Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2006, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Live 2/5 foxwoods hand

[ QUOTE ]
villain is MP2, i am SB. Yes i agree RR 3-5x his raise was a must.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are playing live it is a good idea to toss the whole thought process of YxBB or Z*raise. Stack size and position is much more important to consider.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:01 AM

call and rebuy.

he's the deep stack because he likes to get his stack in the middle. he didn't stack 5 people by flirting around, he stacked them by dropping the hammer and getting good cards and sucking out some.

in my experience, the big stacks are fish far more often than they aren't, ESPECIALLY live.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:34 AM

Pot the flop, easy ass call on the turn
Old 04-14-2006, 03:51 AM

Grimstarr,

What aren't you beating here? KJ and a set is all. I don't understand what situation you are looking for to get your money in besides holding the nuts while facing a raise.

With stack sizes this small, you need to just call allin here. If you had villians size stack then I probably fold. Plus your "weak" lead bet might have actually induced this raise from a weaker holding. There is certainly enough in the middle for villian to want to go after.

For everyone that says to raise more on the flop, I don't understand how you can say to fold to the raise as a bigger flop bet will just give you even better than the 2.3-1 odds he already faces. Is your stance that betting this little allows you to get away from it? But yet betting more on the flop will pot commit you hence you would advocate calling all in? I wonder.......
Old 04-14-2006, 03:55 AM

callcallcalclalcalcalclall
if you are folding it must be on the flop, or if he might play QT this way decide to call or push on any non-9/A turn
Old 04-14-2006, 07:26 AM

just go all in on the flop... or the turn. or wherever just go all in geez whar are you waiting for??? all in!!!!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:49 AM

Default Results

OK So here's what happened...I called of course, and he flipped over AA...river drew a blank and he took down the pot. I rebought and the rest of the night went well. But my question is this...was calling here right? I see some guys jokingly say call in their posts, but what the hell am I ever ahead of here when he pushes in?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:07 AM

AA, KJ, JJ, KsQs, 44. You beat one.

I'm so [censored]' confused about Villain's position here, it's not even funny. Where is Villain in this hand, man? I'm assuming he is behind you.

Bet more on the flop. 50 is gonna put you in trouble. You will get reraised and not know what to do. 80 is a nice #.
You'll know where you are better.

Either push here or call with a plan to fold against any bet (which, given his stack and how he played this, is what is gonna happen). I mean, call/check is just begging for a very difficult decision.

I'm 50/50. I really am - he has a huge stack, could he have gotten it by bullying people around. Is he overconfident? I'm just not sure. You put yourself in this spot, though, by betting so weak on the flop. Just remember that next time. Now it's just a guessing game - flip a coin, pick one: KsQs, retarted bluff, or beaten hand. I'm probably folding, reloading.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:11 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero Stack is around 500
Villain is about 2.5-3K (the deep stack)
Hero picks up AKo.
Everyone folds to VILLAIN who is MP2 and he makes it 4xBB. Two hands ago I've seen him raise KJc 4xBB. CO and Button Call, Hero in SB calls, BB calls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-14-2006, 11:11 AM

Greek,

You should really NEVER call this mini raise without more. Look - if this guy is miniraising and he is in position, with his stack, whatcha think is happening next? You can't do anything but push and pray he folds. Or, you can check and pray that he doesn't push. Either way, prayer and poker usually don't go hand in hand. You gotta have a plan. You're either pushing the flop and getting value out of his KQ then and there...or you are folding and waiting for a better spot where you can use that weak bet again when you have the nuts.

A'