Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: So I had a date tonight

Some good advice and some bad advice in spacebetween's post.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly goofy, you seem like a nice guy so I'm gonna give you some advice.

1. NEVER pay for anything, it kinda looks like you are insecure and think you have to buy her things so she can hang out with you.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is completely wrong. Of course it will depend on the girl, but some girls will think you are incapable of taking care of them if you can't as much as pay for a meal, and some will be insulted if you try to pay for the meal because it takes away their independence or something. In most cases though, pay for the meal, and if she argues tell her she can pay the tip and leave it at that.
[ QUOTE ]
2. NEVER try to make it look or feel like a date. Girls don't like date. It's formal, it sucks, it's awkward, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]
This is one hell of a sweeping generalization.
[ QUOTE ]
3. Dinner is not a good date. It's boring.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are sort of right, DOING stuff is often the best thing for a first date. But if you are at a stage when you are trying to get to know someone better (is this person gf material?), dinner is a fantastic date. Better yet, cook the dinner yourself and she will be very very impressed.
[ QUOTE ]
6. You try to go for a kiss!!! ARE YOU [censored] RETARDED??? You can't kiss a girl if you havent been touching her at all all night, its gonna be so awkward. Start by holding her hands, hugging, touch girls when you talk to them. It's possible to do it without being creepy, and that's the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right on. Don't set yourself up for failure.

Some things I would add:

-If you can't visualize yourself being with this girl, then you won't. You have to exude confidence and certainty.

-Dating is like poker. The best players know how to use initiative and be aggressive to scoop up more than their fair share of pots, even when their cards aren't that great. They also know that they won't win every pot, so they play a lot of hands. And when they get a bad beat, they know that its ultimately necessary for that to happen for them to make $ in the long run.

-Don't let yourself become emotionally involved or attached to someone until AT LEAST the 3rd date. Having a 1st date go badly should make you upset for a maximum of 20 minutes.

edit: And good lord, don't write letters like that ever again. My GF used to have a stalker that wrote letters exactly like that. I had to set him straight.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What school is this in the Bay Area? If it's Cal, then I'm very sorry for you Goofy.

10 minute drive to Pismo Beach

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing Cal Poly
Old 08-06-2007, 02:35 AM

Mystery Method OBV
Old 08-06-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have less experience than everyone else posting, but i'm also a nice guy, and maybe can offer a different perspective.

the first girl i ever really dated was early in college. she was the roommate of a high school friend of mine. after a little while, i decided i liked her. one day when everyone was going to eat at the dining hall, she said she was staying back to study and would eat a cup of noodle. i said i was too, we talked for a while, kinda hit it off. A weekend or two later, we went out to a party, got drunk, came back and fooled around. The next day she "broke up (or whatever)' because she thought I just wanted to fool around with her. The next weekend we fooled around fri/sat night anyway, due mainly to alcohol. For the next couple months we were dating, i was kinda flirting with her roommate (my friend from hs). It took like 4 months before she even realized I liked her a lot. We've actually been dating ever since, but that's beside the point, the point is i got in her pants.

Her early skepticism of whether or not i was into her, alcohol, and hanging out with her in a relaxed and fun way was all crucial to me getting with her, and during none of it did i have to be creepy, overly sappy/romantic, or anything other than my normal nice guy self. AFTER you get to know them, and get close to them, then you can be romantic or whatever you want, but if you do it before then, they'll just be creeped out by how overly attached you are and how much effort you're putting into getting someone you barely know.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you a virgin?

[/ QUOTE ]

lolowned

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are levelling us otherwise that post is really depressing.

ps. do you wear pink shirts?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:34 AM

THE THREAD

LET IT DIE

(or kitty gets it obv)
Old 08-06-2007, 05:07 AM

goofy you rat bastard, practice is the only thing you need. that girl's pretty, but you can't jump right into the big leagues coming out of t-ball and expect to hit a donger over the green monster!!! It ain't gonna happen. You gotta slum it down in the minors for a bit while you learn the ins and outs of the game. You can't just have people from the internet teaching you how to throw a sliding spit-ball and which vein's the best for shooting swoll-juice into; ya gotta find out for yourself! But your ol friend Kyle's always here to help.

How did you hook up with Tina? Let's recap, shall we. Well, we did the research and found the best place to find girls at. check. we were prepared right off the bat, and determined!!! check. we were ballin, duh. check. You got drunk and so did she. check. You know what that adds up to? Sexy-time!! Or in that case, just make-out time, but whatev, it was beautiful wasn't it? Now I'm pretty sure if you take all those checks and add a sprinkling of vigor (repeat to yourself: "I am GoofyBaller. and I gotta want it) then you will be in so many girl-related situations you'll have to beat em off you with your leather pimp cane!! [censored] skeezie beezies.. Always tryin to get your attention, but the only attention you got time to give em is some attention from your backhand when they scuff up on your Nihilator Gators! Clumsy CHICKENHEADS just got their eyes on yo money!!! So make em earn it!1!! And then sandbag em anyway!! AHHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHH HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAH HA

And we'll end on that note. Good talk, Goofy, and Godspeed.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Kyle

PS this week is gonna be buckwild in Hermiston since it's the annual Farm City Fair and Pro Rodeo!!! Me and my homeboys got box seats and are renting the suite of all suites .. in preparation for the weeklong Pimps-up Ho-down!! I'll let ya know how it goes.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:14 AM

kyle makes it rain all over them bitches, metaphysical and whatnot
Old 08-06-2007, 05:25 AM

For sho. Clayton knows all about the metaphysical as well, just like my homie Descartes

what it do René, what it do
Old 08-06-2007, 07:27 AM

I can't believe you wrote and gave her that letter. That was seriously cringe worthy stuff.

But I'm so happy that you did, hehehe
Old 08-06-2007, 11:09 AM

Goofy, I hope you see this post because its at the bottom..but next time that happens...

Say to her "oh see those bubbles..if you look really close it resembles a heart.."

As she looks hard over the railing...bend over..grab her by the ankles...and send her ass sea worthy...that will teach her a good lesson. Never take a guys money and NOT kiss him...bitch deserves it.