

and, note that he is adding the bad results of the seer coming out into his post to try and subtly associate those results with me and my later actions, like i somehow was responsible for those earlier results. the two have nothing to do with each other.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:38 PM

wtf scott? I have been pretty busy, it is shameful, but not exactly new news that I never really reread the thread (other than individual posters, of which dustin was not one) until you started pushing for dustin after an alleged reread. I pointed out the seer thing because that was a huge consequence of the shorty wagon, which, oh by the way, dustin had an incredible vocal part in.

So you go reread, build this case against dustin, and someone gloss over the huge fight he and shorty got in? I think I made it pretty clear I wanted to avoid rereading dustin if I could because he had so damn many posts. When you put forth your theory and asked, I went back and reread from day one up to like thursday.

Bah, gotta head to lunch with a co worker.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

more wolftalk
just sayin
Old 08-09-2007, 12:46 PM

and, fnord, youre saying that the dustin/shorty confrontation and seer coming out was such a HUGE event, that you didnt remember it until rereading?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:15 PM

ok , so im looking at fnord from yesterday. he votes fmx, clears me and supine, then like 2 hours later, comes out with his winning voting analysis and votes supine. he votes supine after fmx votes supine. again, fmx, the guy he thought was the most likely wolf votes supine, then fnord decides that supine is a good vote, after he cleared supine. convenient? but today i apprently was posturing yesterday, while he was the thinking man. i guess the obvious moves werent so obvious to fnord either.
wow, i hope fnord posts some more, because hes contradicting himself left and right.
maybe he can even throw in a few more "lol"s and some "wtf"s
Old 08-09-2007, 01:26 PM

ok, im not going to look at anything else unless fmx shows up and is undecided or somehow is leaning toward me.
i have too much to do at work, and im sverely angered now to boot
Old 08-09-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and, fnord, youre saying that the dustin/shorty confrontation and seer coming out was such a HUGE event, that you didnt remember it until rereading?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what I am saying. But when you reread, it kind of jumps out at you.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:52 PM

hmm

I'll reread to see if Scott slipped up big anywhere, but I'm leaning fnord at this point
Old 08-09-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf scott? I have been pretty busy, it is shameful, but not exactly new news that I never really reread the thread (other than individual posters, of which dustin was not one) until you started pushing for dustin after an alleged reread.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is now the second time youve suggested i claimed to have made a reread before i spoke about dustin. i dont recall ever claiming that.
this is simply a lie youve created to try and push another weak argument trying to make me look bad. inconspicuously planting that little seed of doubt, or trying to anyway.