Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 08:42 PM

Default Re: NO INFORMATION GAME THREAD

Okay, a few points:

Making an extended post about why someone sounds like a wolf is pretty silly on Day 1, but here goes anyway:

Kyro already commented on this post:

[ QUOTE ]
A year isn't what it used to be.

Man, I hate day 1s with no N0 peeks. There's almost nothing for the village to talk about. And since the village actually has no seer, it's going to stay ugly for a while. At least people will die at night at a frightful rate.

Vigilantes, go ahead and start firing tonight. You might get killed anyways and you can't kill our seer, so go for it.
I have no idea what the other roles should be doing that would be of any use. Except vote. Everyone should vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of post that looks like he is saying something, but he actually isn't. Talk about posting just to be posting. It sounds like it's helpful, but StephenH is a very smart guy. When he actually turns his brain to the task of solving a problem, he generally comes up with something better than this.

(Also, LOL at complaining about a day with no night 0 peek. I'd rather we discuss strategy and tone for a day then have umpteen "If I'm teh seer, I peeked X and he was a Y" posts.)

From the games I remember, Villager StephenH tends to address the players as a whole, rather than individually. I notice this trait, because, by and large, I share it. I don't do a lot of posts that start out:

"Luckay,"

especially early on.

He also seems to be consensus-seeking. Witness:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to feel a VR vote.
Anyone else want to Vote VR?

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't quote a whole bunch of his other posts, because this thread is short. You guys can find them for yourselves and draw your own conclusion.

He doesn't sound like himself. It's hardly a compelling case, but this is day 1, and, imo, StephenH is as likely as anyone else (and more likely than many) to be a werewolf.

There's only one post today where he sounds like himself, and it's not strategy-based:

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, the responses to your question are facinating. I hope more people comment.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-19-2006, 08:44 PM

What does everybody think?

Role-guesser should be looking for seer or killer power every turn, right? We must have seerings!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really want to see some competeing bandwagons to end today, and a nice massacre tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Nich!!

and, wtf?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does everybody think?

Role-guesser should be looking for seer or killer power every turn, right? We must have seerings!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
absolutely. role-guessers should be looking for the sk seer power.
imo, wolf ideal strategy is probably to "sk hunt"(?!) because this game currently seems to favor wolves, at least to me. SK ideal strat is probably to shoot wolves to even it up.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:47 PM

there seem to be more wagons than usual for day one.

i just read through to see if i could tell why ppl might be voting for each one.

alex - made a lot of strategy lite posts and questions (like should i vote for someone i have a read on or someone a villager has a read on?). haven't played much with alex, so not sure what this means. i do this type of stuff as villager.

dmk - the only thing that made me somewhat suspicious was his exchange with nich, which made me think they could possibly wolves together setting up something for later.

mornelth - i guess ppl are voting him because of his revenge vote.

tabako - he made an early random vote, then changed vote with a nonsequitir justification ("i had an exam this morning")

none of these reads are super strong for me.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
StephenH

I will elaborate shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]
VR is a woman, therefore she has "woman's intuition"
VR is a villager, due to so many tells it's not even funny
therefore, StephenH
Old 12-19-2006, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
more rule stuff:

Q: Can a role-guesser steal the serial killer's powers?

I hadn't thought about this but here is what I will declare:

The omniseer/sk has two powers. Night kill and seer. Role-guesser can typically only steal one power, so that's what the guess would be "I guess he has the serial killer night kill". Or, "I guess he has the serial killer seer peek". They can be stolen, one at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

*** OMFG ANOTHER RULE CHANGE ***

I just realized that if you can steal the seer peek, then it's just as good as outing the serial killer. I didn't think it through, and I apologize. So I'm going to change what I said to this:

Role-guessing now can look for "night kill". i.e. vigilante, serial killer or wolf. You cannot look for the seer peek anymore. HOWEVER: to steal the wolf kill, two things happen:

1) You must target the person who is doing the kill that night
2) The wolves do not lose their ability to nightkill, ever (so you add an additional kill to the game, instead of getting one for yourself AND blocking the wolf kill). The serial killer and vigilante could lose their kill for that night, and in the case of the vigilante, permanently.

Edit: wolves cannot steal the nightkill from themselves of course

Old 12-19-2006, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
StephenH

I will elaborate shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]
VR is a woman, therefore she has "woman's intuition"
VR is a villager, due to so many tells it's not even funny
therefore, StephenH

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. This might be the worst post that Luckay had ever made
Old 12-19-2006, 08:54 PM

"It sounds like it's helpful, but StephenH is a very smart guy. When he actually turns his brain to the task of solving a problem, he generally comes up with something better than this."

you're making a leap of logic in equating him turning on his brain with being a villager though
Old 12-19-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow. This might be the worst post that Luckay had ever made

[/ QUOTE ]

A wise man once asked:
[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if on day 1 it's better to vote with someone who you think is a villager, as opposed to placing votes based on minor wolf reads which leads to a more spread out vote count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for one, VR is a villager. For two, I feel less good about voting for tabako because he isn't here to defend himself. For three, VR made a pretty compelling argument such that I actually believe her minor wolf read. Therefore, I am both aligning my vote with someone who is a certain villager as well as on someone who I now suspect slightly.

is that better? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]