Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2006, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Affiliate convention in Amsterdam-discussions of rakeback

Beanie, affiliates are responsible for 34% of Party's revenue... they aren't shutting down that revenue stream so fast.

btw, did you get the names of the Party guys that were there?
Old 04-16-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beanie, affiliates are responsible for 34% of Party's revenue... they aren't shutting down that revenue stream so fast.

btw, did you get the names of the Party guys that were there?

[/ QUOTE ]

34% of new revenue? Or are the players already there, such that PP can stop paying without losign the players. Note: they canned the empire affiliates.

I'm not saying they will end the affilaite program, just that it doesnt seem that unlikely to me.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:52 AM

Vikrant was leading the charge for party in the discussions. Party did not can empire affilaites. Empire refused to sell its affilaite database to party, so party just bought the players at a nice premium.

I have a lot more thoughts and info on this thread....i am still traveling will put in my 2 cents in a day or two...
Old 04-16-2006, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you market for players and then the people find out about rake back, they do Not continue to play and say well, I just don't deserve rake back. They quit playing or play less at a site and go to sites that will give them a discount.

You cannot put a cat back into a bag! Once a player knows about rakeback, they want it! Economics transcends the wishful thinking of marketers.

[/ QUOTE ]

From a player's perspective, this is dead on. I wasn't aware of RB until a month ago. I have paid a ton of rake to party poker in the past and I'm currently looking for a good rakeback deal. I feel somewhat cheated by them (party) and lied to. As such I will probably quit playing at party until they offer some kind of RB.

This discussion about how they acted in this conference is only further support for me to leave them.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have paid a ton of rake to party poker in the past and I'm currently looking for a good rakeback deal. I feel somewhat cheated by them (party) and lied to. As such I will probably quit playing at party until they offer some kind of RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker sites do not pay rakeback to players. They pay rakeback to affiliates to bring in new players. Affiliates invented giving rakeback to the players, not the poker sites.

What is happening, (and you are one example of thousands), is that existing players are trying to create duplicate accounts through rakeback affiliates in order to get rakeback. This doesn't bring in any new revenue for the site, and in fact it actually reduces their revenue. If you can't understand why the sites are against having their existing player base cannibalized by this, then you're blind.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:29 PM

It's DOES essentially bring in new revenue for the site if the player wouldn't play at that site AT ALL anymore without a rakeback deal.

Sites that I wasn't getting RB on are sites that I don't play anymore.
Sites that allowed me to get RB (whether via a 1st acct or a 2nd acct) are sites that are getting my play.

What reduces the site's revenue is NOT letting me set up a duplicate account.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's DOES essentially bring in new revenue for the site if the player wouldn't play at that site AT ALL anymore without a rakeback deal.

Sites that allowed me to get RB (whether via a 1st acct or a 2nd acct) are sites that are getting my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob says it so much better than I could. Right on.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:02 PM

ditto [ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MicroBob says it so much better than I could. Right on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-16-2006, 09:47 PM

What you guys are saying is perfectly logical for players but something less for affiliates. It is more complicated. While it would be nice for Party to reverse there position-this won't happen. If you guys do indeed talk with your feet you are in the minority.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:23 PM

i don't think it is that much of a minority. my affiliate numbers are down 40% since the Accelerator finished. That means people are willing to wait for offers, and get tired of demanding offers.