Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 20 Discussion -spoiler free-

Speaking of the button, so are we to believe that the hatch where we first found Desmond was the last of the Dharma folk? And that the 'hostiles' didn't know about that hatch?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of the button, so are we to believe that the hatch where we first found Desmond was the last of the Dharma folk? And that the 'hostiles' didn't know about that hatch?

[/ QUOTE ]

OH [censored].

I did not think about this.

Either that or the hostiles simply took over the research.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH [censored].

I did not think about this.

Either that or the hostiles simply took over the research.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think the hostiles had to take over the research because why is it that we see Richard as a hostile and then on the mainland being a recruiter?
theory:the hostiles were really the first of Dharma's employees and were exposed to a volcano reaction giving them certain powers/beliefs (ie dont age). The hostiles decided to take the research in another way so Dharma gets pissed and sends in new people which exile the original group away from the camp.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 AM

I don't necessarily believe that the hostiles trying to work on the fertility issues on the island/recruiting in the real world is them continuing the Dharma work.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:45 AM

Ok, I hate to be the "hater" but I really disliked this episode.

1. Ben randomly gets the key code to the fence? WTF?
2. So the hostiles don't age? Richard certainly did not seem to age. Add in one new question. And now that we know they are natives, we need to know their history. Add in two new questions.
3. Thanks for making Ben's dad a totally unlikable character so you could create him and kill him in the same episode. How lame and one dimensional was that?
4. The entire Jacob thing was monumentally stupid. An invisible guy in a cabin in the middle of nowhere which may or may not be the smoke monster, and to which Ben goes from composed tribe leader to raving nervous lunatic over. Ben's actions were out of character, and the whole thing just added a ton more questions about wtf was going on.
5. What happened to Annie? Add another unanswered question.
6. Why was it a good thing that Locke got shot? I logged in this morning and a friend messaged me with "OMG Locke got shot it was great!" So, the only guy actively trying to get answers gets shot/killed off and this is a good thing? wtf?
7. The entire "we're going to see Jacob" scene was badly done. No reason for Ben to not say 'Uh, no we aren't' before Mikal even shows up. When Mikal shows up, no reason for Locke to beat the crap out of him.
8. "I was lucky the fence was not set to kill." made me want to puke as a reason why Mikal was alive.
9. Assuming the hostiles has some idea about Jacob, why did Ben's daughter give Locke a gun? Seems like it would have been useless.
10. Is Jack really that stupid that he thinks its a great idea to withhold all of these secrets, especially regarding Juliette to the rest of the losties when he knows they already don't trust him because of his time with the Others? Come on now. This is dumb. Whatever happened to live together, die alone?

In short, we learned what happened to the Dharma group, but not why, so it wasn't much of a reveal. In return we got a ton more of unanswered questions, and one of the more likable characters on the show shot and left for dead in a pit of skeletons.

I have no idea why people liked this episode, unless you like plot twists just for the sake of plot twists.

Ray
Old 05-10-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"help me".. wow.. i like what ipot is thinking, maybe there is a jacob but ben is full of [censored] about jacob being in control. maybe ben has him held captive or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just got done watching the ep online. Cable went out last night [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Anyway, this was my thinking too. The natives took in Ben because he could communicate with Jacob; but now Locke's specialness is a threat to Ben's specialness!

1) No way Locke is anywhere close to dead.
2) I think there is a good chance Ben doesn't make it out of Season 3 alive.
3) I am willing to take action on (1) and possibly (2) if someone gives me a decent price.

Sick ep! They did a great job of replacing a few answers with a f**kton more questions.

New crackpot theory: The Others are trying to make some Jacob-babies so they can either save the world or end it. Not sure which yet.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
theory:the hostiles were really the first of Dharma's employees and were exposed to a volcano reaction giving them certain powers/beliefs (ie dont age). The hostiles decided to take the research in another way so Dharma gets pissed and sends in new people which exile the original group away from the camp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben referred to them as Natives, which would indicate that they were not the first set of Dharma people. Of course, another thing that pisses me off about the last episode was that we learn that Ben is likely lying about quite a bit, so we now have no idea when we're getting real answers or not, seeing as how many of our answers come from Ben.

Ray
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2)What was that gun powder stuff Locke came across??

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's safe to say it was volcanic ash given the scenes from earlier in the ep.

[ QUOTE ]
5)AND WHAT THE HELL IS THIS 4-TOED STATUE?!?

[/ QUOTE ]
My guess would be that Richard has 4 toes. Maybe the statue was of Apollo and they are all half-god babies. lol.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. So the hostiles don't age? Richard certainly did not seem to age. Add in one new question. And now that we know they are natives, we need to know their history. Add in two new questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess that the history of the natives is going to be the focus of season four. They're answering a lot of questions these last few episodes, meaning they need to introduce more.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jake looks like Jack's dad to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

vs.

???