Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 07:19 PM

Default Re: TRUEPOKER.........WAY BEHIND OTHER SITES

TrueCEO pwned!1211!!
Old 04-06-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After I sent this I heard nothing back from you despite a couple other attempts. After that, I just figured you no longer cared about the issue:
[ QUOTE ]

I guess it was not just my friend they didnt care to answer then.....
Old 04-06-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Re: TRUEPOKER.........We are interested, Pat

Thanks, Pat. We are interested.

I did recall you and I had exchanged emails in a thread a while back, but did not know of numerous requests to us since in a technical or development sense.

You write:

"If it's continuously changing based on position relative to the button, it would be difficult to determine if a player got up and changed seats to get position on another player. PT would consider this to be another session."

Generally speaking, a player order does not change, unless he changes his seat. The current hand histories supply indicators of unique player identity, a unique hand identifier, the action in the hand, and where/who the blinds are. Specifically, if PT has a hand history with a player name and a hand number, and an identifier of where the button is located, why would it matter for tracking what seat it looks like he is sitting in graphically.

We do allow players to get up and change seats. Other sites do as well. How do you deal with that "start a new session" issue on those sites ?

(We retain hand histories and find that these items, nickname, hand number suffice to identify a player's history for any or all given hands, as well as all other layers in the same hand, using PHP.)

I saw a post here that our current hand history format would also work for PT parsing already, can you confirm whether there was such a cross-post on PT's forums ?

In any event, I'll pass this on to our developers.

Thanks for getting back.

David
Old 04-06-2006, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a nit, and meant as constructive criticism. "these" and "compete", both only use one e in the middle of the word and one e on the end. The e on the end implies the hard "e" pronunciation.

Not trying to be an ass, but I see from your location that English may not be your first language, so I thought that you may not know this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you are a nit what about this.
5) When you write support you hear......nothing I have a friend who did write support 10-20 times and <font color="purple"> </font> .....nothing!!!! MISERABLE!
Old 04-06-2006, 08:04 PM

This isn't a zero sum contest, Pat may make this a win-win for everyone by reviving our discussion.

I'll be glad to be corrected or called out, if it resolves a hanging business issue.

Truepoker CEO
Old 04-06-2006, 08:13 PM

Default Re: TRUEPOKER.........We are interested, Pat

There are no TP converters that I am aware of. Someone had contacted me a while back saying he was working on something but when I asked how he was addressing the seating information he said that was his big sticking point. I haven't heard anything from him so I don't know if he worked it out or not.

If the hand histories could just say:

player x is at seat 1
player y is at seat 2
etc, etc

then it should work OK.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:14 PM

I think the subject of the OP's post is inaccurate - it should be True Poke......Different than Other Sites. And to my mind different is good.

Isn't that the whole point of the True Poker 3D experience - that it isn't a cookie cutter clone of every other site on the net. It's a different experience - and probably not one that appeals to the typical 2+2 multi tabling TAG. And that's what is great about it - I personnally have a lot of fun playing at True, and fun is not how I would describe my experience at a lot of sites. I enjoy the time I spend there - it's like a home game with my drunken buddies.

I've had my issues with True and have even sent dumb e-mail to TP CEO. But I would hate to see it become just another generic copy of Party and Stars. If you don't like it, move on.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP -

there, but I do appreciate the CEO's openness.

[/ QUOTE ]

An honest open CEO, if this is true it would be a first.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just a nit, and meant as constructive criticism. "these" and "compete", both only use one e in the middle of the word and one e on the end. The e on the end implies the hard "e" pronunciation.

Not trying to be an ass, but I see from your location that English may not be your first language, so I thought that you may not know this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you are a nit what about this.
5) When you write support you hear......nothing I have a friend who did write support 10-20 times and <font color="purple"> </font> .....nothing!!!! MISERABLE!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have sent about a dozen emails to support in the last 6 months, and they've always been answered within 24 hours (actually, most emails are answered within 30 minutes of me sending them). These emails have dealt with everything from technical issues to questions about bonuses to questions about payment. My emails have always been answered to my satisfaction.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:38 AM

I will have to echo Hopey's sentiments and while TruePoker's software is not perfect, (but what site's is and how do you define perfect?) the OP seems to have some obsession for knocking TruePoker. If TruePoker is not for him, he should just move on to a site that is. TruePoker is a different and unique approach to what is out there, and for at least that, they should be commended.

TruePoker customer service is excellent, and Mr. TruePoker CEO's word is good.