Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: How widespread is the bot problem?

[ QUOTE ]

So I'm 3-tabling UB while playing an Interpoker 2-4 to clear a bonus. About an hour in, I look down at the chat and see that they are saying I'm a bot because I'm not responding to questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two notes:

I just turn my chat off since dumb comments after I get drawn out on has a history of setting me on tilt.

One of my acquaintances 10-tables PP and plays based on a defined algorithm (sort of like a blackjack basic strategy sheet) that he developed and can beat the games in the long run. His friends nicknamed him "(his-name)+BOT", not because of this new method, but because of his firm control of his emotions.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, 20 bots is not a lot.

Second, if you could play at a table with only bots, you should.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about colluding bots? That is what worries me.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:29 PM

My name on party used to be StankBot. I got alot of assusations of being a bot despite talking in chat.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Moral of the story? 99% of suspected bots are probably players that stay on top of the action and don't chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha funny you should share this, I had the same experience once while multi-tabling. By the time the chat caught my attention it was pretty funny... Finally I just typed "BEEP" and "BLEEP BEEP" a few times in the chat box! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2006, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Improve to what? I fully believe that a bot could never play world-class poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what they said about computers and Chess. A masterfully written computer poker program would make perfect mathmatical decisions, plus use game theory, plus have a perfect memory about every hand it has seen you play. A world class poker player would have to get lucky to beat it. Just because no one has done it doesn't mean it isn't coming, some very smart people are working on it, and I don't mean the yahoos at winholdem.
Poker Robots
Old 04-12-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thats what they said about computers and Chess. A masterfully written computer poker program would make perfect mathmatical decisions, plus use game theory, plus have a perfect memory about every hand it has seen you play. A world class poker player would have to get lucky to beat it. Just because no one has done it doesn't mean it isn't coming, some very smart people are working on it, and I don't mean the yahoos at winholdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just what they said about robots that can converse with you.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:48 PM

I was recently mult-tabling, and got heavily accused of being a bot by McGatorade. Even when I dropped the other tables and chatted with him, he couldn't stop being so steamed about playing with a bot! He left me and I followed him to another table, where he said he wouldn't play with a bot. Do bots make witty banter? I know I do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (and i'm DEFINITELY NOT a bot)
Old 04-12-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fully believe that a bot could never play world-class poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, this is not relevant. It doesn't matter whether a player is better or a worse player than a bot...

Suppose you are playing 2/4 LHE. Suppose you don't realize that you are up against nine bots. Suppose these bots play such that they only play, oh, I don't know, Groups 1-3, and all pairs. If you are player 10, are you not worse off than if you had the usual idiots who play every ace, every suited hand, and some lovelies like K9 as well?

It doesn't matter if the human can or cannot beat the bots. What matters is that the game is less profitable for a winning player who can beat them, and it is more unprofitable for a typical moron Acehugger. If these things cut your earn from 2BB/100 to 1.25 BB/100, the fact that you can still beat them because you are world class and they are not does not change the fact that you are losing a great deal of income as a result of the "new blood".

This is like, my opinion, man.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok,, good that you see that they do not have to improve to world class standard to frighten the living daylights off of any casual player.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does that mean that players who read SMALL STAKES HOLD'EM by Miller et al. should be barred, too? An influx of aware TAGS can ruin a game for the casual player just as much as bots can.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:26 PM

You too. I have been wipoed and bent over at .5/1