Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Poker Hand XML

It looks pretty close.

I agree that rounds should be numeric and not game specific like "Turn", "River". Making it numeric makes it so much easier to add additional types of games.

For tournament hands if the tourney ended for a player I think it should show his finish position and amount won. It is important and in the context of the hand even if its meaning is beyond the scope of the one hand.

I noticed we are using "Ah" instead of Card "A" Suit "h". Just wanted to make sure this was the way we wanted to go. I think it's fine but I know some good points were made to split it.

I'd prefer the raise amount to be the actual amount raised in that 1 action. So if a player raises to $10 and then is reraised to $20 and then reraises up to $40 total then he would have a $10 raise and a $30 raise for that street.

I'll look through it all again tomorrow to see if I spot anything else.

rvg
Old 08-09-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerHandXML Version 0.1

[/ QUOTE ]

Missing:
* location of the dealer

Questions:
* How are antes supposed to be listed?
* Is there actions for dead small blinds?
* Is there actions or attributes for "completes" and short raises which do/do not reopen betting?
* Is it the responsibility of the site format to XML format converter to convert things like "raise $x" to "raise to $x" and to add the "return uncalled bet of $x" and subtract it from winnings for sites that report it differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Another question:
* Does the deal at the top allow 0, 1, or up to all the players to be dealt cards? This is important to ensure the hand format works for observer mode, standard hero mode, and omnipotent mode.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I noticed we are using "Ah" instead of Card "A" Suit "h". Just wanted to make sure this was the way we wanted to go. I think it's fine but I know some good points were made to split it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Card "A" Suit "h" - forgive me, I know not XML - why would a concatenated version be in any way preferable to separate fields?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:33 PM

Can we have a "max seats" field?

Sorry for the late comment. I've started work to support generic sites for the Realtime HUD in anticipation of a .dll convertor and have just realized that this would be a very useful optional field.

Different sites handle this in different ways. Full Tilt includes the maximum in the table window name and the hand history. Poker Stars has it in the hand history only. Party and I-Poker don't mention the maximum seats at all. It is usualy possible to figure out from the seating assignments what is going on and display the stats in the correct place. However, occasionally you will get a full ring table on Party with only 3 players playing in seats 2,3 and 5. There's no way to tell whether this is a 6-max table or not.

For Poker Stars and other sites that include this information in the history, I'd suggest an attribute something like:-

"max seats" = 6
Old 08-12-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we have a "max seats" field?

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that request, for the same reasons.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:54 AM

I think the <table .. seats="xx"> attribute what you're looking for.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:35 AM

I just arrived at this thread, and it's clearly become too long for me to read all ~200 posts.

I like the general idea of everyone adopting a standard format. I have two questions:

1) Is there a link to the most current XSD file (if not, could someone post one)?
2) Has anyone built any open source parsing libraries based on this yet?

If it hasn't already been done, I am considering on developing an open-source C# hand parsing library. It will use a plug-in architecture which should make it easy to extend for new sites.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:04 AM

In a few weeks LegoPoker will have a PokerHandXML parser. I am really busy now, but once I get some more time I will post an updated version.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:15 PM

Will it be a library or a web-only converter (like your hand converter)?

If it's web-based, will you make it available as a web service so that applications can access it?

Also, will it be open-source?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:47 PM

it will be a web based converter, just as legopoker is set up now.

as for setting up a web service - not sure if I will do this.

No it will not be open source.