Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Anyone ever smoke after being awake for an extended period of time

[ QUOTE ]
Man if you're already tired weed is better than any valium! I can't believe you were even able to post that! Unless of course your weed sucks, which it probably does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was having my 5th wind or so when I smoked, so I was good for about 30 minutes before I passed out. Our weed is pretty freaking top notch, though we're at the end of a purchase period, so it's a little dry, maybe.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever stayed up after taking a sleeping pill, lets say Ambien? This is the same sort of feeling I experience when smoking after being up for a long time. Its kind of trippy and you feel completely zoned out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is the greatest feeling ever and I highly recommend it if you ever happen to get an Ambien prescription.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm... I'm debating doing this right now. But perhaps I should wait for a moment when I won't be so tempted to nod off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I find the feeling is most prevalent when I am quite tired already before taking the Ambien. Let's say you pop the pill while sitting at your computer or watching TV, then forget about it... then 20 or 30 minutes later you get up to go to the john, you will likely stumble around and be in swimland. Many a time at college I fumbled down my dorm's hallway half-staggering and holding the wall at 2 in the morning as a result of this.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever stayed up after taking a sleeping pill, lets say Ambien? This is the same sort of feeling I experience when smoking after being up for a long time. Its kind of trippy and you feel completely zoned out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is the greatest feeling ever and I highly recommend it if you ever happen to get an Ambien prescription.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm... I'm debating doing this right now. But perhaps I should wait for a moment when I won't be so tempted to nod off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I find the feeling is most prevalent when I am quite tired already before taking the Ambien. Let's say you pop the pill while sitting at your computer or watching TV, then forget about it... then 20 or 30 minutes later you get up to go to the john, you will likely stumble around and be in swimland. Many a time at college I fumbled down my dorm's hallway half-staggering and holding the wall at 2 in the morning as a result of this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Weird. I almost always take the Ambien 30-60 minutes before I actually retire to bed, but have never experienced anything remotely like what you describe.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:05 PM

It sounds like mania triggered by smoking in combination with being awake for a long duration. I get this easily without marijuana. Things get really funny for no reason and you just kinda get into a goofy mood. I had a friend who would get this way after his ADHD meds wore off.