Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Damages!

[ QUOTE ]

I don't like being titilated, Katy.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Great line. I'm going to use that line.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:47 PM

Dancing with Wookie, 10/29/2007

Group dance night. I always like it when they start to do two routines per show. Man, Jennie might win the costume award tonight over Edyta.

Sabrina kicks it off. She got foxtrot, and she got a GREAT song. Usually they don't play anything that bluesy and gritty on this show. I've always liked that track. Ouch. I loved this routine, but I disagree w/ the judges that it was too hard. The music is harsh and aggressive; she's supposed to dance powerfully here! And she did bust out some grace at the right points. Ouch. She got totally shafted here. She did lose her footing, but this was a 27, maybe 28, but a 25 is a slap in the face.

Jennie got the mambo, and this should be a real test for her. She's been best when she's serious, and this is one of the least serious dances. Hmmm. She did impress me that she could bust out the performance and fun, but she did lose it in the middle. I'm surprised the judges didn't seem to notice, because she went back into the same nervous, serious Jennie she has always been. She recovered nicely, to her credit. On the technique side, her back break steps were far too big, and some her footwork wasn't especially quick or crisp. Well, while I thought the commentary was harsh, their scores were in line with what I'd award. 27 is good.

I guess everyone is doing a different dance this week. Cool. DQDW got jive. Hmmm. I'm not sure this will be enough to save her. She could stand to point her toes more, and I don't think her energy was high enough. This didn't seem to suit her very well. Her kicks were just a little awkward and imprecise. I liked her, but she got really unlucky drawing jive at this stage. Her 22 seems low, but her dance really wasn't all that great.

Cameron got samba, and I think this should be a good dance for him. He's been bringing the sexy, and this is another great opportunity to bring even more sexy. I also [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Edyta doing samba. I think Cameron might have fallen victim to the choreography here. A lot of the moves were fairly simple between the proper samba moves, and I don't think they did the primal vibe well enough. It either wasn't primal enough, or they should have gone further in that direction. I think his 25 was fair, although he might have earned a 26.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:25 PM

If Mel's the real deal, she'll pull of the rumba. Like I said last week, this is a tough dance that tends to separate the real dancers from the people who'll miss the finals. At first, I thought Mel got cheated by wardrobe, but then I saw the right side of her dress, or the lack thereof. That was a great dance. I'm sure Katy will be happy and wishing she was Carrie Ann. I was a little let down by Mel. I figured that since the boy band members did so well, she'd be a ringer. Now she's living up to her potential. A well earned perfect score.

Well, Marie had been the person I've wanted to leave tomorrow, but Jane dropped the ball. Paso doble should actually be a decent dance for Marie since she can use her showmanship. However, I don't think her posture will be up to snuff. Paso posture is extremely difficult. Yeah. She wasn't anywhere close to where she needed to be in the brief periods when she was in a connected frame. I have to agree with Carrie Ann that it was uncomfortable seeing her lying on the floor again. I think this routine was too much skirt twirling and not enough dancing. I think her 23 was fair.

Helio goes last once again, and he got a great dance for him: cha cha. This should allow him to be rhythmic and smiley and sexy and fun. LOL. I love his "Vote For Helio" shirt. Ooooooh. Very nice recovery, Helio. He has some of the best cha cha lock steps of any star ever, which is great, because he certainly used a lot of them. He was looking smooth and working the body rolls. I think his 28 was low. He was pushing perfection here.

It's hard for me to judge the group dance, because the group dance is always all the swing steps I hate, done with styling I hate, to music I hate. That said, I have to give Cameron some props, since his aerial was clearly the toughest, and I have to deduct from Sabrina, since her solo was clearly the easiest. Her partner basically just jumped over her rather than the other way around.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:52 PM

Nice review [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I really enjoyed tonight's show. I cannot believe how much Jennie has improved. I NEVER would have thought she was capable of getting this far after the first week. Her teacher must be incredible! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Wookie I'm glad you pointed out that she faltered in the middle. I didn't really notice as I was just getting into watching the cool choreography.

I agree with your take on Cameron and Edyta's dance. Cameron has a lot of potential but do you think sometimes he holds his arms funny? I don't think he's in any danger. Probably has a huge fan base.

Dr. Quinn was a little boring.

Mel and Max only practiced for 6 hours. Very nicely done! Her dress was tasteful and very sexy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Max can twirl me over his head any time he wants. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (God that guy is hot.)

Loved Helio's cha cha. He's ridiculously impressive for a guy who drives race cars. My one complaint would be that my eye was constantly moving towards Julianne. The choreography showcased her way too much and she is stunning. (i know, i know, you guys are saying that's not a bad thing.)
Old 10-30-2007, 12:17 AM

What happened on the Bachelor? I forgot it was on.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 PM

Oh, the humanity!

This is the WORST bottom two and the WORST elimination EVAR on DwtS!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:52 PM

OMG. I'm at a loss. WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!!! Her sorrow was crushing, but the look of utter joy on Tony's face as he and Max did the little jig of celebration gave me a warm glow all over. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:54 PM

I vote cry. I liked Jane, but it was her time. I've also clearly underestimated Marie's fanbase. She could very well be Jerry Rice.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:59 PM

ok i've got some DWTS gossip for you.

Yesterday on my radio station they were interviewing Jane. She was trying to win over some votes. Anyway, the DJ asks her about Marie's fainting spell last week and she sounded really catty and disgusted with Marie. It wasn't my imagination. The DJ asked her if she felt it hurt her scores and she answered yes [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Then, when he jokingly suggested that she appeal to the radio audience's sympathy and tell us how she was injured she goes "I would NEVER stoop that low." clearly implying that Marie had stooped!

ok, that is the end of my gossip.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i've got some DWTS gossip for you.

Yesterday on my radio station they were interviewing Jane. She was trying to win over some votes. Anyway, the DJ asks her about Marie's fainting spell last week and she sounded really catty and disgusted with Marie. It wasn't my imagination. The DJ asked her if she felt it hurt her scores and she answered yes [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Then, when he jokingly suggested that she appeal to the radio audience's sympathy and tell us how she was injured she goes "I would NEVER stoop that low." clearly implying that Marie had stooped!

ok, that is the end of my gossip.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahaha...all a great reality show needs is a bunch of women stuck in the same room. Drama to follow!