Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you aware of the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act?
Yes 37 94.87%
No 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Absolute Regulars Thread

Wow... 23 owns me today.

*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to ZACH6668 [9c 9d]
GOHOKEES - Folds
MANANDOUN - Folds
NUTLAW7 - Folds
KINGVINCE - Calls $3
HIGHROLLERG - Calls $1
ZACH6668 - Raises $3 to $6
KINGVINCE - Calls $3
HIGHROLLERG - Calls $3
*** FLOP *** [Qc Ad 4s]
HIGHROLLERG - Folds
ZACH6668 - Bets $3
KINGVINCE - Calls $3
*** TURN *** [Qc Ad 4s] [2h]
ZACH6668 - Bets $6
KINGVINCE - Calls $6
*** RIVER *** [Qc Ad 4s 2h] [3c]
ZACH6668 - Checks
KINGVINCE - Checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ZACH6668 - Shows [9c 9d] (One pair, nines)
KINGVINCE - Shows [2s 3h] (Two Pair, threes and twos)
KINGVINCE Collects $34.50 from main pot
Old 08-30-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 100% certain my opponents can see not only my cards, but the board before it falls:

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt you read the last AP update Zack? This is a new feature they've added for all losing players who've paid enough lifetime rake. Got to keep though fish on the site. Dont worry though, after you get hosed for a couple months AP will decide you need the help to even things back out for you
Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 AM

36W$WSF at 3/6 for the month...WTF
I have never seen so many 2-5 outers in
huge pots. KK is a loser for me this month too ..LOL
That's what I get for coming in second in the VIP Elite
FreeRoll......Two nights ago, was actually lucky enough to get AA 6 times in 1200 hands, won one time when the blinds folded...So who else is a memeber of the -300bb at Absolute club.....paging Xski
Old 08-30-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
paging Xski

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. That brightened my mornging. :-)

I got my teeth kicked in about mid month when I decided to play some 5-10, but I was a small winner on 3-6 this month. After RB and Boni I was roughly +$1K in 3-6 for August
Old 08-30-2007, 12:29 PM

I had a 400 BB downer in July.

August is the exact opposite.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:54 PM

I railbirded 5/10 limit 2 tables last night just to observe the play and was immediately saddened at not having being sufficiently rolled to sit down. Holy crap there were a few terrible players.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So who else is a memeber of the -300bb at Absolute club.....paging Xski

[/ QUOTE ]

-820BB yo. This week is going better, since I'm at least breaking even. It feels great (seriously).

Since 7/1:

46,233 hands
30/21/2.2
att to steal 43
fbbts 48.3
w$wsf 42.67
wtsd 34.5
w$@sd 50.8

BB - (.17)
SB - (.14)

Total BB/100 - (1.78)

Yesssssssssssssssssssss.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Ever since I quit my job I've become a losing player on the tables at AP. Partly due to the fact that I dropped limits from 10/20 and 15/30 down to 3/6 and 5/T (I needed to withdraw alot into my bank account to feel comfortable being 'unemployed'). The rake is so tough to beat at these limits. Also I have been 8-10 tabling which is obviously affecting my play. However, since I increased to 8-10 tables I am making more money even though I am losing on the tables. It has been tough to reconcile seeing red in my PT databases these last few months, but I need to look at the big picture. When I build my BR up enough to get back into the mid limit games I will be cutting down to 3-4 tables and with the reduced rake at the mid limits I fully expect to see my PT in the showing all green again. I would jump up there right now, but one of the things that I pride myself on is good BR management. I've jumped into a few 10/20 games when the table is good, but that's about it. Maybe I'm being stupid and denying myself better money, but I don't want to risk it yet. $20k in the bank and minimum 10-15k online is my goal before i jump back up full time.

I guess what I'm trying to say in this long rambling post is that I wouldn't worry too much about beating the games at AP at these low limits as long as you are making money. The BBJ and rake are just impossibly high.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:09 PM

yeah if i wasn't a br nit I'd play higher and less tables and actually work on my game. Although it's tough to win when your W$WSF is 36% over 10k hands. Also losing at 2/4 this month but all bbj tables ,those are almost impossible to beat over a large sample. My problem is i cashout 2k fairly often and don't allow my active roll to increase much. The other problem is when I look at PT and see my horrible WR (at least over the last two months) I have no confidence to play higher. I just cashed out another 2k last week but still have over 1300bb for 3/6 despite my
-300bb month. Without the donkament win this would be my first losing month all year at Abs (including all the extras)Guess I'm just a little frustrated and it is pretty standard variance with tilt thrown in. I've also played a lot of HU/ and short handed games which don't help in the variance dept. Going to play a mix of 2/4 and 3/6 so I can table select a little better and see if I can get out of this rut...thanks for the post zach/palo/x2ski/

Looking forward to a breakeven Sept...
Old 08-30-2007, 03:31 PM

Im surprised that you guys are doing so poorly, you both played very solid from what I remember. Especially compared to the other idiot tags that bluff raise me on the river every hand and donk bluff all 3 streets. Beastmaster why did you limp 96o in the bb and c/c a AT9 flop and c/r a blank turn vs me? Thats the only really spewy thing that ive seen you do.