FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 10:59 PM

Default Re: 2p2er talking about 2p2 on PP

Post his screen name.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any problem with this. Some people like to play poker, discuss poker, and be around others that like discussing poker. Its a social game for some, and why not talk about a poker related website at a poker table. This makes perfect sense to me.

Some people don't see poker as a game of trying to do someone out of their money. At one of my home games, there were a few people that went out of their way to explain the finer points to the fish. And it wasn't like "What the $%@& were you calling with that for, you noob!!". It was constructive critizism. The fish generally wouldn't listen anyway, and even if he did, the person giving the advice may lose some edge, but edge isn't everything in life. That person who gave the advice gained in social standing, and increased his social enjoyment of the game.

The OP and others responding sound like you would steal the last dollars out of your grandmothers purse because its "positive ev".

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bust my grandma at the tables because thats the nature of the game

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe. But I was talking about being away from the tables.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:22 PM

I say "2+2 is FOC, flopturnriver is the money! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]"
Old 04-25-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the problem with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

this place makes you better at poker, more better people = less dead money = bad, do you see why?
Old 04-25-2006, 11:05 PM

kill him and his family, just to get the point across
Old 04-25-2006, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is the problem with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

this place makes you better at poker, more better people = less dead money = bad, do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not really the issue. You dont want the other players to see you as a person that actually thinks about the game. Most arent going to come here, some will and will never take heed of the advice and a very small percentage will actually become good. But you dont want people to realize you are a thinking player. Let them come to that conclusion on their own.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any problem with this. Some people like to play poker, discuss poker, and be around others that like discussing poker. Its a social game for some, and why not talk about a poker related website at a poker table. This makes perfect sense to me.

Some people don't see poker as a game of trying to do someone out of their money. At one of my home games, there were a few people that went out of their way to explain the finer points to the fish. And it wasn't like "What the $%@& were you calling with that for, you noob!!". It was constructive critizism. The fish generally wouldn't listen anyway, and even if he did, the person giving the advice may lose some edge, but edge isn't everything in life. That person who gave the advice gained in social standing, and increased his social enjoyment of the game.

The OP and others responding sound like you would steal the last dollars out of your grandmothers purse because its "positive ev".

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you allergic to money?

But seriously, I don't think the problem is that the fish will get better so much as it will change your table image. I have been in home games where this light-hearted instruction has happened and it will change how they perceive you. And not always in the same way. Some will respect you more, some will think you are bluffing because you are good.

If you are always aware of your table image, that is great but I like to stay under the radar.

P.S.--Everything I do at the table is to help me make money. I don't want to help anyone. This game is war.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

But seriously, I don't think the problem is that the fish will get better so much as it will change your table image. I have been in home games where this light-hearted instruction has happened and it will change how they perceive you. And not always in the same way. Some will respect you more, some will think you are bluffing because you are good.

If you are always aware of your table image, that is great but I like to stay under the radar.

P.S.--Everything I do at the table is to help me make money. I don't want to help anyone. This game is war.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people talk strategy on the poker table, and they aren't any good, so there is already a lot of mis-information out there. Weak players will therefore adjust incorrectly to this mis-information, so therefore we are not at a disadvantage. The most important thing is that we know what our table image is and go from there. It is not important to sustain a particular table image.

Relax, be yourself, you're trying to push edges that aren't there.

Trent.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehehe. [sarcasm begin] I'm travelling to Burma soon and should be able to pick up some cheap girls there. I could smuggle them back to the US and prostitute them. We could get a lot of money, do you want in? [sarcasm end]

Its not always about the money.

Trent.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:23 AM

I agree Pushfold. I think this is sacriledge - if you have some guy who is donating cash to your table he should be given encouragement (unlucky, nh, etc) not pushed away. People who berate these guys on their play surely hate money.