Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2006, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Ortiz vs Griffin

Forrest assaulting Tito's forearms != points.

Unbelievably close fight and I wouldnt have been too outraged if Forrest won, but the decision was ultimately correct.

Tito gassing in the beginning of RD 2 is the seventh seal cracking open, btw.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:29 AM

Default main event: Silvia vs Arlovski

Silvia in a big upset.

Arlovski rocks Silvia with a huge shot, Silvia gets back to his feet, Arlovski comes in super aggressive to try to finish him, and gets caught with an upercut on the chin. Silvia jumps on his back and Arlovski doesn't defend.

Arlovski just a little overaggressive trying to finish it, had he been a little more patient he probably had this pretty easily as he'd put Silvia on the mat with a punch already. But those are the breaks, and we all knew Silvia had a puncher's chance.

Final on the night: 5-4 on the night.
6 units won, 11 units lost for -5 units on the night.

Tito Ortiz -263 : 7.89 units to win 3 units : WIN +3 units
Sean Sherk -156 : 1.56 units to win 1 unit : WIN +1 unit
<font color="red"> Marcio Cruz +199 : 1 unit to win 1.92 units : LOSS -1 unit </font>
David Terrell -211: 2.11 units to win 1 unit : WIN +1 unit
<font color="red"> Nick Thomspon +234 : 1 unit to win 2.34 units : LOSS -1 unit</font>
<font color="red"> Terry Martin +178 : 1 unit to win 1.78 units : LOSS -1 unit</font>
thiago Alves -282 : 1.41 units to win .5 units : WIN +.5 unit
Evan Tanner -305 : 1.525 units to win .5 unit : WIN +.5 unit
<font color="red"> Andrei Arlovski -400 : 8 units to win 2 units : LOSS -8 units </font>
Old 04-16-2006, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Results update: Monson vs Cruz

Like the Ortiz decision, I couldnt have complained too loud if Cruz got the decision, but ultimately Cruz fights like the abusive older sister I never had which honestly doesnt do much for me.

Leg kicks dont earn too many points, nor should they if the weaknesses they create arent exploited. Cruz's "striking" is better but still ineffective, whereas Monson's put Cruz on his ass on several occasions.

Ultimately, Cruz never really tried to finish the fight, whereas Monson seemed willing to take chances on aggression.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:10 AM

Default Re: main event: Silvia vs Arlovski

This one was just crazy... first we're yelling and jumping up and down, thinking it's about to be over... and then 30 seconds later, it WAS over... but the other guy won. Never quite seen one like that (in MMA) before. Kudos to Sylvia, he caught a BIG right hand, got straight up, and took advantage of an opening (granted, with a lucky punch). I was scared on this one as soon as I saw that Rachel Leah show today with Arlovski going to all the clubs and buying BMWs and jewelry...instead of training like he should have been. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

That being said, I'm all over Andrei at around -150 or so in the 3rd fight...
Old 04-16-2006, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is what I am talking about.

This man (Sunofbeach) is showing some serious heart. He takes a beating and all he can think about is winning it back on the rubber match when his fighter is going to get even lower odds. Lets hope that Silvia or AA don't have any injuries and this fight can happen sooner (July) rather then later (December).

Tuds
Old 04-16-2006, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is what I am talking about.

This man (Sunofbeach) is showing some serious heart. He takes a beating and all he can think about is winning it back on the rubber match when his fighter is going to get even lower odds. Lets hope that Silvia or AA don't have any injuries and this fight can happen sooner (July) rather then later (December).

Tuds

[/ QUOTE ]

My prediction is that both of them are going to kick the sh1t out of two no-names and then fight again in 6-8 months. I think that Sylvia's win tonight at least makes things intresting. If AA had won then we'd have a champ with no even remote contender.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My prediction is that both of them are going to kick the sh1t out of two no-names and then fight again in 6-8 months. I think that Sylvia's win tonight at least makes things intresting. If AA had won then we'd have a champ with no even remote contender.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about it. Now that Courture has retired UFC has only a few main event fighters. Hughes is fighting next month. Liddell is out until August with injuries. Franklin is out until Oct because of injuries. Tito just fought and he is injured too plus he is going to fight Shamrock on TUF finale. If you can think of a main event for a June or July PPV that does not include AA vs. Silvia I would really like to hear.

The only guy left who could headline a PPV is GSP and he is set up to fight Hughes next for the belt.

So I am putting my $$ on SOONER for AA/Silvia II. Have to wait and see.

Tuds
Old 04-16-2006, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Like the Ortiz decision, I couldnt have complained too loud if Cruz got the decision, but ultimately Cruz fights like the abusive older sister I never had which honestly doesnt do much for me.

Leg kicks dont earn too many points, nor should they if the weaknesses they create arent exploited. Cruz's "striking" is better but still ineffective, whereas Monson's put Cruz on his ass on several occasions.

Ultimately, Cruz never really tried to finish the fight, whereas Monson seemed willing to take chances on aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly couldn't believe that it was even that close. Everyone in the crowd seemed to think it was a travesty that one judge scored it 29-28 Cruz. I thought Monson had the fight the entire way, even when Cruz was defending from the bottom, he didn't do that much damage. It just looks like Monson did his best work there.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:14 AM

Really? I thought Cruz was doing a great job with his standup. Better so that Monson. I think Monson's takedown won it for him.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:30 AM

Performify,

For whatever it is worth (not much, I guess), I believe the thinking that went into Martin, Cruz and AA picks was very sound and I would consider making the same bets if these fights were taking place tonight. Not sure about the Nick Thompson one, though.

I try and take lessons from these fights. The one that sticks out for me is I believe Monson might face real problems due to his height. Something to keep in mind.