Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: YEREKEEO
Your erection: reason everyone keeps ejaculating (elephantitis, obviously) 4 44.44%
yankees,especially rodriguez = egocenntric [killrallying envious egotistacal overated] 1 11.11%
Young Elvis ruled... eventually kept eating... enter obesity. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Official Supernova Elite Thread

I'm sitting here surfing the net and typing this while 12-tabling.

Not to mention that I have the t.v. on so I can catch up with the news.

Some players have an uncanny ability to multi-task.

If it were up to me, I would close my 2+2 browser, turn the t.v. off, and play a couple of the Omaha tables that really look like they need a couple of more players.

FWIW sometimes I play a couple of Full Tilt tables too but I'm being lazy today. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 10:03 AM

Write a small subroutine that when number of tables =12 it starts to log the time remaining to act for that player.

That will give Stars an idea if that player can handle 12 well enough to consider upgrading them to 16.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Write a small subroutine that when number of tables =12 it starts to log the time remaining to act for that player.

That will give Stars an idea if that player can handle 12 well enough to consider upgrading them to 16.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep something like that is needed, maybe allow 16 tables on request but monitor it and drop them down to 12 if they're slowing things down to much.

Unless its fast unprotected 6 max tables and they keep timing out - then up it to 24.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:21 AM

I normally play 12 full ring games of nl200$ and 2 or 3 mtt's, but I'd prefer playing 16 9-max tables. That way I'd generate more rake, so I could think about trying to go for the SNE status.

With only 12 tables running I have calculated that I would need to play about 7.5 hours every day of the year, that's really insane. So, it's quite impossible to achieve the Supernova Elite status for full ring nl200$ players.

The mtt's are just to increase my hourly rate, but they don't really produce many vpp's, and they force me sometimes to play longer sessions that I'd like.

As 1p0kerboy has said, playing 16 full ring tables would be more or less the same like playing 12 6-max, something that it's allowed, or like 16+ tabling the sng's.

I think users should be able to open 16 tables, as that would make Poker Stars win more money, so I don't understand why they haven't changed that yet.

Sorry for my English. Regards.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:41 AM

Also usually the guys playing a gazillion tables aren't the best players.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:49 AM

What about the idea of extending it to 15 maximum tables for next year for those who request it through support and then re-evaluating the results at the end of the year while maintaining the option to roll-back to 12 across the board if there are adverse effects?

Runonsentence-aments ftw.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:00 AM

We aren't talking about the poker skills of the multitablers, just saying that they should have the option of playing more cash games, so they could generate more rake to Poker Stars.

15 is a nice number.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We aren't talking about the poker skills of the multitablers, just saying that they should have the option of playing more cash games, so they could generate more rake to Poker Stars.

15 is a nice number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotty was concerned about what the effects would be on the games. I'm pretty sure he was referencing game quality but I could be wrong.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the idea of extending it to 15 maximum tables for next year for those who request it through support and then re-evaluating the results at the end of the year while maintaining the option to roll-back to 12 across the board if there are adverse effects?

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the point of that?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the point of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

Did you read any of the previous posts?

Stars is concerned about the effects that increasing the max tables would have on the games.

This would give them the opportunity to observe those effects.