Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 01:29 AM

Default Re: WSEX Hand Converter Utility (work in progress)

Update: I'm stopping for the night. I have work tomorrow and am going to resume work tomorrow night. I anticipate finishing sometime Saturday afternoon/night. I want to make sure it's pretty good before I release it.

The only real thing I have to add is the showdown/hand reading logic. The interface, file I/O, and game structure logic is all there.

I plan on supporting limit and NL ring. It should be able to handle split pots as well (I don't know what level of complexity I'm going to go to with this, but a simple split pot between two players will be supported).

I still need: WSEX and Stars NL ring hands
Old 04-07-2006, 01:46 AM

If I played NL I would gladly give you the histories, for the love of PT someone send him some nl hands!!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:51 AM

Is this going to work even though the WPEX HH's don't include opponents' hole-cards..even if they win at showdown?

Thanks tons for doing this btw.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:20 AM

I lied, I couldn't sleep so I'm working on it now. Making alot of progress. Just ran a file of 36 hands through with no errors (actually there were about 5 errors which I resolved and now it runs through fine).

It should work despite the "unknown hole cards" thing. Hands where both hole cards can be figured out based on the winning hand will be easy.

hands where only 1 or none of the hole cards are known will be more complicated.

My current idea (at least until proven it doesn't work well or until given a better idea) is to assign dummy cards.

The rules for the dummy cards will be as follows:

1. They can't be a known card somewhere else in the hand.
2. They can't affect the outcome of the final winning hand.
3. They will be as low as possible (2 given highest priority, followed by 3, etc.)
4. Priority of suits will be clubs, diamonds, hearts, spades.

Based on these rules I would say 90%+ of the dummy cards will be either the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

The vast majority of hands will be gravy, but people are going to have to accept a certain % of really funky hands (but I think a very low %).

I'm putting in the NL support now and luckily only a few enhancements are needed.

Anyone that has a few large hand WSEX history files please email them to me at zaqwert@gmail.com

I need a large set of data to test against before I can release anything. If I can get a few hundred hands from a few different players (both and NL and limit) and get them all to work that will cover pretty much 99%+ of hands.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:48 AM

Default Re: WSEX Hand Converter Utility (work in progress) *NSFW*

[ QUOTE ]
please leave that pic in the final version.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-07-2006, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's called a business decision. I just logged in their at 9:25 EST and there are 1009 players. Noble has 2300+ and as well it's likely most of those players don't already own PT while those a WPEX most likely do. So what do you do in my situation? I've constantly added updates for new sites and never charged an upgrade fee. My NETeller email address is listed on my web site if you feel like donating.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for doing this. I think its strange that PTpat thinks its more important to make ipoker network compatible than wpx.

[/ QUOTE ]
STFU you ingrate. Seriously! You have no clue what this man's done for us. Do some research before you make idiotic statements about someone's character.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's called a business decision. I just logged in their at 9:25 EST and there are 1009 players. Noble has 2300+ and as well it's likely most of those players don't already own PT while those a WPEX most likely do. So what do you do in my situation? I've constantly added updates for new sites and never charged an upgrade fee. My NETeller email address is listed on my web site if you feel like donating.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for doing this. I think its strange that PTpat thinks its more important to make ipoker network compatible than wpx.

[/ QUOTE ]
STFU you ingrate. Seriously! You have no clue what this man's done for us. Do some research before you make idiotic statements about someone's character.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-07-2006, 03:04 PM

Any one that has large hand history text files (say 100+ hands) please email them to me (or forward the emails from WSEX to me). I'm very close to completing it and will need to 'stress test' it against a ton of hands to make sure I've accounted for as many scenarios as possible (zaqwert@gmail.com)

Look for me to post an initial beta version either very late tonight or sometime mid day tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:06 PM

In a different thread about this Pat has reported that he's going to look into it.

And somebody else reported that WSEX might look into changing the format of their HH's.

If Pat decides not to do it then it's great that you are working on it. But Pat came to 2+2 at around 4:00am or so and said that the interest in this is much more than he initially would have thought.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:22 PM

Bahh!!! All my hard work. Well I'm gonna finsih anyway.

If WSEX changes their HH format I can pretty easily modify my program to accomodate that (hpoefully they'll improve it)

however if they add in WSEX support to PT then what I'm doing would be pointless.
Closed Thread