Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Knife VS Bat, who wins?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All the people that keep saying the bat is useless or minimally useful in close really aren't thinking.

Go ahead, come in real close like -- makes it real easy to put one hand on either end of the bat and slam it upwards into your chin.

Or if the bat is behind you -- just grab both ends and slam it against that thing called a spine which will be nicely exposed on the back of your neck.

Oh and while you are busy charging in there is of course no chance that I will just slam that bat straight-forward into your on-coming charge -- it won't be the lest bit distracting for you.

-----------

Anybody wonder why the much greater percentage of effort involved in the development of weapon technology has been focused on distance?

[/ QUOTE ]
Go ahead, come in real close like -- that way I can puncture your lung and then give you a Columbian necktie.

Or if the bat is behind you -- just grab your knife and stab into what's nicely exposed, the bundle of nerves at the base of the neck.

Your post is so stupid it makes me think you're clinically retarded. There are a bunch of good examples of posts in this thread, all of which exhibit some knowledge or strategy that pertains to winning this particular fight. Your post amounts to, "I WILL KICK YOUR ASS BY SLAMMING YOUR CHIN! I WILL THEN ROUNDHOUSE KICK YOU INTO OBLIVION."

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody wonder why the much greater percentage of effort involved in the development of weapon technology has been focused on distance?

[/ QUOTE ]
The answer to that is as obvious as it is irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow -- you toss around retard pretty easily. I guess you missed the point: I DON'T HAVE TO GET CLOSE WITH A BAT BUT THE MORON WITH THE KNIFE DOES!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:23 PM

you seriously think the extra 2 ft is that much of an advantage when its going to be hard as hell for you to land a blow that will even get me on the ground w/o you getting cut up?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:30 PM

I am in SF and want the knife. I will also take bets. I have no formal martial arts training whatsoever. However, I have been in both bat and knife fights. I am a tiny asian. Feel free to set me up against someone bigger. GOGOGOGOG
Old 07-10-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am in SF and want the knife. I will also take bets. I have no formal martial arts training whatsoever. However, I have been in both bat and knife fights. I am a tiny asian. Feel free to set me up against someone bigger. GOGOGOGOG

[/ QUOTE ]

Another point Id like to bring up, si that Ive been hit with a bat, hard, on teh thigh in a fight, and Ive been stabbed/slashed in teh calf with a knife. The bat hurt more the next day, but the knife scared the [censored] out of me, where as w/ the bat I was just pissed.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read this thread, because I was already heavily involved in the last one, but kali sticks and bats are like apples and oranges, just thought I'd throw that in before that debate goes any further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Which accrues even more to the knife side of the fight. Swinging a bat is like swinging a bag of potatoes compared to how easy kali sticks are to handle. You can even use two of them at once. Guys who are highly skilled with them still having someone get in on them speaks how tough it is to stop someone from closing the distance.

And I'd rather be taken down than stabbed or slashed.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you seriously think the extra 2 ft is that much of an advantage when its going to be hard as hell for you to land a blow that will even get me on the ground w/o you getting cut up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you all think it is so hard to hit a person with a bat? The hit doesn't have to put you on the ground to be effective.

My original point was clearly stated -- those who are stating a bat is nearly useless at short range aren't really thinking of the various ways a bat can be used. The bat's flexibility in use is being overlooked completely in this discussion.

It seems that the main discussion boils to do -- concussive force doesn't actually hurt or even phase anybody but a single puncture and you immediately collapse into a coma. Which is of course silly.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you all think it is so hard to hit a person with a bat? The hit doesn't have to put you on the ground to be effective.

My original point was clearly stated -- those who are stating a bat is nearly useless at short range aren't really thinking of the various ways a bat can be used. The bat's flexibility in use is being overlooked completely in this discussion.

It seems that the main discussion boils to do -- concussive force doesn't actually hurt or even phase anybody but a single puncture and you immediately collapse into a coma. Which is of course silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. you're right. i want the knife, but am clearly at a disadvantage. please find someone in the SF bay area to use the bat against my fake knife and give me 3-1. I am a chain smoker, a little bit of a boozer, and physically inferior to the majority of the population. I have no formal martial arts training, but am also willing to go up against someone with a little bit of formal training.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:57 PM

I accidentally bumped the old thread, xpost:

What happens if theres a tie?

I.e: Knife guy gets a solid stab in on bat guy, then gets knocked out and killed by bat guy. Bat guy then bleeds to death.

Knife guy could also stab and then run away, eventually winning. Im assuming 1 solid stab wound is always fatal without hospital access?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I accidentally bumped the old thread, xpost:

What happens if theres a tie?

I.e: Knife guy gets a solid stab in on bat guy, then gets knocked out and killed by bat guy. Bat guy then bleeds to death.

Knife guy could also stab and then run away, eventually winning. Im assuming 1 solid stab wound is always fatal without hospital access?

[/ QUOTE ]

No contest. Both fighters die with a 0-0-1 record, unless they have previous fights in the KvB Fighting League.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 PM

The knife people are making very good arguments, but I really don't understand why the knife people seem to think they're just going to charge the bat holder and not get hit hard. guids just said he thinks he could do this 75% of the time.

If I had a bat and someone charged me, sure I might not connect perfectly with the guy's skull, right on the sweet spot, but I would bet that I would deliver a hell of a blow a BIG MAJORITY of the time. Hard enough that knifeboy would be stopped in his tracks and in serious pain, MOST OF THE TIME.

Yet all the knife people act like they'd just run through the contact and fillet me like a halibut. I just don't think so.

And I reiterate my point that unless you slice my carotid or femoral on the first slice, I am going to hit you again VERY HARD SOMEWHERE ON YOUR BODY with the bat. And if I hit you square on the skull or on the knife-wielding wrist, or maybe even just in the ribs, you've got big trouble.

I think it's a very close call, even if the knife has a slight advantage.