Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2006, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Attention 9/11 Conspiracy theorists

This was my take on it in a post that got buried deep

People with insane conspiracy theories such as this usually fall into several categories, and there is some overlap

1. Generally crazy people, I.E. people who hear voices, see things that aren't there, etc.

2. People who desperately want to feel special. The "best" thing about believing a ridiculous, outlandish theory is the smug feeling of superiority that YOU know the secret truth that hardly anybody else does. You are so smart and wise you were not able to be duped, etc etc

3. People whom it directly benefits for the idea to be true (be it financial, political, etc.) Obviously if something completely bizarre/impossible benefits you personally not only do you desperately want it to be true, you can dellude yourself into thinking it is true.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are one of those who believe that the government shot down United flight 93,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm more curious about the people like PITTM and cumulonimbus that don't think the plane crashed at all.

As long as it wasn't done in a panic I really wouldn't care *much* if it was shot down. It's much better than the alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I can't imagine why it would be covered up if it was shot down. After the WTC towers and the Pentagon, shooting it down would clearly have been justified. The 9/11 attack succeeded only because all of our policies for dealing with hijacking were based on the assumption of passengers as hostages, not planes as weapons and passengers as sacrificial victimes. The passengers on flight 93 figured it out before anybody in the government did.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:27 PM

Ya, there really is no reason to fear anything like this ever happening again (people using planes as huge missles in affect).

Next group of guys that tries to take over an airliner mid-flight are gonna catch a huge beatdown by all the other passangers (assuming the passengers are smart).

Also the pilots won't let them in the cockpit anymore, no matter who they threaten or kill in the rear of the plane.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
geez these conspiracists should be thrown in asylums. clearly they are not sane. one of my friends believes all this sh*t. he is forty years old, drugged out, and might end up being the next bobby fischer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is much easier to accept the official story then the alternative because the alternative is too frightening to accept.

If Osama Bin Laden orchestrated 911, how come is no longer a priority to find him, instead the priority is focus on Iraq and Iran? Don't you want to question your government when they start so many war or you waiting for them to draft you to fight future war, then you might start asking question.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is much easier to accept the official story because there is a lot of evidence to support it and it makes logical sense.

What is scary about accepting the alternative version is that it means that you have no capacity for logical thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes is much logical to accept the official story, only smart people like you understand war against Afghanstan, Iraq, and soon Iran is just because American can do no wrong. I guess having capacity for logical though is to accept what the government and major media spoon feed you, no need to look further...hmmmm ok

If you consider yourself a logical person then shouldn't you at least protest Bush Adminstration for shredding your constritution and bill of rights?
Old 04-14-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Andy, The Let's Roll comment might have been from a cell phone conversation. I think we knew about this before the cockpit recorder was found.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's correct.

Lisa Jefferson, a supervisor with the GTE customer center, was talking to Flight 93 passenger Todd Beamer on a cellphone. He told her about the hijacking, and said the he and some other passengers were going to storm the cockpit and jump the hijackers. He asked her to recite the Lord's Prayer with him, and when they finished, Jefferson heard him say, "Are you guys ready? Let's roll."
Old 04-14-2006, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
war against Afghanstan, Iraq, and soon Iran is just

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact you want to use the word just when refering to war amuses me.

To me war is war and just that. Anything having to do with justice/rules/law/morality gets thrown out the window.

If I'm ever in a war and my options were break the genova convention and live, or keep it and die, you can guess what I'd do.

Almost every war fought throughout history has been for some "unjust" reason.

How many wars have been fought over purely money? What about ego? What about land? What about religion? etc etc

Of every war fought in history you could probably find very few that everyone would agree is "just"

Anyone who is against a war for being "illegal" or "unjust" is like being against the rain because it's wet.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
geez these conspiracists should be thrown in asylums. clearly they are not sane. one of my friends believes all this sh*t. he is forty years old, drugged out, and might end up being the next bobby fischer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is much easier to accept the official story then the alternative because the alternative is too frightening to accept.

If Osama Bin Laden orchestrated 911, how come is no longer a priority to find him, instead the priority is focus on Iraq and Iran? Don't you want to question your government when they start so many war or you waiting for them to draft you to fight future war, then you might start asking question.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is much easier to accept the official story because there is a lot of evidence to support it and it makes logical sense.

What is scary about accepting the alternative version is that it means that you have no capacity for logical thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes is much logical to accept the official story, only smart people like you understand war against Afghanstan, Iraq, and soon Iran is just because American can do no wrong. I guess having capacity for logical though is to accept what the government and major media spoon feed you, no need to look further...hmmmm ok

If you consider yourself a logical person then shouldn't you at least protest Bush Adminstration for shredding your constritution and bill of rights?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have ever seen my posts on the politics forum before you would see that I am not one of those who feels America can do not wrong. American does wrong frequently. I also do not believe everything the government and media tell me.

You assume that because I do not believe these 911 conspiracy theories that I must support the war in Iraq and believe everythng the Bush administration has said about it. Another example of your difficulty with logic. There is not any reason I can't oppose the Iraq war, believe Bush used 911 as an excuse to lie and manipulate intelligence to get us into the war, and mismanged the aftermath and also believe that the 911 conspiracy theories are ridiculous.

When I heard about the 911 conspiracy theories, I did look further. I don't see any reason to believe them.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, there really is no reason to fear anything like this ever happening again (people using planes as huge missles in affect).

Next group of guys that tries to take over an airliner mid-flight are gonna catch a huge beatdown by all the other passangers (assuming the passengers are smart).

Also the pilots won't let them in the cockpit anymore, no matter who they threaten or kill in the rear of the plane.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go so far as to say a 9/11 scenario is completely impossible. If somebody managed to smuggle firearms on board an airliner (there are enough holes in our security that this is not totally impossible) and none of the passengers were armed, they could simply shoot everyone and fly the plane into a building. I don't think they will be able to do it with box cutters again.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are one of those who believe that the government shot down United flight 93,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm more curious about the people like PITTM and cumulonimbus that don't think the plane crashed at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and SpearsBritney, he'll argue about this topic for daaays ... well he would, but he's been banned. I, for one, don't really post about this stuff much anymore cuz

1)I've accepted it as my own opinion, and I'm happy as long as I show the evidence to the forum, letting people decide for themselves ... and I've already done this in a couple threads.

2)I don't like all the name calling ... I am far from crazy, I don't have any self-interest in the topic, and it doesn't make me feel special to argue topics that are merely labeled and dismissed as conspiracy theories to the public.

I'm happy to answer any realistic questions that people direct towards me, but I'll ignore any insulting or ill-intentioned questions/comments.

-Cumulo
Old 04-14-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and SpearsBritney, he'll argue about this topic for daaays ... well he would, but he's been banned. I, for one, don't really post about this stuff much anymore cuz

1)I've accepted it as my own opinion, and I'm happy as long as I show the evidence to the forum, letting people decide for themselves ... and I've already done this in a couple threads.

2)I don't like all the name calling ... I am far from crazy, I don't have any self-interest in the topic, and it doesn't make me feel special to argue topics that are merely labeled and dismissed as conspiracy theories to the public.

I'm happy to answer any realistic questions that people direct towards me, but I'll ignore any insulting or ill-intentioned questions/comments.

-Cumulo

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems interesting to me, care to provide some links to threads where u argued your points? If you just remeber the title of the thread, naming it is fine thanks.