Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Re: XBOX 360 ... meh

[ QUOTE ]
Shajen,

How different is it from the other two games? 'Cause those were for the most part just ass-dog easy

(which is not to say that I didn't enjoy it a lot)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, I've played for about 8 hours now. I really enjoy it. I can't compare it to any other Tiger Woods golf other than 2003, since that's the only other one I've actually played.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that within a couple of years, the software will catch up with the hardware and I'll have made a good purchase

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the first games for a new system almost always fail to take full advantage of what it can do. It takes a few generations before the games really start to show off how powerful the system can be. Remember how mindblowing it was when Donky Kong Country came out and how long that was after SNES was released?

(Disclaimer: I work for msft, but these are my personal opinions and I'm not speaking for my employer, blah, blah, blah).

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. May have been the games I purchased ... FIFA 06 and Fight Night Round 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of my roommates and I have been playing FIFA for Xbox (not 360) several nights a week for months now. In one of our games last night, I had a shot that missed (nothing weird about it, just a few feet wide of the goal) and they called it a goal. It was very strange. The shot missed and the ball is sitting there on the grass next to the goal and suddenly the announcers say "It's a goal!" and my guys start celebrating. We watched the replay from every angle and it very clearly just missed.

It didn't make much difference since I ended up winning 5-1 anyway (go Bulgaria!), but it was a strong reminder of just how much EA sucks. As soon as we were done, I used my PartyPoints to buy Winning Eleven so we don't have to deal with this [censored] anymore (I know the new one comes out in a few months, but whatever). Honestly, we have had a lot of hours of fun playing FIFA, so I'm not going to bash it too much, but I am looking forward to Winning Eleven.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:27 PM

how can u not like fight night

its awesome
Old 04-07-2006, 02:33 PM

XBOX 360 is a POS. My little brother has one. I have tried like 5 times to play a full game of madden and never have. The way the system was designed, it has a tendency to heat up very quickly and then shut down to prevent hardware demage. I really feel like those who bought them right away got screwed and bought a system that was not prepared to be released.

Madden is awful. Call of Duty is sick. FNR3 is baller but the movement is too slow IMO. Games look good but hardware is junk.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:33 PM

p.s. May have been the games I purchased ... FIFA 06 and Fight Night Round 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

The FIFA series truly sucks. For football you should look no further than Pro-evolution soccer. An absolute joy.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:39 PM

Wait till E3 in May and then we will be able to see what the PS3 and Revolution are capable of. I have a feeling that one or both of these systems will really be what the next generation is all about. I feel like now the 360 is just a bridge between the previous and future generations, an improvement in some respects, but not taking gaming to the next level.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:49 PM

Are you online yet? Getting demos is for free is nice in the marketplace.

madden is ok.
pgr is fun.
halo2 in hd is cool.
callofduty2 is fun.
DOA 4 is fun.
FNR3 is fun.
oblivion is fun according to a friend of mine.

Streaming music from the PC to the Stereo is interesting.
Streaming music from your IPOD isnt too shabby either.

The games will get better. The dev kits have been out for awhile now and we will start to see quality games in the near future.

The guy with overheating problems should probably move his 360 into a more ventilated space or send it back to MS if it is continually a problem. They have been replacing the ones that overheat.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:53 PM

I just got one too, and got Ghost Recon and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion with it. I've barely seen the outdoors since I've had it. I think you just picked some crappy games.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:30 PM

You definitely picked crappy games. I've had this thing since launch and been entertained a lot by the games, I think there are tons of really solid ones.

Elder Scrolls - amazing. I pretty much didn't see daylight for the first few days I had this. If you like RPGs in the least, you HAVE to buy this game. Just so huge and amazing in every regard.

Ghost Recon - I usually don't like tactical shooters too much but this one has changed my mind. The levels are really well designed and the online is really fun.

Fight Night - The first game that made me say "wow". Great presentation, and tons of fun especially if you play against friends or online.

Call of Duty - best pure FPS on the system, don't bother with Perfect Dark. It's really hard not to like this game, so if you're looking for a safe bet on a game you'd like, this is it.

Burnout - my favorite racer so far(haven't played it on older systems). Online rivalries are great and getting perfects is really addicting and challenging. Need for Speed was also a solid arcadey racer.

Condemned - I got this because one of my friends really recommended it, and while it's pretty short, the atmosphere of the game is so intense you just get immersed in it. I'd for sure at least rent this.

Kameo is also similar in that regard in that it's short and sweet but the gameplay is so smooth. I thought it would just be some dumb kiddy game but it's definitely got some of the best controls/gameplay of any game so far on the 360. It really reminded me of a dumbed down(not in a bad way) Zelda.

The upcoming games also look pretty good, especially Gears of War. Those saying the 360 is just meh and a middle ground between the real next gen, you realize that it's the first next gen system and the software hasn't been able to catch up to what the hardware is capable of right? This will be the same for the Revolution and PS3 launch games, don't worry.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:47 PM

Yep, whoohooo, amazing graphics....

I bought one a month ago. I never had the original XBox, so I played just enough to play Halo2 which I hadn't played, but otherwise it gathers dust.

Meanwhile my PS2 still sees heavy use with Guitar Hero and Shadow of the Colossus.