Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2006, 03:21 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost
Default Re: Building a bankroll (for newbies) revisited.

Yup, you have to make a new account, and I would use a new e-mail, too. I did and had no problems.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:25 PM

Yeah, thanks I figured it out. When I go to make the depost there is a place for another bonus code. Can i enter another code in this area, or I still use the IB code?
Old 01-15-2006, 03:38 PM

I think I just left that one blank. I don't remember 100%, though.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do not believe the NL games will allow folded hands to count in the same way they do in Limit. Someone correct me if I am wrong here but I am pretty sure 99% this is the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

To the best of my recallection, they do. In fact, I was able to peel off much of the bonus playing the NL25 tables when the going was getting tough.

And yes, you are correct about having to actively fold hands for them to count--sitting out won't do anything for you. Sorry if my other post wasn't 100% clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good news for everyone then. Thanks for the reply. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe I am thinking of situations where the table gets mostly folded around and checked by the blinds and the rake is not met or taken in the lowest stake NL5 games. I honestly haven't played .02/.04 NL in a while. Maybe I should go back some time, just for kicks, and get re-grounded on these games.

How ever the raked hand count works, when a player sits at a new game this is something they should look at closely. At Party and Empire you can click on the cashier button and then on bonus, I believe, and watch how the raked hands are counted after each few hands. This will appear on the bonus information screen and is the best way to judge this especially sence rake requirements tend to change at sites.

LOL I'm a poker player so I obviously like my outs and checking that bonus info during play gives us all an out on this subject. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Monty
Old 01-15-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I am thinking of situations where the table gets mostly folded around and checked by the blinds and the rake is not met or taken in the lowest stake NL5 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be, given the Party rake structure. Most pots at the NL25 are big enough to get raked.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about the IB(instant bankroll)

I have never made a deposit at party, but DO have a play money account there. It says I can still use the IB code but I have to create a new account?

So, I can't use my original "play money" account? I can't use my same email address? I know I should be able to use the code at party since I have never made a depost, but if someone could help me make it work I would appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]
For this Q I would direct you to the PSO Supprot Forum where they should be able to give you correct answers to the questions. PSO Support Forum

You might also be able to find out in the 2+2 Internet Bonus Forum here. 2+2 Internet Bonus Forum

This to me seems the safest path to follow on this sence it will have a direct impact on getting an approval to be in the IB program.

Good Luck!
Monty
Old 01-16-2006, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, thanks I figured it out. When I go to make the depost there is a place for another bonus code. Can i enter another code in this area, or I still use the IB code?

[/ QUOTE ]
Please use the link I gave you above to the PSO forum. I would hate to be the one who told you something which caused your not being approved for the program.

I really want to help not harm. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2006, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I just left that one blank. I don't remember 100%, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
So did I. My thinking was if I have already signed up for a promo then trying to add another might kill the original.

Monty
Old 01-18-2006, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker... now I know that Homer says in his original post that it's horrible to recommend Party Poker to newbies. However if you sign up through an affiliate called Instant Bankroll(instantbankroll.com) you have two very attractive bonus options... Option requires no deposit to receive $100 free to play with (you actually get $75 up front from the affiliate to play with and will get the remaining $25 from party after clearing the bonus). Option two is to deposit $50 or more of your own money and after clearing the bonus, you'll get $100 from the affiliate and $25 from Party Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

It occured to me I failed to provide some important info for those who may want to use the IB promo when I posted added details about IB in this thread. The following should clear up the missed details.

Here is the link to Instant Bankroll you will find all the information there on the offer from PSO.

Be very careful to to follow the directions perfectly if you do take advantage of the promo.

Also be very careful to watch your e-mail INCLUDING SPAM or BULK MAIL folders. If you miss the confirmation e-mail they send you will not be able to complete the offer.

When I did this promo it took a few days before the confirmation e-mail came and it was in a spam folder since I did not have the e-mail address of the sender in my address book on Yahoo mail.

The actual e-mail will come from jay@pokersourceonline.com and you can add this to your address book which may help insure you receive the e-mail they will send you.

There is another way to make sure you get this info ASAP so you won't lose out. When you register the IB deal you will also sign up for an account at PSO ( Poker Source Onilne ). When you goto this site you will see a bar near the top of the page has a link to "My PSO". Place your mouse cursor on the link and left click it. This will take you to your personal PSO account page where you will find info telling you if the confirmation e-mail has been sent. You can then view the contents of the confirmation e-mail and get the instructions needed to complete the sign up.

Be sure and bookmark this info if you think you may need it later.

GL and enjoy the bonus bucks!
Monty