Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2006, 02:50 AM

Default Re: PS3 release/purchase/resell

It is impossible with Return & Exchange policies to lose any money on these type of investments. Go crazy and get all of these you can afford and find and then eBay the hell out of them. If for some reason the bottom falls out of the market return them for a refund to the retailer you got them from.

Brendan
Old 04-26-2006, 04:38 PM

Or hell... Keep one and play it. I mean they're video games... Who doesn't like them?
Old 04-26-2006, 05:36 PM

You can not go anywhere and preorder a ps3 console. Or a new Nintendo Revolution. The ps3 is likely due for a november launch. I would ballpark and say the system will at least be $399.

I constantly call my gamestop and EBgames to see if there is any update on preorders. They all refuse to take any preorders until they have an idea of the cost and how many units the store will get.

I plan to buy at least two of them. One to keep, one for ebay. The key is to put a deposit down as soon as they allow it and have it paid off in full so you are guaranteed a unit. I plan to purchase online through amazon/gamestop/whoever that can guarantee it is shipped on opening day.

I dont care how many people across the US buy a new ps3 just for resale, they will be short supply all across the country.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:17 PM

The reason none of the major chains have pre-orders available is because historically new systems are offered for pre-order after E3 in May when the system "officially" debuts and the pricing is announced.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason none of the major chains have pre-orders available is because historically new systems are offered for pre-order after E3 in May when the system "officially" debuts and the pricing is announced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. They will eventually be preordering in most video game stores. I definitely won't be ordering any online, this will be an all B&M venture.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:26 AM

at my local eb they had a list with people to call when they started preordering. There were already like 10 names on the list but i signed up. What B&M stores are you gonna hit?
Old 04-30-2006, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is normal but the PS3 launch will be anything but normal. Sony has already announced that they will not release pricing for the PS3 at E3 this year. Go figure!

Jimbo
Old 04-30-2006, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is normal but the PS3 launch will be anything but normal. Sony has already announced that they will not release pricing for the PS3 at E3 this year. Go figure!

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

Then there are only two possible explanations. Either Sony is keeping it a secret for some unknown reason, or they don't know themselves.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:43 PM

Has anyone effectively gotten a presell from any of the major game chains yet? It's fun to go to GameStop and GameCrazy every other day, but it might just be a national date, so if the first person just posts here it'll be a lot easier.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:11 PM

GameStop told me they won't have presales until Sony formally announces a date and price for the PS3's release.