Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: *Official* June HPT TurningStone Thread

[ QUOTE ]
just busted in the 1k, aq<99 on a97k two club board ai on turn. 99% sure the guy who busted me is a 2+2'er cause he plays well. if you read this let me know who you are and i'll introduce myself later in the week. peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was randallin that busted you, and taht was me adam and randall talking about the hand awkwardly in the lobby at the break.

anyway, i just busted 36th, w/ 8k stack 200/400/50, i open to 1100 on button, folds to Ajunglen in the BB, he thinks and sticks in a big stack of blues. ATo>KK [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

gogo adam though, he's got a lot of chips, so do Randall, grindermj, and annette. BillIvey's still in too.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:06 PM

i'm not very perceptive so i didn't hear anything you guys were saying lol. anyway gl to him, he def plays well.

EDIT: thoughts on the hand? i think it's more or less a cooler but could be wrong. esp once i turn the nfd getting >2:1. i think i needed about 46% equity to breakeven and flush outs add 18% or so. i guess i need him to be bluffing or value betting a worse hand fairly often. meh i dunno. poker is rigged. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 07:53 PM

Just busted from the 1k. I was a little below average and ran my jacks into Annette's aces.

Probably gonna play some cash games now.

There are still a lot of 2+2ers and other online players in... The final table should be pretty tough.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:56 PM

Blah, playing awful, have like no chips and I'm completely card dead. Here's to successful shovebotting
Old 06-13-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not very perceptive so i didn't hear anything you guys were saying lol. anyway gl to him, he def plays well.

EDIT: thoughts on the hand? i think it's more or less a cooler but could be wrong. esp once i turn the nfd getting >2:1. i think i needed about 46% equity to breakeven and flush outs add 18% or so. i guess i need him to be bluffing or value betting a worse hand fairly often. meh i dunno. poker is rigged. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't re raise preflop I don't think you go broke. Sick cooler though, I have been hottttttttttttttttt. At break, got 41k going to the 300/600/75 level but I just bled off like 13k with mid pairs and sooted connectors. Anyway, 31 left? and Stealthmunk to my right, should be fun.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: thoughts on the hand? i think it's more or less a cooler but could be wrong. esp once i turn the nfd getting >2:1. i think i needed about 46% equity to breakeven and flush outs add 18% or so. i guess i need him to be bluffing or value betting a worse hand fairly often. meh i dunno. poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

cooler.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey money (who were you?)

was it JT on a K53 board, wow I got that action all wrong I missed the beginning of the hand getting a drink and the end cause we were all laughing too hard, but yea it was all spades I remembered that just mistyped it -- and Im sure he had Jack high no pair or draw. It was literally the worst single poker play Ive ever seen.

Yea, in a game like that Im an ultra nit (though that one girl put even me to shame). I 3 bet pf exactly one times in 12 hours (and it was a horrible online tournament player push with AK according to one player*). But when people are unable to fold TP znd or a FD I dont see the point of trying to pull out anything but ABC nittiness.

Re: slowroll.
Ok so I have KQs against an EP raiser who is tricky and seems like he can be a good loose aggro player when hes on his game but isnt playing well tonight, I flop top two and he makes a speech while we put some money in about how I must have a huge hand. I dont like the speech or the A that comes on the board and when he checks to me on the river I say "I am a nit" and just check behind. Now he says 'you got me' and doesnt show his hands (he's OOP and we checked down) so I see an opportunity for win/win, he doesnt wanna show his hand and Id like to just show one card so I pick up my cards and flash the Q on the bottom (people have picked up pots without showing their kicker a bunch at our table and he has made a 'you got me' type comment a bunch of times with like missed suited connectors/small pairs), he says 'oh!' and before the words 'no.. no I have two pair' finish coming out of my mouth shows K-rag. So meh whatever, he gets pissed doesn't accept my attempts to apologize and I let it go as he broods in his seat.

* BTW, this guy is the same guy who said my push with AKs pf was horrible. Quickly, a few people enter the pot and he raises on the button, the SB who keeps pushing almost anything and rebuying for 60 goes allin (I put him on 22+/KQ+/AJ+) I look down at AKs in the BB and push. Button calls saying Ive got him, he has AKo and SB has 33. 3s hold and he starts talking about how bad my push is and how I need KK+ to make that push (so why does he call?).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the kid with the gray Indiana hoodie in seat 2/3
Old 06-13-2007, 08:39 PM

I'm coming either tomorrow night or Friday morning...can anyone hit me up with cash and I'll x-fer on Stars? I'm live broke, so I got nothin' to play with...
Old 06-13-2007, 09:05 PM

Adam Junglen just put a nasty suckout on some guy and took a monster pot. It folded to him in SB so he raised, BB re-raised, Adam pushed w/ Jh 3d and was called by QcQd. Board comes Kh-5h-6h-4-7h. Sick.

Also, still in (all with big stacks) are Annette, Randall, Moleskine, Stealth, the Stein, and Agriffrod.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:23 PM

Ajunglen pwns the world.

The gobboroom (tower 1016) is now equipped with liquor and well prolly be here for a bit watching the WSOP FT before heading down for some drunken pokah.

Also, we were thinking of taking some time out tomorrow to maybe hit the driving range and/or go see Oceans 13. Any interest?